Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #31
Oyster
4th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Oyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm View Post
I didn't confront him as the cops advised me not to, just called in his plate, I haven't heard back from the cops about catchin him yet, If I don't I will proly look for him again.
What if it was fake plates?
Detective will go to registered address if real plates
Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #32
joeyg
Lurker

Quote:
I have lost all respect for cops today, I hope Mayor FORD DUMPS HALF OF YOU! Toronto COPS!
Thanks
Parm
How are the cops at fault here? What didn't they do for you that should have?
2010 Lexus IS250 F-Sport StarFire Pearl(sold)
2008 BMW 135i Alpine White (sold)
joeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #33
sirex
King Sirex

hmm

but problem is, if you report the plates dont you need a witness?
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:37 AM   #34
Ryezee36
Something special

witnesses ? perhaps people who saw may have caught some LP numbers..
Ryezee36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #35
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

They still haven't found this guy, and to top it all off they advised me i will have to prove I was hit by this driver. As far as the insurance cares they have someone to go after, the owner of the car.
parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #36
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg View Post
How are the cops at fault here? What didn't they do for you that should have?
They should have tracked this car down and brought in for me to identify and we can all move on, but noooo they want to wait 2 or 3 days before they decide to look for this guy and tell me good luck in proving this guy hit me. My insurance advised me they take 7 to 10 day to track a plate and the cops can do it in an instant. All I need to know is if the owner of the car has insurance thatís all I need to know. I guess they are being booked to patrol the schools and intersections these days.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #37
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

IMRAN ALI thats the name of the guy that hit me, I will post his plates later, has no valid insurance.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #38
VSanj
6th Gear Member

no way............what a tard that guy is! you should just catch him and beat him down!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #39
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

I think I know the complex where he lives!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #40
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
IMRAN ALI thats the name of the guy that hit me, I will post his plates later, has no valid insurance.
You are going to be stuck paying a $300 deductible. You can sue him for it through small claims court. (or ask him for it, nicely).

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #41
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
They should have tracked this car down and brought in for me to identify and we can all move on, but noooo they want to wait 2 or 3 days before they decide to look for this guy and tell me good luck in proving this guy hit me. My insurance advised me they take 7 to 10 day to track a plate and the cops can do it in an instant. All I need to know is if the owner of the car has insurance that’s all I need to know. I guess they are being booked to patrol the schools and intersections these days.

Rather illogical.

The reason why the cops haven't moved fast, and the reason why they told you this is because there is nothing from stopping you from taking the plate numbers down from someone you dont like e.g. a neighbor, an enemy, and reporting them as the perpetrators.

You, as the soul witness, cant condemn someone else. As well, it would be wrong to do so and the justice system would be RATHER ****ed up if they took your single word.

Lastly, how do you know, without a shadow of a doubt, that the random person you saw on the street at a gas station was the man who hit your car?
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #42
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Rather illogical.

The reason why the cops haven't moved fast, and the reason why they told you this is because there is nothing from stopping you from taking the plate numbers down from someone you dont like e.g. a neighbor, an enemy, and reporting them as the perpetrators.

You, as the soul witness, cant condemn someone else. As well, it would be wrong to do so and the justice system would be RATHER ****ed up if they took your single word.

Lastly, how do you know, without a shadow of a doubt, that the random person you saw on the street at a gas station was the man who hit your car?
Ummm I'm guessing he saw the same car, damaged still.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #43
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post
Ummm I'm guessing he saw the same car, damaged still.
yes I saw the same car, and I have the hub cap from the accident which has a serial number registered to the car that hit me what more do you want for proof? there is two witness to indentify the car and driver aswell.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:55 PM   #44
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Rather illogical.

Listen man I understand bullshit I deal with bullshit everyday, thats my job, this should be a clean cut case I JUST NEED TO FIND HIM AND GET HIM CHARGED! i am going the small claims route as per my lawyer and Insurance advice.

p.s keep this thread hott pops up on google !
Old 03-25-2011, 12:01 AM   #45
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
This is just something that I don't understand. You can clearly see that this is not your typical Canadian dude. I mean the Canadians had given him an opportunity to come to find a better life, and now you see him driving/operating a car without the insurance. I am sure we all have done something stupid, but this is just not acceptable.

Parm,
whatever you do, wish you luck.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: