Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Z4fan
1st Gear Newbie

Question Door Handle Won't Open both Inside and Out on 2005 330Ci? Ideas??

Hey guys,

My passenger door handle just went and I can't open the door, neither from the inside or outside.

2 questions:

1) How do I open the door to fix the problem? Can I take the door panel off, or part way, while the door is still closed and manually 'click' the door mechanism to open?

2) Is this normally just a cable the broke? Or loose from it's connecting spot?

I appreciate any help that is offered!

Cheers
Tony
Z4fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:31 AM   #2
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

Hmmmm... you sure its just not frozen? We've had some interesting weather the past few days? Or do you store you car indoors?...

I assume the lock and unlock work fine?

One of those "window lock jimmy" things? I think you can call CAA to open the door.
***pray they don't damage the car!
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Z4fan
1st Gear Newbie

So question, when the door is locked and you pull from the interior it first pops up the little knob indicating the door is unlocked, then you can open the door. The "broken" passenger door still can push the little knob up, if the cable was broken would that link also break? If it's still connected, would this then mean the door is still locked and a GM5 issue?

From the outside it feels exactly the same as the drivers side door (which works) and from the inside it feels the same as well, it just seems locked.

Anyone know how much it would cost to diagnose at a dealer? I would rather not buy a new GM5 if it wasn't the culprit
Z4fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: