Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-25-2011, 12:10 AM   #46
VSanj
6th Gear Member

^^dont know what you mean by that, but he can totally be born in canada which makes him canadian. I know many people named imran that are born here. Also driving with no insurance is a problem that doesnt have much to do with nationality.........more to do with the fact that insurance is not that affordable and some people take the chance instead of paying throught the nose...doesnt make it right but whatever!
Old 03-25-2011, 02:38 AM   #47
sirex
King Sirex

i wish u luk. you should be good in court then.

its the witnesses that count the most.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:25 AM   #48
nonlocal
Last of the Late-Brakers

I read this thread with alternating consternation and pleasure and then consternation again as I sympathized with Parm, was pleased and frankly proud of him for finding the guy, and frustrated again as he had trouble getting resolution despite playing Sherlock Holmes himself to good effect...

But what's up with the constant racist posts on Max? What does this have to do with 'being Canadian'? Ivan doesn't sound like the most traditionally Canadian name either... but then what does? This is a moral and legal issue, not another ****ing soapbox for your racist complaints. Check yourself.
nonlocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #49
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSanj View Post
^^dont know what you mean by that, but he can totally be born in canada which makes him canadian. I know many people named imran that are born here. Also driving with no insurance is a problem that doesnt have much to do with nationality.........more to do with the fact that insurance is not that affordable and some people take the chance instead of paying throught the nose...doesnt make it right but whatever!
Conservative estimates are over 25% of the vehicles in Ontario are uninsured.

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #50
VSanj
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonlocal View Post
I read this thread with alternating consternation and pleasure and then consternation again as I sympathized with Parm, was pleased and frankly proud of him for finding the guy, and frustrated again as he had trouble getting resolution despite playing Sherlock Holmes himself to good effect...

But what's up with the constant racist posts on Max? What does this have to do with 'being Canadian'? Ivan doesn't sound like the most traditionally Canadian name either... but then what does? This is a moral and legal issue, not another ****ing soapbox for your racist complaints. Check yourself.

thank you!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #51
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Yes, I agree This thread has nothing to do with race Just end the race thing it has no effect. Were all Canadian driving imported cars right?
parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #52
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Quote:
If you canít afford insurance, there is the BUS use it until you can. Driving without insurance in a serious offence, $5000.00 fine no questions asked. People who drive without insurance in reality don't give a shit about anything and crashing into something or someone is irrelevant to them. They just move on to the next. Itís too bad that people donít see what a beautiful country this is and canít seem to build them selfís in it, but choose to suck everything they can until innocent people are pulled into the mix. If you ever go to the Toronto CRC, the cops donít want to even talk to you just put it in writing they say, I donít remember civil servants being so un personable, they are like robots in there.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #53
VSanj
6th Gear Member

^^like i said man, im on your side..........driving without insurance is totally wrong.....just stating the fact that sadly many people do. hockeyfan27 is in the industry and he is estimating 25% of people drive without insurance.....thats a crazy sad fact
Old 03-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #54
fitter527
hates chrome

thats what a portion of your insurance bill is for,UNINSURED DRIVERS PREMIUM.
i remember seeing this a s part of the breakdown on my policy.so i called the insurance company to clarify what this meant,and sure enough the rep told me it was for people who drive without insurance.WTF.
maybe hockeyfan can provide more info on this.i think i might of posted this on here before but i cant remember.damn alzheimers.
fitter527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #55
e36_freak
Mostly absent

Send a message via ICQ to e36_freak Send a message via MSN to e36_freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm View Post
They should have tracked this car down and brought in for me to identify and we can all move on, but noooo they want to wait 2 or 3 days before they decide to look for this guy and tell me good luck in proving this guy hit me. My insurance advised me they take 7 to 10 day to track a plate and the cops can do it in an instant. All I need to know is if the owner of the car has insurance thatís all I need to know. I guess they are being booked to patrol the schools and intersections these days.
LoL 7-10 days for insurance company to track a plate
I don't know how your insurance company does plate searches but if its a canadian plate i usually get it back within 2-3 hours

[M]i[K]E[•][M]i[K]E[•]
e36_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:02 AM   #56
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonlocal View Post

There is nothing about race, it's about morals. I could not care about mud draggin' comments or if you found yourself in the description I described. You can put me on your ignore list, inform the admin and so on. It's like we live under the bridge and don't know what's happening here. I am sure Parm has bettter things to do besides worrying who is going to pay the damage.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #57
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

I steaked out this IMRAN ALI person last night found him called cops told them he's home, they advised call is out, this morn. still nothing. Its ok i am going to serve him a statment of claim bring his ass to court!

Ivan trust me i do have better things to do and i usually let things roll of my back but I had my two younger brothers in the car and this situation could be alot worse, To be honest, If this guy hit me and remained and honstly told it was a mistake and was sorry, I would have tryied to collect $500 or something shake his hand and moved. But the way tried to get away after hitting me without a care of the situation, i am going to sink this bitch! I know where he lives, I know his name, I know his car, PLATE BJWH 265
Old 03-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #58
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Wow the police really are useless. Just go through the courts, and once that happens it's easy for the cops to lay the criminal charges (is that what you're looking for now?).

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #59
lvan
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm View Post
I steaked out this IMRAN ALI person last night found him called cops told them he's home, they advised call is out, this morn. still nothing. Its ok i am going to serve him a statment of claim bring his ass to court!

Ivan trust me i do have better things to do and i usually let things roll of my back but I had my two younger brothers in the car and this situation could be alot worse, To be honest, If this guy hit me and remained and honstly told it was a mistake and was sorry, I would have tryied to collect $500 or something shake his hand and moved. But the way tried to get away after hitting me without a care of the situation, i am going to sink this bitch! I know where he lives, I know his name, I know his car, PLATE BJWH 265
Hmmm yeah as a good citizen's act, he should have pulled over and forked out the cash considering he is driving without insurance. Btw, what's the damage on the car? Did you get the estimate?
Old 03-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #60
lvan
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I don't want to ignore your comments since you were good to me, but here is my 0.02c on this. I mean this guy must be someone without any morals to put other lives in a dangerous situation and run away. I know it's tight for cash and on so, but I think this person should have forked out at least $500 bucks and sleep peacefully. I treat everyone the same here, and I don't think I wanted to offend anyone. I apologize if I sounded pushy or profiling.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: