Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
rider-.
3rd Gear Member

alignment for the track

hey guys, im planning on running maddd hella flush for the streets, but we all know this isnt practical for the track, so I basically need a way to change my camber at the track, and change it back after the track without needing to get an alignment each time. also, my toe will increase as the car gets lowered? but im planning to raise it a bit for the track as it will probably upset geometry being sooo low, not too much higher probably just like a half inch higher. any ideas? only thing i can think of is having two sets of control arms and swapping them out every time, but thats bitch, especially with how close the bolt is to the m3 diff on the one side. any other suggestions? i must not be the only one......
Old 04-19-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I disagree with your problem. Most 3ers like -2.0-2.5 rear camber, which is ideal for both for both the street and track (with a reasonable toe). It's actually less negative than factory specs on some models.

Yes the toe will change slightly, and going with just one alignment for both is a compromise, but not nearly as much as you're sweating it.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
rider-.
3rd Gear Member

these are the wheels im going to be running, that def looks like more then 2.5 rear camber doesnt it?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

For sure, I didn't expect you to be running a wheel that aggressive.

If I were in your shoes I'd wait until I have the wheels on, get it aligned, and see how little negative camber you can get away with. You could still reach a compromise point.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
I highly recommend reading this thread:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=995556

Changing control arms at the track is going to be pretty unrealistic considering you'd have to unbolt the diff to move it, and you alignment will never be the same anyway.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:21 AM   #6
rider-.
3rd Gear Member

thanks ^ that was a pretty good read!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
B6T
2nd Gear Member

If you have to change camber at the track so the car handles well, chances are its going to drive like shit on the street with the 'hella flush' wheel set up. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I'd have a hard time justifying wheels that require -5deg of camber and cause the car to feel like its steering with its back wheels over every bump.

Why don't you get wheels that actually fit the car? This seems to be the original thing to do these days.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:30 AM   #8
rider-.
3rd Gear Member

im bored of wheels that actually fit, these wheels are already ordered anyways. Heres what im thinking..

19x9.5 +20 fronts with 225's
19x10.5 +22 rears with 235's

take off the inner lip of the rear fenders, and pull them a bit.

run as little camber as possible, hoping for something around 3degrees per side, but i feel like thats not gunna happen at all.

im thinking somewhere near 3degrees will still be fine for the track.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: