Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Our New Vehicle

Picked up a new 2010 Mazdaspeed3 finally! BMW was not in the equation as they are to much to finance and with my girlfriend being in university, it just ain't happening. We ended up picking out a nice sporty wagon that has many features and is fun to drive. We also got a free extended warranty with 17" rims with winters all ready balanced and mounted. I've already put over 100km on the car as we did a little road trip to Pekanham(spelling?) Ontario just south of Arnprior. Well on to the pictures!

The little SatNav isn't as bad as they say it is. It's nice that when your looking at traffic you can actually see the screen as well, although it's small, it's crystal clear and simple to use. Also came with push start, I must say, all cars should have it! So easy and less hassle.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
The interior looks quite nice. I like it. (stickshift is the way to go!) Does your gf drive stick?
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Nice ride. The only (personal) thing I don't like is the front lower bumper skin. Looks too much of a smilin' face. The previous models were more subtle.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:41 AM   #4
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
Nice ride. The only (personal) thing I don't like is the front lower bumper skin. Looks too much of a smilin' face. The previous models were more subtle.
Yea I know, but that's me smiling as I pass all the BMW's.

My gf doesn't know, unfortunately I have to teach her with the new car. We did some practice runs today, it wasn't horrible but it wasn't good either lol. She gets scarred because the car jerks when she can't get the clutch timing and it stalls out. Luckly, she worked at the dealership where we bought the car so a clutch + install will all be half price

The interior is actually very clean looking and fairly simple. The only thing I don't really like is the steering wheel that has over 10 buttons. I just don't use them
Old 03-28-2011, 12:49 AM   #5
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Cool! Btw I have been told these Mazada 3 cars are made in Japan. Is that the case with the new one as well?
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

According to my girlfriend, it's true about Japan. Mazda is the only the only car company that doesn't outsource their manufacturing to much, only the Tribute she thinks is made in U.S. since Ford does own some shares about 13% of the company.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Congrats on the new car!

We actually also picked a new car this past friday!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #8
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Congrats on the new car!

We actually also picked a new car this past friday!
Oh yea? What did you pick up?

Btw, the gas mileage sucks on this car. Like 450km to a tank I could probably coast it to like 500-550km but I BOOST!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #9
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

I hear they are fun cars to drive, but god are they ugly as sin (IMO). Congrats on the purchase .
New car is a new car at the end of everything.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #10
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
I prefer the old Speeds but of the smiley generation the speed 3 is the best looking of the bunch.

Rustproof it now.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #11
E36is
'OldSchool..'

nice car.. hope you did the research and made preparations for the motor mount failures that these mazda 3's especially the turbo versions have been known to have. its quite common.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #12
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer View Post
I prefer the old Speeds but of the smiley generation the speed 3 is the best looking of the bunch.

Rustproof it now.
Yea, the smile is kinda weird but at least it goes fast! So it makes me smile also. I ended up hitting 140km just passing this bus in 4th gear. The pick-up in this car is stupid when boost kicks in. I have to drive like a grandma because I don't want anymore tickets!

I'm hoping to buy a rust module before winter this year as the car sat and did nothing for the whole year except went out for some test drives.

I'll end up taking some pictures later when I talk to my other buddy who has a 08' speed3. You can tell the differences between the cars. Mine has buttons to unlock door on the handles and hatch where his is all keys, mines all keyless everything. Only thing I dislike, there's no engine temp gauge!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #13
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36is View Post
nice car.. hope you did the research and made preparations for the motor mount failures that these mazda 3's especially the turbo versions have been known to have. its quite common.
Comes with a 7 year warranty, 160,000km. I work less then 5km away. This car will never reach 100,000km over the 7 years. I'm not worry as now we just take it in and they fix it. Not to mention I'll just borrow a car off them since I know the sales people and management. Only thing that's not covered is oil changes, brakes, tune-ups and clutchs. Everything else is covered. I did do a little research and found that Cobb has a engine mount kinda like the poly ones which doesn't look hard to do but I'd rather the dealership handle things as I don't want to touch it for 7 years.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #14
link2009
1st Gear Newbie

Steve, the Mazda looks great. I like the colour as well.

The warranty should provide some peace of mind.

Since you live 5KM away from your workplace, why not just take the bike on sunny days? It would save a lot of wear & tear on your new car and money!
link2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #15
mgunter
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on the car!

Putting those basketweaves on soon. Just waiting on my new rubber to show up!
mgunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: