Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-20-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Watch out for Silver JETTA hit and run pro.

Hi fellow car PEEPS!
A week after I finished building my STI project, I was involved in a hit and run today in the Lawrence and Pharmacy area. The car that hit me was around yr. 2000 Silver JETTA damage to front driverís side and missing wheel cap front driverís side. I have it in my trunk! If someone helps get me the plate to this car I will pay them $500.00 cash. I have lost all respect for cops today, I hope Mayor FORD DUMPS HALF OF YOU! Toronto COPS!
Thanks
Parm
parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Sorry about your car. You couldn't catch a jetta in your STI? How bad was the hit?

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Thanks Man, the guy ran into the back of me spun me around, I watched him Jump a curb drive, down a side walk to get away after I spun out. Ohh I wanted to chase him badly but I was in a school zone and had my 2 younger brothers with me and this guy was not going to stop. To make a bad thing worse I left it to the cops, like they care my passengers and I didn’t get decapitated so the cops don't care. I should have told them he was shooting at me maybe they would take it more serious but who knows. I am worried the damm insurance is going to write off my car, thats worth to them 3500 but with all the work done to it worth 10k+ on the subi market. I updated Monday!
Old 03-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Do you have collision on your car? if not, you won't get a penny from the insurance At least that's what I've been told. Can't believe you didn't even catch a couple letters or numbers on the plate. If you get at least 3-4 of them, the cops could pay him a visit at home later in the afternoon. Not to mention pinch him with fines and maybe some jail time for the hit and run.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock

^^i'd be curious if one of our insurance workers could confirm this. I think hit and runs have some sort of special qualification, but i'm not sure what it is.

Parm, mabye better that you didn't chase him then. Its just a car bro, it'll get fixed. Just time & money, like everything else.

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Old 03-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Well I know that PL and PD just cover the basics like Theft & Fire and also when your in an accident. Collision adds extra coverage like hit and runs or if a tree lands on the car. That's my understanding and also why they put full coverage on Leases and the such.

I could ask my broker later this week as I need to change my insurance over anyways for the new car.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

I have full coverage, Only thing I am concerned about is the insuranse writing off the car, I could buy it back but then I will own a Branded car. Resale would be crap. This guy hit me and drove off, he was a pro, pro criminal he knows how to get away what ever it may be!

Here are some buld pics

Last edited by parm; 03-20-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
canuckder
4th Gear Member

How bad is the damage?

just replair it your self and dont take out a claim?
Old 03-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #9
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckder View Post
How bad is the damage?

just replair it your self and dont take out a claim?
Thats proly what im going to end up doing, I think I have accident forgiveness if yes then I will make a claim, the damage is rear bumper and rear quater pannel pushed in! Monday i will fill in details, this is the first Sunday I can wait for monday LOL !
Old 03-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #10
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

Consider yourself lucky...you could have been in the M5.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:18 PM   #11
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Do you have collision on your car? if not, you won't get a penny from the insurance At least that's what I've been told. Can't believe you didn't even catch a couple letters or numbers on the plate. If you get at least 3-4 of them, the cops could pay him a visit at home later in the afternoon. Not to mention pinch him with fines and maybe some jail time for the hit and run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
^^i'd be curious if one of our insurance workers could confirm this. I think hit and runs have some sort of special qualification, but i'm not sure what it is.

Parm, mabye better that you didn't chase him then. Its just a car bro, it'll get fixed. Just time & money, like everything else.
"Hit and run" damage is only covered if you have Collision (CL) or All Perils (AP) coverage. Your CL/AP deductible applies - usu. $500 or $1000.

Damage caused by an uninsured car is covered under your uninsured auto/motorist (UA/UM) coverage, subject to a $300 deductible, whether you have collision or not. The third party must be identified. (I think this may be the exception you are referring to, Prop'one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Well I know that PL and PD just cover the basics like Theft & Fire and also when your in an accident. Collision adds extra coverage like hit and runs or if a tree lands on the car. That's my understanding and also why they put full coverage on Leases and the such.

I could ask my broker later this week as I need to change my insurance over anyways for the new car.
Personal Liability/Bodily Injury (PL/BI) and Property damage (PD) are 2 of the 5 mandatory coverages required to licence a car in Ontario.
The 5 are
  • (BI/PL) Bodily Injury
  • (PD) Property Damage
  • (DCPD)Direct Compensation Property Damage
  • (AB) Accident benefits
  • (UA)Uninsured Automobile
None of the above offer any kind of fire or theft coverage.
You must purchase Comprehensive (CM) or Specified Perils (SP) for fire or theft. CM offers all the coverages of SP but also adds:
  • falling or flying objects (ex: tree falling on your car)
  • missiles (use a loose definition of the word here)
  • vandalism
I'll put together a post explaining physical damage coverages as recently there seems to be a lot of confusion as to what a basic policy offers. I'll post a link when I'm done. (Monday's can be nuts)

DCPD is the section of your policy that coverages the damage to your car when you are not at fault and the third party is identified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm View Post
Thats proly what im going to end up doing, I think I have accident forgiveness if yes then I will make a claim, the damage is rear bumper and rear quater pannel pushed in! Monday i will fill in details, this is the first Sunday I can wait for monday LOL !
This will not affect your accident forgiveness if you claim it. (As long as it is truly not your fault. I once had a guy who said he was rear ended and it came to light through some eye witness accounts that he was reversing at the time)

your first steps should be:
  1. report to police (done)
  2. review your policy, note CL deductible
  3. get estimate of repair cost @ 2 shops
  4. market value assessment of your car (aka. an auto trader/kijiji search)

If the market value is lower than the repair cost minus your deductible; Let your adjustor know that rather then writing your car off you would take the write off offer, less the anticipated salvage recovery & your deductible, as a settlement and repair the damage yourself. Some companies don't like doing this, but it has been done.

If the company is pressing for a write off, this is where you get your broker involved.

Good luck!

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #12
E36is
'OldSchool..'

what part of the city were you in when you got hit? alot of streets/businesses hav security cameras and maybe just maybe one of them captured it. but then again this happened awhile ago so what if any evidence that did get captured would of been re-recorded on.

re: pro

you keep saying it was done by a pro.. what do you mean by this?? It could of been a punk racing or speeding and hit you do to lack of experience and out of panic just fled.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #13
ProStreetDriver
The Real Transporter

Send a message via MSN to ProStreetDriver
That really sucks to hear man, I hope you catch them!

Do you have an other details on the car... Like rims, tint, did it have a badge on the passenger side of the trunk (TDI, 1.8T, 2.0)... Also post up on Vortex. That is like the biggest Volkswagen forum around, and there is a load of people from the Toronto area.
ProStreetDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #14
propr'one
op sucks cock

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan27 View Post
"Hit and run" damage is only covered if you have Collision (CL) or All Perils (AP) coverage. Your CL/AP deductible applies - usu. $500 or $1000.
Thanks for clarifying man.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #15
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Yea really, thanks for the post Hockeyfan27. I wasn't sure exactly what in-tells with the coverage that I have on my Intrepid vs. what I will have on the new Mazdaspeed3.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: