Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
blastedM3
Jane & Finch

Hair Loss and Itchy Scalp

Anyone here experience this? It started about a year ago and im loosing hair like crazy. I cant go a day with out washing my hair. If i dont wash it it will itch and fall.

I have done some reading but I'm hoping for some input from anyone that has actually experienced this and has found a solution to it.

Thanks

1997 E36 M3-Sold
1991 318ci-Project Car-Almost Done
93 Honda HB-Daily Beater
blastedM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Why not go to the doctors? He could prescribe you something for the itch. I know my head was itchy but no hair loss and all I did was go to head & shoulders. I also used this pink shampoo in the pharmacy section that helps with dry scalp.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
sirex
King Sirex

wow dude ive had the exact same problem and it too started like a year ago.

how old are you by the way?

I was having a problem where I was getting alot of pimples as well on the back of my head which was ****ing weird cuz that had never happened before.. went to the dermatologist - **** had to wait like 2 months to get an apointment, and she perscribed this stuff called Dalicin back in January. I used that and the pimples went away finished the bottle (bascialyl its the solution that u dab onto your scalp) and for the most part the pimples have stopped but it seems it may be coming back..

im booking another apointment tomorow and hopefully get in soon times because Ive also noticed that now, more so then before, my scalp is extremely dry and flaking like crazy and sometimes ill get itchy as well.

I dont know its ****ing annoying because the docs prescribe these medications that I dont think are the best solution I think they cure one problem but add others - for instance the extreme dryness was never there before. Actualy it seems it went from being very oily, to very dry now..

SIGH... ****
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:54 AM   #4
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Go see a dermatologist.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:09 AM   #5
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

Unless you have a very ugly head, cut if all off, and keep it off! I did it back when i was 25, and never looked back! I know of people who spent $50K trying to get the hair back, with not very good results. (Waste of time and $$$ if you ask me!)
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening mid June!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
wow dude ive had the exact same problem and it too started like a year ago.

how old are you by the way?

I was having a problem where I was getting alot of pimples as well on the back of my head which was ****ing weird cuz that had never happened before.. went to the dermatologist - **** had to wait like 2 months to get an apointment, and she perscribed this stuff called Dalicin back in January. I used that and the pimples went away finished the bottle (bascialyl its the solution that u dab onto your scalp) and for the most part the pimples have stopped but it seems it may be coming back..

SIGH... ****
It might be Rosacea..it looks like pimples and..itchy ..the solution is just local antibiotic.. if it is rosacea, it can only be prevented by change of diet...
check with the dermatologist....it shouldnt cause hair loss tho...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #7
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastedM3 View Post
Anyone here experience this? It started about a year ago and im loosing hair like crazy. I cant go a day with out washing my hair. If i dont wash it it will itch and fall.

I have done some reading but I'm hoping for some input from anyone that has actually experienced this and has found a solution to it.

Thanks
I wash my hair everyday for the longest time (I washed it every other day or third day when I had long hair like a rocker back in highschool). I have a full set of hair with no hair loss.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Does it have to do with a shampoo? Should we with good hair be picky with a shampoo? I wash my hair with all sorts of body shmapoos and nock on the wood, no issues. Just wanted to get some advise...
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

I was told by various hair stylists that switching shampoo's every other week helps hair growth. I dunno if that's true but I do it. Use H&S one week the next some cheap shampoo.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #10
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Do any of you that have these problems wear hats/caps a lot?

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #11
sirex
King Sirex

never.

only my tougue a little during the winter.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #12
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
Do any of you that have these problems wear hats/caps a lot?
I remembered a few guys in highschool that wore caps all the time ended up going baled by the time they were 18-19

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #13
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

over the last year i've noticed people bitching about exama, seems to be more of it, or everybody i talk to has lice idk

I want to say pickering/chalk river & or cheap crap from china -probably both.
but i wear a hockey helmet & drool alot, so ..
Old 04-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #14
E36is
'OldSchool..'

oh man, i agree with the ugly head thing. At my old work, there was a guy that was bald (he wasnt bald by nature, just did it because he hated going to the barber) and boy did his head have alot of dents and valleys. You'd think he was hit on the head a baseball bat one to many times.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #15
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

why do you people go to a dermatologist whos going to prescribe you some HORRIBLE Toxin for your body??

go speak with your local health food store owner, they got into the business to help people like you!!! go and talk to them... sure theyre going to want to sell you some stuff, but all that stuff is REALLY good for you. Can GARUNTEE theyll prescribe you something very good!

I compare doctors to dealerships... take your car in, pay outta the ass and you might have to go back in for more repairs.

go to a herbalist, hell get the job done for good prices and friendly service and actually fix the problem.

anyone who has gone herbal knows what im talking about
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: