Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
Fern3
formerly e36.M52B25

Exclamation Feeler: 1999 323is (swapped)

It's time for me to upgrade, I'm thinking of letting my baby go. Details:

1999 BMW 323is 5spd. Baby'ed car, PO only did maintenance at BMW Dealerships.

Body:

Fern Green Metallic. (Polished yearly, fully waxed every 2 months)
301k on the body (wont be able to tell by how good the paint looks)
M3 Rear Bumper. (still have the non-m bumper as well, mint)
M3 Mouldings
M3 Side Mirrors
Lip Spoiler
Dj Auto Eurospec head Lights with 55w DDM HIDs (4500k), MyCarr CCFL Angel eyes, angel eyes + HIDs trigger when car is unlocked.
Blacked out grills

Interior:

Premium Package
Tan non-m interior
Viper 5901 Security system
e46 Alcantara 5spd shift knob
Carputer (atom processor, 1 gig ram), Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, running windows xp with Centrafuse 3 for GUI. (PC is mounted where the stock amp was behind the truck wall carpets)
Rear 6x9 speaker conversion with Alpine Type S's
Infinity reference front kick panel speakers
Jbl mid's with built in tweeters (stock tweets have been disconnected because I don't need 4 tweeters)
Kenwood 320w amp mounted under rear deck lid

Powertrain and chasis:

M52B28 with 160k Kilometers swapped in (328 engine, as of now it has 180k on it) (new plugs, valve cover gasket, metal impeller water pump, metal housed thermostat) Engine runs amazing and pulls very nicely.
M3 Cams
M50 Manifold
MarkD 91 Octane tune (tuned for manifold AND Cams)
3.38 LSD (had 80k on it when installed, off of a 1999 auto M3) Royal Purple Fluid.
New front end suspension components installed a year ago (E30 m3 offest FCABs, Meyle HD control arms, inner + outer tie rods)
New RTABs
Stock 323 Clutch (checked when engine was swapped a year ago, plenty of life left)
New wheel bearings on all four corners.
BC Racing coilovers (ask around, these are an amazing set of coilovers for the price) (Camber + caster plates in the front and dampening control front and back)
M3 Exhaust conversion (gutted muffler, sounds very nice)
K&N drop in filter.
ASC Delete (can put it back in if needed)
M3 Front brakes with Brembo rotor and PBR Ceramic Pads) (Also have Euro rotors in my garage)
Rear brakes recently done with OEM Zimmerman rotors and PBR Ceramic pads.
New starter during engine swap.
Coolant, brake system, tranny flush recently.
Oil changes every 5k with Castrol Full synthetic 0-30 and OEM Filter. On time, everytime.
23% tints all around
Fog light delete
couple of vinyls (will be removed before delivery unless requested otherwise)

Currently sitting on 16x8 BBS RK's (yes 16s that clear M3 brakes) (with Pirelli snowsport 210s) No other wheels.

The good:

Car runs flawlessly
Almost Mint Interior condition (wear and tear on the seats, no rips at all though)
Paint is in excellent condition

The bad:

3 small dents around the car (not noticeable from a distance)
3rd gear has trouble engaging when just starting to drive in very cold temps, 2nd attempt to engage always does the trick, once the tranny warms up its perfect)
some idiot hit my car while it was parked so driver side of the nose panel has some damage)
minor paint damage on rear M3 Bumper (the way i bought it)

Pics:

Public Album (some pics don't include current mods like m3 mirrors etc) :

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&id=504708283

Will get more shots of interior and engine bay when it's done its next detail (in a week)

Price: Best offer (I've lost track on how much everything on this car costs me but my loss is your gain)

Shoot me some pm's or email: sherif_i88@hotmail.com

Feel free to ask any questions

| M54B30/6MT Swap | KW V2 Coilovers |3.46 Diff |
|Genuine 19x8.5/9.5 Style 172M Wheels|

Last edited by Fern3; 04-06-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Fern3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
Singe
BGDorcol

Impressive!!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
limenuke
2nd Gear Member

What kind of money are you looking for? Sounds like your transmission is dying, which is a several thousand dollar fix.
limenuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
Michel
6th Gear Member

^ lol its def. not several thousand dollars to fix... bump for a nice car and an honest seller!
Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 PM   #5
limenuke
2nd Gear Member

How is a transmission (not a clutch) not a couple grand including labour? You're lucky to find a transmission by itself for high hundred dollars, if I'm not mistaken. A used one, just random google scouting, will go for 800. If the car is auto, its 2k. That's alot of money and I think it's totally fair for me to bring this up so people who are not mechanically inclined, to be aware of potential issues.

If seller can prove that this is not a transmission issue, I withdraw all my comments. I myself am in the market for a BMW and I know that the last thing you'd ever want is to replace a transmission on one of these cars.

Last edited by limenuke; 05-09-2011 at 11:26 PM.
limenuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:36 AM   #6
Panerai
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by limenuke View Post
How is a transmission (not a clutch) not a couple grand including labour? You're lucky to find a transmission by itself for high hundred dollars, if I'm not mistaken. A used one, just random google scouting, will go for 800. If the car is auto, its 2k. That's alot of money and I think it's totally fair for me to bring this up so people who are not mechanically inclined, to be aware of potential issues.

If seller can prove that this is not a transmission issue, I withdraw all my comments. I myself am in the market for a BMW and I know that the last thing you'd ever want is to replace a transmission on one of these cars.
For Starters, I can find you a transmission by itself all day long for $500.
Its 4 hours labor, and pretty much a DIY job if you are mechanically inclined.

Further more. The OP doesnt need to prove that it is not a transmission problem, its listed as a concern, the potential buyer would have due diligence to either take it as is, or have it looked at prior to purchasing.

Lastly. You are NOT in the market for a BMW, you are a troll, now goto bed, your mom wakes you up @ 7am to get ready for school. You are gonna be weally weally tired.
1991 300ZX TT GT28RS
Panerai is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: