Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #46
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm View Post
I don't have to justify anything, people like to hide behind the truth and make up shit that they believe is true, and then believe it. Running cost on the M3 is not less than the running cost on the M5, Parts are much more common on the M5 than the M3, and obviously you’re not in the automotive business to know what things cost brother!
Wow you're dense.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #47
540iM
2nd Gear Member

God spoke to me last night...he told me that if he'd drive the M5 if he came down to earth. For this reason, I have decided to stick to the mighty M5!

I hope that god gives me the patience to find a good example. It's going to be difficult.
540iM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #48
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
Wow you're dense.
People don't like the truth plain and simple, I might be dence,blunt,etc. but I am a staright shooter man, I will tell you the facts not make up stuff. I am still wondering if I met you at La Poloma one time. Did you have that Grey AUDI?
parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #49
fastfive40
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis View Post
thats down to personal preference and all those cars had an exhaust which makes the point invalid. stock vs stock, you can barely hear both of them. also, the m5 redlines at 6800rpm where the m3 goes up to 8000rpm. huge difference there. then again if your modifying the exhaust, you can make the m3 sound less raspy and more throat and have the m5 sound more raspy also.
Well it may be personal preference but I believe the greater majority of people would agree that the S62 will always produce a sweeter exhaust note no matter what mods are done...maybe time for a poll?
fastfive40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #50
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iM View Post
God spoke to me last night...he told me that if he'd drive the M5 if he came down to earth. For this reason, I have decided to stick to the mighty M5!

I hope that god gives me the patience to find a good example. It's going to be difficult.
You know made me get an M5? This link
When My girlfriend piss me off she tightens up her seat-belt!! the part at 6:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1dYv_gKTA8
parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #51
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfive40 View Post
Well it may be personal preference but I believe the greater majority of people would agree that the S62 will always produce a sweeter exhaust note no matter what mods are done...maybe time for a poll?
calm down there tiger.

congrats on the decision and good luck on the find. couple in toronto for around $20k. just do one thing first once you get it....remove the wood trim. i think it ruins the interior of the e39. btw, was god the wife who spoke to you? lol jk
and my mistake for being off on the redline. i was close though.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #52
540iM
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
calm down there tiger.

congrats on the decision and good luck on the find. couple in toronto for around $20k. just do one thing first once you get it....remove the wood trim. i think it ruins the interior of the e39. btw, was god the wife who spoke to you? lol jk
and my mistake for being off on the redline. i was close though.
The one's in toronto are a 2000 model year and the 2002 LMB had a major accedent. I'm not going to gamble...i'm going to be patient for a good example which will make it more diffucult. The wood trim is definiately on the list when I get the M5. Thinking a CF wrap would be the way to go.

The wife has her own 540i (yes i have two). "Her's" is a 2002 M pack AUTO. Soo she doesn't care and I had made a deal before I put on the wring. We use this one during the winter while I keep the other in the garage. So the M5 will be sleeping during the cold months. That's why I didn't care much about maintinance costs.

PLEASE...if any one comes across a good example PLEASE let me know.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #53
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
The one's in toronto are a 2000 model year and the 2002 LMB had a major accedent. I'm not going to gamble...i'm going to be patient for a good example which will make it more diffucult. The wood trim is definiately on the list when I get the M5. Thinking a CF wrap would be the way to go.

The wife has her own 540i (yes i have two). "Her's" is a 2002 M pack AUTO. Soo she doesn't care and I had made a deal before I put on the wring. We use this one during the winter while I keep the other in the garage. So the M5 will be sleeping during the cold months. That's why I didn't care much about maintinance costs.

PLEASE...if any one comes across a good example PLEASE let me know.
Your wife drives an auto? Mine has her own e34 M5 summer car and e90 6 speed to get to work!

You should contact Will Zaraska and see if he can find you a nice E39 M5 in the USA.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #54
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
If someone with an M5 replaces the clutch with a stock clutch kit they're idiots... The M5's clutch is already not strong enough for the TQ it makes which is why it fails so soon.
Oo jeez, here we go again.....

*Owner of an M5 with OEM clutch with 189697km's on it that is only getting replaced because it only causes slight issues when I track the car or REALLY push it*

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 04-08-2011 at 12:27 PM.
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #55
King Luis
The King.

instead of CF wrap, how about piano black trim? DIY, looks great. i'm going to do mine this summer.

Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #56
540iM
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
instead of CF wrap, how about piano black trim? DIY, looks great. i'm going to do mine this summer.
I can't wrap what i don't have > this doesn't sound so good

Step by step..step by step. You are not helping with my patience plan of mine.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #57
King Luis
The King.

Quote:
I can't wrap what i don't have > this doesn't sound so good

Step by step..step by step. You are not helping with my patience plan of mine.
here is help.
states
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1302283217584

toronto area
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ269519033

Old 04-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #58
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
Oo jeez, here we go again.....

*Owner of an M5 with OEM clutch with 189697km's on it that is only getting replaced because it only causes slight issues when I track the car or REALLY push it*
It really varies from car to car. My father's M5 only has around 80,000 km and after a few laps on the track it'll start slipping when power shifting. It also get's worse as you start adding power mods to it. Yeah the stock clutch is 'adequate' but the factor of safety on it really is too small.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #59
SickFinga

Quote:
I don't have to justify anything, people like to hide behind the truth and make up shit that they believe is true, and then believe it.

Sounds exactly what you are doing. Lets see
Quote:
Running cost on the M3 is not less than the running cost on the M5,

Front brake disc
M3 - $152
M5 - $228

Brake pads
M3 - $153.50
M5 - $169.50

6 spark plugs vs 8
1 HFM vs 2 (which is a common problem on M5 as far as I know)
5.5l of oil vs 6.5l
13.8l/100km vs 15.7 (average)

Quote:
Parts are much more common on the M5 than the M3, and obviously you’re not in the automotive business to know what things cost brother!
There were 9,992 M5 sold in North America and 43,779 M3s (including convertibles). So I doubt that M5 parts are more common.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #60
540iM
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Thank you! However, I have these two links under my favorits plus another 10 links which I go through daily looking for the approperiate E39 M5. Once again, thank you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: