Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #31
sski
2nd Gear Member

Back to the OP. If you can save $5 a tank why wouldn't you. I look at it this way...it's an extra beer at the strip club...yes, a glass of draft at Crossovers is $4.60...hand her a 5 and its all good. btw...a pitcher is $16. You GTA boys need to come north on the weekends.

Anyway, Costco has ethanol free 91. Fuel in Barrie is already about 4 cents cheaper than GTA, then Costco has to beat the regular Barrie stations again so I get 91 for maybe 2 cents more than 87 in GTA. Sometimes it's the same.

I'm going to throw a tank of Costco 91 in my DD this morning (2000 Altima, 447,000kms...the damned thing just won't die) and see what I get out of a tank.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #32
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
I'm not saving for retirement as my plan has that included when I hit 25 (so in 2 years). Yesterday we went and got a new 5.1 surround system (Blu-ray). I don't get why half of you people can't save money properly. My living expenses are just about normal and I can save about a grand a month to use on whatever
From what you say you earn and spend I find this 100% unbelievable.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #33
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
"You must not have any type of savings plan and living pay cheque to pay cheque? " bro many people are ending up like this. debt slaves by design..i mean they just overhauled credit cards in the u.s 'to make it better for people' now if yu have bad credit you can get a credit card at 79.9% - wow way better!
You make it seem that it's the banks fault for getting people into debt. It's not.

You are accountable for your wealth, no one else. If you get a CC or any sort of loan, buy a car on finance/lease, etc and max it out it's no ones fault but your own.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #34
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
Believe what you want. I even have facebook pictures to prove One of me last week before my B-Day with our new 42" LED tv and last night of our 5.1 Blu-ray surround sound. I also just put up a album of our new 2010 Mazdaspeed3. I don't need to prove anything as Denny and others are witness to how moving to a different city has changed my life. Not to mention being money conscious and other such things have helped me stretch my pennies just that much further.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #35
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Believe what you want. I even have facebook pictures to prove One of me last week before my B-Day with our new 42" LED tv and last night of our 5.1 Blu-ray surround sound. I also just put up a album of our new 2010 Mazdaspeed3. I don't need to prove anything as Denny and others are witness to how moving to a different city has changed my life. Not to mention being money conscious and other such things have helped me stretch my pennies just that much further.
I'm not doubting your saving abilities but your math is very skewed or you earn a lot more than you claim or your bills are being subsidized by someone.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #36
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Stop crying. Get a better job. I have to put 91octane in my new car because it's turboed. I only make a few dollars over minimum and my girlfriend is a full time student @ OttawaU. We make it work, how come you can't ? We even have rent, food, insurance, car payment, gas and many other things. People who make even 20$/hr cry about this.... Learn how to spend your money wisely then!
Quote:
I'm not saving for retirement as my plan has that included when I hit 25 (so in 2 years). Yesterday we went and got a new 5.1 surround system (Blu-ray). I don't get why half of you people can't save money properly. My living expenses are just about normal and I can save about a grand a month to use on whatever
dude common. Your math is hilarious. You make barely over minimum , yet you can afford a mazda lease(im assuming since its cheaper), insurance, rent,etc and save a grand a month

does.not.compute.
and I know what Ottawa is like. My family has lived there for yrs. In fact ill be heading up this evening

but making barely above minimum and then adding up what you say. just doesnt work.

Last edited by SiR; 04-21-2011 at 01:17 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #37
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
You make it seem that it's the banks fault for getting people into debt. It's not.

You are accountable for your wealth, no one else. If you get a CC or any sort of loan, buy a car on finance/lease, etc and max it out it's no ones fault but your own.
yes and no. the system is flawed and always has been...but got even worse in the last decade. You cant have such a shitty set up and expect for people not to get in hot water, even if you managed to stay ok and others too. Its just irresponsible how it is set up. Never mind all the social factors programed into you since the first time you set foot in front of a tv. My point is its not so cut and dry.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #38
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
yes and no. the system is flawed and always has been...but got even worse in the last decade. You cant have such a shitty set up and expect for people not to get in hot water, even if you managed to stay ok and others too. Its just irresponsible how it is set up. Never mind all the social factors programed into you since the first time you set foot in front of a tv. My point is its not so cut and dry.
Doesn't matter man... everyone these days thinks they're unaccountable for their actions... It's quite sickening. It's always something or someone else's fault, never their own.

Just because it's easy to get yourself into debt, doesn't mean it's not your fault.

Do people want nice things? Sure? Are most willing to wait for it? Nope. That social factors are pushing people to buy/have things they truly cannot afford, maybe. But doesn't mean it's not their fault for being lemmings and actually going out and doing it.

If people want to be selfish, so be it. But don't start crying to world because the world is changing and you're going to have an ever harder time to live far above your means.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #39
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

As I said its not so cut and dry. Its both sides fault. They conditioned people to be that way. Most people are lemmings....

I agree many dont want to be accountable. Of course they should be but there are some fundamental flaws on the other side. to completely ignore them and say it solely rests on the individual is short sighted imho.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #40
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
Me too, but who cares.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #41
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Maybe a grand a month is a bit off or a lot off but, my point is still the same. If you want to make things work, you will make it work.

By the way, I forgot to mention, me and my girlfriend split the bills. So I pay half the car, full insurance (since only I drive) and half rent. Still save a couple bills though
Old 04-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #42
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

:p

obviously people are "making it work" . It doesnt mean they cant and/or should just be happy with the bs gas prices. theres no reason for them to be up this high except to make speculators money.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #43
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Next time vote conservative in Ontario ! They cut taxes on everything !
Liberals increase taxes to give to lazy people not working or new uneducated immigrants !
Paying high gas prices may seem as a pain in the ass butttttttt, it will pay off when Chevy, Buick and others follow the path of Oldsmobile, Pontiac and so on...

I remember when Americans bombed Yugoslavia back in 1999. The **** faces destroyed our automotive factory..... Than Italians came and invested billions of Euros in their new FIAT Automotive plant in Serbia... So at the end of the day, they still have the jobs. I am just not quite sure if americans have the jobs heheheh.
Btw, do not forget, Alitalia and Serbian airliner Jat Airways scraped their Boeing fleet to replace it with the Airbus.

Cheers!
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #44
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Sometimes it just nice to look back and have some flash back memory....... They are still stuck fighting their wars for oil..... Now they want to set their puppets in the North Africa to take over, so they could place their own people to milk out the oil from this part of the world.....
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #45
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
:p

obviously people are "making it work" . It doesnt mean they cant and/or should just be happy with the bs gas prices. theres no reason for them to be up this high except to make speculators money.
Obama just made a "task force" to investigate oil price fraud. Maybe that might help with everyone's displease with gas prices.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: