Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Interior & Audio
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
BMWCoupe
2nd Gear Member

E46 Plug & Play Navi Units

im posting this for a friend but hes putting in his last April order on Monday so i thought id get the word out to anyone who wants one. They look like Dynavin units except you dont have to pay brokerage, taxes, duty, all that stuff. He does the install too for a price of 50$.

Anyways i thought id let you guys know incase any of you are interested, i doubt hes going to place anymore orders after Monday as he just started for his friends but if any of you guys want one PM me your email i can forward it to him, if you have any questions about the units, so on, hed be the person to ask.

The units he sells are 700$ cash + 50$ instal (if you want) and hes only doing this till his Monday order. Dynavin you pay taxes, brokerage, duty, all that bad stuff.

I dont know if this is against the forum rules or anything like that and if it is i apologize in advance and i dont mean harm by it but i just thought id share this since Monday hes doing his last order and he let me know about it so i thought id relay that info incase anyone is interested.

Below is what the unit looks like, anyways pm me your email, ill forward it to him and you can discuss the specifics of the unit all that. This isnt a scam or anything like that, he will provide you with receipts and all paper work needed. Hes a good guy, anyways thought id just spread the word because its a pretty sweet deal and if you looked into a Dynavin for your E46 then you might be interested in something like this. Anyways any questions just PM your email ill forward it to him since hes better for that kind of stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg c-ViewAdLargeImage.jpeg (7.2 KB, 200 views)

Last edited by BMWCoupe; 04-18-2012 at 03:22 PM.
BMWCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
13blackknight
2nd Gear Member

Are these he ones from China? If it is there some issues, with the wifi option, it's been talked about on other forums. The unit is called enco b045.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
MadLow
1st Gear Newbie

this is the chinese unit you can purchase for about $500 or less....he charging way too much, and like the poster mentioned above it has issues
MadLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
BMWCoupe
2nd Gear Member

Really? I didn't know. I'll shoot him a text and ask him. He said to me they function similarly to the Dynavin. Let me ask I'll get all the details.

Madlow. How do you know for sure? I'm curious because I was going to order one. Anyways I texted him so I'll wait and see.

Last edited by BMWCoupe; 04-18-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
MadLow
1st Gear Newbie

you can tell by the picture you provided...it has a different button layout than dynavin units and it looks like the cheap chinese units

there is another forum which was discussing the issues with the cheaper units...but overall its worth the price
Old 04-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
BMWCoupe
2nd Gear Member

Where can I find that thread? Do you think I should order one if it is the Chinese unit or no? Do you have one?

Still waiting for his reply though
Old 04-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
MadLow
1st Gear Newbie

you can find info at e46fanatics forums, i dunno if i'm allowed to link to other forums here

yea i think its worth it for the price...you can either get the wince (cheaper version) or the android version

let your friend know to lower his price =P
Old 04-19-2012, 01:54 AM   #8
momax_powers
2nd Gear Member

here are others that are a lot less

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/7-HD-Car-DVD-...item43a8cb6164

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BMW-5-Series-...ht_9856wt_1080

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hot-7-inch-HD...item25686b8b9a
Old 04-19-2012, 01:56 AM   #9
BMWCoupe
2nd Gear Member

Just heard back. These are NOT the enco units. They are manufactured in China just like actual Dynavins are but these are not the Enco units
Old 04-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #10
MadLow
1st Gear Newbie

does he have any pictures of his units? or any information on who makes them
Old 04-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #11
BMWCoupe
2nd Gear Member

He does have pictures, he says their manufactured in China but so are the Dynavins. If you pm md your email I can forward it to him and he would be best to answer any questions rather than me going back and forth
Old 04-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #12
Vinoth
1st Gear Newbie

This dude hounds me via email every two months... Found him on kijiji when I was looking to buy nav for my car.... The problem is the interface ... Doesn't look that good ... That being said dynavin has its interface issues too ... I ended up going with the dynavin, did the install myself ( believe me I'm no expert ) and it was relatively easy ... Now like 8 months later that guy is still emailing me if I want to buy his unit after my numerous replies that have already purchased something
Vinoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #13
BMWCoupe
2nd Gear Member

Me? I'm not selling them. I know who your talking about but it's not the same guy. My friend and him I believe order from the same supplier but my friend refused to pay his prices because that guy wont budge so my friend just started ordering them himself and supplying them to people he knows.

How do you like the Dynavin? Worth the extra cash or no?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #14
Vinoth
1st Gear Newbie

No BMWCoupe I didnt mean you. To clarify I just meant the guy from Kijiji.

So I have seen this unit as well as owned my Dynavin for about 10 months... I really cant give a comprehensive review on the unit you posted as I have not owned it. My observations from my shortime looking at it, interface needs a major overhaul. Resolution seemed to be a bit off and load speeds were an issue.

Again im not a huge Dynavin fan either. I do like my Dynavin, but it definitely has its flaws. Interface is not as fast as I would like it to be, CD track selection menu looks dated, and the ipod interface looks horrible even though it works. What I do like about is the customized Nav software (Igo Primo) that I was able to load onto the Windows CE shell. Also the unit looks well built and OEM, which is something I always look for in my aftermarket head units.

The truth of the matter is, Pioneer/Alpine/Kenwood all make decks that are superior in many ways to the Dynavin and the other so called "knock offs". They offer modern menu design, app integration, great interface, and audio tuning capabilities. The one thing that irks me about them though is they dont look OEM.

The Dynavin is not worth what it costs, and neither is the unit posted above. But then again I did pay the 700+ for my unit. So I guess its about what pros and cons matter most to each person.

Last edited by Vinoth; 04-19-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Vinoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #15
BMWCoupe
2nd Gear Member

Great review. Thanks!

I'm torn. I like the OEM look, that's the biggest thing for me. Dynavin however I have to pay brokerage, tax, duty. All that stuff and get the relo kit from them. Did you use a relo kit or no? I don't know which route to go honestly. I'm in no rush I just want the best unit. The OEM thing is huge though, everything else just doesn't look as "nice" in my opinion. I have time to think about it but it's a lot of money.

I almost had a Dynavin but the deal seemed fishy. Anyways you think go Dynavin? How much did it end up costing you after all said and done (taxes,duty,etc). Going back would you go WinCE or Android?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: