Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #16
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner
 
Robb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: North York
Posts: 2,483


Next time vote conservative in Ontario ! They cut taxes on everything !
Liberals increase taxes to give to lazy people not working or new uneducated immigrants !
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:56 PM   #17
SiR
Vtec just kicked in
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: TO
Posts: 2,754
I see no issue with trying to save $5 especially with prices going up and up.

its entirely up to the individual .
__________________
-||Old Crayons||-
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #18
325isdan
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
You know I'm a car enthusiast and there are many others on here that are as well. I drive/build/work on cars because they're fun and it's my hobby. I just recently upgraded my turbochargers on my S4 to hopefully in the next little while be making somewhere in the range of 600bhp... I did that because I enjoy driving my car, I enjoy the power. Upgrading a car (which is already a depreciating value no matter what) is the one way you take something that someone else has and make it your own. To enjoy the power you need fuel, to feed the tank you need money. You cannot be serious if you're worried about the little extra you're paying now is really going to effect you at the end of the year is it?

If you're concerned about $5/tank of fuel then you're obviously on the wrong track here. Either it's the wrong car, or the wrong job or the wrong hobby.

If the $5 or even $10 extra in gas is going to hurt you that much then there obviously needs to be a change somewhere and I'll tell you the answer is not in using 87 octane for looking for non ethanol gas.

I enjoy driving to. OP was getting savings by using a higher octane. Higher octane = more $ initially more savings in the long run..
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:38 AM   #19
sexxxybimmer
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 364
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R35vDUgRBD4
sexxxybimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:36 AM   #20
voluted
2nd Gear Member
 
voluted's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
You know I'm a car enthusiast and there are many others on here that are as well. I drive/build/work on cars because they're fun and it's my hobby. I just recently upgraded my turbochargers on my S4 to hopefully in the next little while be making somewhere in the range of 600bhp... I did that because I enjoy driving my car, I enjoy the power. Upgrading a car (which is already a depreciating value no matter what) is the one way you take something that someone else has and make it your own. To enjoy the power you need fuel, to feed the tank you need money. You cannot be serious if you're worried about the little extra you're paying now is really going to effect you at the end of the year is it?

If you're concerned about $5/tank of fuel then you're obviously on the wrong track here. Either it's the wrong car, or the wrong job or the wrong hobby.

If the $5 or even $10 extra in gas is going to hurt you that much then there obviously needs to be a change somewhere and I'll tell you the answer is not in using 87 octane for looking for non ethanol gas.
If you could save $5 every time you fill up your car with no side effects or additional thought required, why wouldn't you? It's just a different button to press for him.
voluted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:39 AM   #21
sexxxybimmer
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
You know I'm a car enthusiast and there are many others on here that are as well. I drive/build/work on cars because they're fun and it's my hobby. I just recently upgraded my turbochargers on my S4 to hopefully in the next little while be making somewhere in the range of 600bhp... I did that because I enjoy driving my car, I enjoy the power. Upgrading a car (which is already a depreciating value no matter what) is the one way you take something that someone else has and make it your own. To enjoy the power you need fuel, to feed the tank you need money. You cannot be serious if you're worried about the little extra you're paying now is really going to effect you at the end of the year is it?

If you're concerned about $5/tank of fuel then you're obviously on the wrong track here. Either it's the wrong car, or the wrong job or the wrong hobby.

If the $5 or even $10 extra in gas is going to hurt you that much then there obviously needs to be a change somewhere and I'll tell you the answer is not in using 87 octane for looking for non ethanol gas.
buddy if u have so much money give me $5 bc gas price is expensive for me, i have no idea what u are talking about, every ****ing time i fill up my gas i hate every car dosnt matter what hp it has.
sexxxybimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #22
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member
 
NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxybimmer View Post
buddy if u have so much money give me $5 bc gas price is expensive for me, i have no idea what u are talking about, every ****ing time i fill up my gas i hate every car dosnt matter what hp it has.
Sounds like you need to be driving a Pinto rather then a 335i in that case.

If you think us Canadian's have it bad, try buying fuel in Europe.
__________________
E36 DYNO TUNING WIRING PARTS
NOTORIOUS VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #23
sexxxybimmer
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
Sounds like you need to be driving a Pinto rather then a 335i in that case.

If you think us Canadian's have it bad, try buying fuel in Europe.
Keep your opinion for your self, i don't care about Europe, the country where i came from is the fourth largest oil producer in the world at approximately 150 billion barrels as of 2007, gas is cheap and price is set not like here one day up a cent one day down. What i'm saying is doesn't matter how much money u got gas price is high.
Kev
sexxxybimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #24
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxybimmer View Post
Keep your opinion for your self, i don't care about Europe, the country where i came from is the fourth largest oil producer in the world at approximately 150 billion barrels as of 2007, gas is cheap and price is set not like here one day up a cent one day down. What i'm saying is doesn't matter how much money u got gas price is high.
Kev
Stop crying. Get a better job. I have to put 91octane in my new car because it's turboed. I only make a few dollars over minimum and my girlfriend is a full time student @ OttawaU. We make it work, how come you can't ? We even have rent, food, insurance, car payment, gas and many other things. People who make even 20$/hr cry about this.... Learn how to spend your money wisely then!
__________________
HavocSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #25
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member
 
NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxybimmer View Post
Keep your opinion for your self, i don't care about Europe, the country where i came from is the fourth largest oil producer in the world at approximately 150 billion barrels as of 2007, gas is cheap and price is set not like here one day up a cent one day down. What i'm saying is doesn't matter how much money u got gas price is high.
Kev
well newsflash brah... shit ain't gonna change... so you better trade in that 335i for the Pinto while you can still get something for it.
__________________
E36 DYNO TUNING WIRING PARTS
NOTORIOUS VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #26
325isdan
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Stop crying. Get a better job. I have to put 91octane in my new car because it's turboed. I only make a few dollars over minimum and my girlfriend is a full time student @ OttawaU. We make it work, how come you can't ? We even have rent, food, insurance, car payment, gas and many other things. People who make even 20$/hr cry about this.... Learn how to spend your money wisely then!
You must not have any type of savings plan and living pay cheque to pay cheque?
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #27
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
"You must not have any type of savings plan and living pay cheque to pay cheque? " bro many people are ending up like this. debt slaves by design..i mean they just overhauled credit cards in the u.s 'to make it better for people' now if yu have bad credit you can get a credit card at 79.9% - wow way better!





__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #28
SiR
Vtec just kicked in
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: TO
Posts: 2,754
the gas(and food) prices are all bs. people racking in huge profits for no reason.

the prices SHOULD change because its bs and all cause of speculators. its not "it is what it is" type crap and people should be ok with it. bloody ridiculous
__________________
-||Old Crayons||-

Last edited by SiR; 04-20-2011 at 09:42 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #29
B6T
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Waterwoo
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxybimmer View Post
Keep your opinion for your self, i don't care about Europe, the country where i came from is the fourth largest oil producer in the world at approximately 150 billion barrels as of 2007, gas is cheap and price is set not like here one day up a cent one day down. What i'm saying is doesn't matter how much money u got gas price is high.
Kev
FYI
4th largest oil producing country in the world...



Country where "one day up a cent one day down"


Could you think of any reason why gas is so cheap back home? Could it be because no one wants to live there?
__________________
Summer: BMW 135i M-Sport
Winter: 2004 Audi A4 Ultrasport 2.7tt
Year round: 6 cylinders, two turbos, and 6 speeds.
B6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #30
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
You must not have any type of savings plan and living pay cheque to pay cheque?
I'm not saving for retirement as my plan has that included when I hit 25 (so in 2 years). Yesterday we went and got a new 5.1 surround system (Blu-ray). I don't get why half of you people can't save money properly. My living expenses are just about normal and I can save about a grand a month to use on whatever
__________________
HavocSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015