Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-31-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
Price for Tooth Implant

anyone know how much a tooth implant would cost? i have a space that i need to be filled in. not much bone as an impacted too was ripped out.
price ideas? i was told anywhere from $7,000 to $10,000 which is fukin crazy.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
depending what type of implant you get, the price can vary between $2000-3000, basically it cost $1000 for the implant into your jawbone, and another $1200-1500 for the crown, this is for 1 titanium implant, planning on getting 1 or 2 done this year.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Shuks
2nd Gear Member

I just returned from India and was given a quote of ~$600(after conversion). This includes implant and crown installation. The only catch is I'd have to be back within 4 months to complete the installation of the crown. So, a ticket to India ~900-1100 with week stayover in Istanbul + above = two fun trips. No?
Shuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
King Luis
The King.

hmm.. well from what i've heard from the dentist is that they needed to remove some of my jaw bone to remove the tooth.

how much do bridges cost? and are they removable? does food get stuck in them? etc?

Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Cheapest option:

+

+

????

=

Profit

Seriously though, you don't have any dental insurance?

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
dcramer
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis View Post
hmm.. well from what i've heard from the dentist is that they needed to remove some of my jaw bone to remove the tooth.

how much do bridges cost? and are they removable? does food get stuck in them? etc?
I have both, bridges are about the same price. I'd see another dentist, doesn't seem reasonable they would have to remove bone.

Bridges are not removable, food does not get stuck in them, but apparently they don't last forever. My bridge has been in for 35 years, all my dentists tell me I am lucky, usually only last 10-15 years due to the teeth underneath them getting cavities.
dcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:50 PM   #7
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis View Post

Hi King Luis.

My advise to you is this, do not go for a bridge. Not only that you throw your money away if it does not last, but they have to cut your healthy tooth. The best option is to get the implant. I think Quack came up with a fair price. One more thing,
the reasing why they gave you a higher quote could due to competition. I have been told that they charge more in the rural places. If you want, my dentist may send you to a reasonable place to get a quote.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:43 AM   #8
dcramer
5th Gear Member

Long term the implant is better. When I had my bridge done implants were not available. Spend the money once would be my recommendation.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #9
DANIMAL
TYRE ETR

+1 on implant. As an added bonus you remain identifiable after a catastrophic event that would otherwise leave authorities guessing who you are. Implants with serial numbers are also excellent first steps to faking your own death. Light the car on fire, throw your tooth in, badda bing badda boom, no more alimony/debt/problems.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #10
dcramer
5th Gear Member

You've thought way too much about this
Old 04-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #11
King Luis
The King.

axxe, i don't need a tooth taken out. it was already taken out, i need a tooth to fill it's place. hence the implant. dental insurance won't cover the implant.

i have a brace holding the spot open but i've been told that next time it breaks i'm going to have to pay for it. at that time i'm going going to tell them to rip it out.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #12
///Maluco
5erholic

approx. $3,000

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #13
fitter527
hates chrome

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuks View Post
I just returned from India and was given a quote of ~$600(after conversion). This includes implant and crown installation. The only catch is I'd have to be back within 4 months to complete the installation of the crown. So, a ticket to India ~900-1100 with week stayover in Istanbul + above = two fun trips. No?

$600
137792.jpg
gypsy indian doctor says to the patient "it looks fine,you'll grow into it.
fitter527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:38 AM   #14
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

I paid $2400 + tax - this was 3 years ago and the place I got it done relocated. Parkview dental or something it was called. On queen street in brampton near the dairy queen.

I was part of the Sick Kids cleft lip/pallet program as my jaw structure is ****ed up - so if I got it done before 21 by one of their licensed orthodontists they covered up to 75%. I didn't read the clauses and I didn't do it one of their licensed folk, so I ended up paying the full price.

I'm 25 now - it hasn't shifted or anything. Still on secure.
Jim .E. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:44 AM   #15
motion
Hell Spawn

k there seems to be alot of random info given out so lets put some of it in order.

bridge/crowning

1. they use two perfect fine teeth on both sides of the missing tooth and grind it down to a fang (if you wanna call it that) then they set the fake tooth in the middle along with two "CAPS" on top of the "FANGS" with glue.

2. there are two types, 1 is a form of plastic and 1 is a form of enamel. plastic last less then the enamel version.

3. price all depends on which tooth it is. ranging from 750 dollars up to 1800 PER TOOTH.

4. you might want to get a root canal done on both the "FANGS" prior to the bridging to avoid nerve pain from cavaties etc that may show up later on in the years. this will save you money and alot of pain in the long run.

5. ideally i would recommend it only if you have one or two teeth beside eachother missing. the more your trying to bridge the greater the distance between the "CAPS" making the bridge eventually sink.

6. food does not get stuck, maintenance is the same as everyday regular teeth and they match the bridge to the colour of your current teeth.

IMPLANTS

1. not everyone can get them. you have to have good bones if not only other way is through extrensive surgery and artificial bone placement.

2. costly. anywhere from 1300 per tooth up to 9000 a tooth.

3. its a multi stage process. you need to go in for a screw to be installed....wait a couple of weeks and then go back to get the implant screw in. then go back to get adjustments and finishing done a week weeks/months later to make sure its all perfect.

4. i would recommend this only if budget allows for it and if you have multiple teeth missing in the same region.

here are the problems with both procedures....

any tooth you put it will not be as strong as your real teeth. they all have a tendency to break, crumple and chip more easier then your average real teeth. now given the fact that this is not cheap in the first place to do you might want to make sure that you have the right plan set out for your future.

to be quite frank with you i recommend bridging your tooth for now....in the next 5-10 years implants will become way cheaper and new advancements in dental technology will bring different forms of teeth re-construction so play it smart and plan ahead.

if you got any more questions pm me and i can let you know more if i missed anything.
btw i also got a great dentist who is really cheap.
motion is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: