Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
DaKid
1st Gear Newbie

Next tune ?

Hi guys just want some opinions on what I should do next. Right now i'm running a JB + at 75% with a soloniod bypass, AFE Stage 2 cold air intake system, and a BMW performance exhaust... i wash thinking either FMIC or Catless downpipes maybe even a waste-gate or BOV system....???
DaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
DimSumE90
1st Gear Newbie

well forged dv is a must, fmic is good to keep overall temps down, and catless downpipes will give you more power.

If I was going to do it, I would do it in this order, downpipes, forged diverter valves then FMIC.

www.littlebimmer.com
DimSumE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKid View Post
Hi guys just want some opinions on what I should do next. Right now i'm running a JB + at 75% with a soloniod bypass, AFE Stage 2 cold air intake system, and a BMW performance exhaust... i wash thinking either FMIC or Catless downpipes maybe even a waste-gate or BOV system....???
You don't have a tune yet, the JB is not a "tune".
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
DaKid
1st Gear Newbie

Mark D you are correct it is a piggyback system not a tune... also have an update for the car added forge DV's, well worth the investment with the right springs im holding boost much better on the track and everyday driving...upped the JB to 100% with a solonoid bypass, best 1/4 run at cayuga was a 13.156 with ultra 94 octate and NOS booster, looking to get into the 12's soon... I was thinking either getting an oil cooler or FMIC... since heat soak is killin me..i live at 120 degree's...opinions or thoughts for any other mods will be greatly appreciated
Old 05-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Mark D you are correct it is a piggyback system not a tune... also have an update for the car added forge DV's, well worth the investment with the right springs im holding boost much better on the track and everyday driving...upped the JB to 100% with a solonoid bypass, best 1/4 run at cayuga was a 13.156 with ultra 94 octate and NOS booster, looking to get into the 12's soon... I was thinking either getting an oil cooler or FMIC... since heat soak is killin me..i live at 120 degree's...opinions or thoughts for any other mods will be greatly appreciated
Do you know Darin911 or 335isGuy? They are on e90post. You should ask them about what is running in their cars.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #6
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
How do you like the JB? I've been doing some research on the tuners out there and hear great things about these guys as well as the procede. Kinda on the fence for either one.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #7
DaKid
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks mark, im going to check out the forum... as for the JB Vs Procede, this debate has been going on since the age of time lol... personally I like the JB + bc its easy to install and uninstall when i need to go back to the shop, and it gives you another 15-20 WHP over the SSTT... i have two buddies one running the PROCEDE V5 the other JB3 at MAP 7... the JB takes the track allday everyday... but the procede is much smoother for everyday drving...this all realtive to what your looking for BMW1... Terry at burger motor sports is very helpful too and responds to emails almost immediatly so if your a noob with mods like me go for the JB
Old 05-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
Mike07335i
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Go for the JB4 upgrade and then a nice set of 3" DPs.

Mike
Mike07335i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #9
Mike07335i
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmw1 View Post
How do you like the JB? I've been doing some research on the tuners out there and hear great things about these guys as well as the procede. Kinda on the fence for either one.
JB4 would be my advice as you can get it locally from n54tuning.com

Mike
Old 05-23-2011, 01:35 AM   #10
darin911
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Thanks mark, im going to check out the forum... as for the JB Vs Procede, this debate has been going on since the age of time lol... personally I like the JB + bc its easy to install and uninstall when i need to go back to the shop, and it gives you another 15-20 WHP over the SSTT... i have two buddies one running the PROCEDE V5 the other JB3 at MAP 7... the JB takes the track allday everyday... but the procede is much smoother for everyday drving...this all realtive to what your looking for BMW1... Terry at burger motor sports is very helpful too and responds to emails almost immediatly so if your a noob with mods like me go for the JB

stay away from JB and Procede just get the MarkD tune its soo much Better. U never need to take the tune OUT. i hated the hassle of taking my V3 out every time i went for service.
darin911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #11
Mike07335i
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darin911 View Post
stay away from JB and Procede just get the MarkD tune its soo much Better. U never need to take the tune OUT. i hated the hassle of taking my V3 out every time i went for service.

Flashes are great but are you saying you should go into the dealer with a flash loaded? Its the same game with flashes as piggys. Remove before warranty work. With a piggyback at least you can set it to map zero when you go in for maintenance, like oil etc. Not all flashes have the ability to change maps and set back to stock.

Also with the JB4 map0 is stock, unlike other piggy's and flashes that utilize stock "like" mapping the JB4 is on true bypass with map0.

Mike
Old 05-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #12
DaKid
1st Gear Newbie

Thumbs up

I usually go to BMW alot bc im a big PITA when it comes to my car and it take less than 5 mins to uninstall my JB+ and solonoid bypass so if your looking for a quick PnP with some kick i would suggest the JB+ adjustable from 30-60whp
Old 06-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #13
DaKid
1st Gear Newbie

Fmic

Hey guys been shopping around awhile for a FMIC, having a tough time to decide which way to go. I had my mind set on the CP-E but looking around the AMS and SPEARCO have bigger cores. If anyone has installed a FMIC on the 335 please share your experience with me
Old 06-07-2011, 02:49 AM   #14
Dr. G
1st Gear Newbie

Do you want to gear your setup for the 1/4 mile... or the track or daily driving?

That will help in deciding what mods will give you the best benefit per dollar spent!
Dr. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #15
DaKid
1st Gear Newbie

*update*... so I upgraded to the JB4 PNP, got an AMS FMIC, and the AR HFC DP's are on there way with coolingmist METH KIT

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: