Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #31
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis View Post
containment zone as in if the rods melted, they'd drop down into a enclosed area so nothing would escape that area. forget where i saw the video but it's on youtube somewhere how they broke down how everything works and safety parts of the plant.
bro, i've got to remind you though 2 of them blew up, skyhigh. so the rods are all over? or not enclosed the way it was perfectly envisioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawcio View Post
the media is again blowing stuff out of proportion. Japan is about 10,000km from NA. I survived Chernobyl from 700km away.

on a side note....everything in california has a disclaimer about causing cancer anyway.
cool, but would you've survived 2,4 Chernobyl's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
I like how the media reports that Reactor #4 has no water left and then the officials in Japan say that's completely false. This stuff angers me. Why report false accusations and make the world panic about something that we get the from the sun on a daily basis anyways? I'm more worried about Gamma rays then Radiation. That stuff can't be stopped period where radiation can be contained.
but the claim is made that its the jap gov & the nuke power co thats Surpressing the Realities to keep people calm which does the opposite.

GE Nuclear Whistleblower Explains Design Flaws Of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant In Japan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMcafp9lqa0

Company That Owns Japanese Nuclear Plant Known To Lie About Nuclear Safety

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 03-16-2011 at 11:22 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #32
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post

cool, but would you've survived 2,4 Chernobyl's??
maybe not at 700km but at 10,000+km i'd take my chances.

regardless, the media over hypes many things. i'm sure they'll eventually get something right and ppl will be like...damn i wish i listened to the news, but no one cares the 100,000x before when they were wrong.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #33
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
bro, i've got to remind you though 2 of them blew up, skyhigh. so the rods are all over? or not enclosed the way it was perfectly envisioned.
actually, one explosion was outside the reactor only damaging the concrete on the outside and not damaging the inner metal reinforced shell (something chernobyl lacked).
the other explosion was similar to the first, the hydrogen explosion which blew the roof off. the shell (just found out that it's 15cm thick of stainless steel) was still intact.
and there was a third explosion earlier this week near a suppression pool which did not damage the reactor at all.

if there were fuel rods outside the containment area, then it'd basically be worst case as you have a high radiation item in open air.

one more little thing, when the media says radiation levels are 8 times the amount of normal, it could still be a very small amount of radiation that does nothing. they say when it rose at the main gate, the levels of radiation were 75mrem before they dropped back down. nuclear radiation commission says annual safe dosage is 100mrem.
here's a nice little article i found of does of radiation.
Watching TV gives you a dose of about 1 mrem a year.
Extremity (arm, leg, etc) Xray: 1 mrem
Dental Xray: 1 mrem
Chest Xray: 6 mrem
Nuclear Medicine (thyroid scan): 14 mrem
Neck/Skull Xray: 20 mrem
Pelvis/Huip Xray: 65 mrem
CAT Scan: 110 mrem
Upper GI Xray: 245 mrem
Barium Enema: 405 mrem
they say on average in 1 year, you'd intake around 350mrem. 400mrem if you go on a lot of flights.

just somethings to go through your head. so when they say 8 times, think if its 8 dental xrays or 8 cat scans. huge difference.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #34
King Luis
The King.

here's a vid of how it all is. very good info there.

Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #35
King Luis
The King.

and this is what they are telling kids.

i found it funny.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #36
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Okay so everyone seems to think everything is under control.

Here is my question...

If the containment vessels are intact and no rods are exposed, what is the point of dumping water over top the plant?

It's impossible for that to cool down the reactor core unless it's obviously been exposed...

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #37
damameke
6th Gear Member

I dont think it is under control, they are dumping water is to cool the reactor,else it will melt .at the same time, they are trying to get the cooling system going, this is key.
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #38
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
Here is my question...

If the containment vessels are intact and no rods are exposed, what is the point of dumping water over top the plant?

It's impossible for that to cool down the reactor core unless it's obviously been exposed...
heat is conductive

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #39
simplycars
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris de la Cruz View Post
Bruce Lee was chinese you ****ing asshole....
He was born in USA and raised in the British colony of Hong Kong - some much for him being Chinese :-)
Old 03-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #40
doogee
Stance is Gay.

A small amount of radiation from Fukishima has reached California already.

I love how everyone doesn't think this is a big deal.

Nothing bad could ever happen to us!

Old 03-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #41
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:

Source?

That doesn't mean anything without context. They can detect radiation from the sun, your microwave, your television, stars from distant galaxies, etc etc. the list goes on and on. Doesn't mean it's dangerous, or even of any significance. They detected radioactive particles in B.C from the Korean nuclear tests a while back, no one lost their shit about that. Coal power plants release 100 times more radioactive particles into the air and ground than nuclear plants, where's the fear of that?

As usual the media is fear mongering, and people are falling right into it. Sales of potassium iodide tablets is out of control on the west coast, even though those tablets are probably more dangerous than anything that would come from Japan.

I even heard reports of salt shortages because some false rumor circulated that claimed salt could counter the radioactive effects.

While the problem with the plant in Japan is serious and could cause some harm to those in Japan, it's hardly as bad as the media are making it out to be, and as they would want it to be.

As someone else mentioned, the sad part is that their fear mongering, and the people falling for it, and peoples lack of knowledge of nuclear power, may well set back nuclear power adoption around the world for decades, which is completely unjustified. Considering the plant in japan is something like 40 years old, and the fact it survived the 4th or 5th largest earthquake ever recorded, I'd say that's one hell of a testament to how well it was built. The tsunami is what killed it, and yes that should have been taken into account obviously when they built it, but most plants around the world aren't in tsunami areas, and newer plants would be built with significantly better and more robust safety systems.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:48 AM   #42
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
I dont think it is under control, they are dumping water is to cool the reactor,else it will melt .at the same time, they are trying to get the cooling system going, this is key.
I watched one expert say that he hoped they didn't dump water, as it could
knock the rods together possibly causing fission. i'll try to find that.

"In Chernobyl the government told people it's safe not to panic. They told 9/11 rescue workers ground zero air was safe to breathe no health risks. They told Gulf oil residents everything's OK nothing to worry about they are safe. Now they tell us no danger from radiation we're safe nothing to worry about. Hmm...I'm beginning to notice a pattern here"

Quote:

Michio kaku 'its far worse than CHERNOBYL'
Old 03-19-2011, 03:49 AM   #43
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
How can it be worse than chernobyl? How many people have died from radiation poisoning? Do you know anything about chernobyl at all?

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:50 AM   #44
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Yeah...this is no where near Chernobyl at the moment.

I'm sure it has the potential to become worse, but who knows.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #45
magnus
6th Gear Member

ruuuun for the mountains folks......lol!!!!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: