Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
Fred325i
1st Gear Newbie

Question DURAFLEX technology ?????

Do someone knows something about that new technology ?
http://www.bodykits.com/Extreme-Dime...105161/770115/
Fred325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
BMe30
all by chance...

nothing new about that technology.. its been around for about 10 years. Its flexible fiberglass bodykits.

cheaper than urethane, more durable than straight fiberglass... so ive heard.

Gone but not forgotten
BMe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
nonlocal
Last of the Late-Brakers

Heh, I love how the selling point on that site is a 75% reduction in *shipping* damages.

bodykits.com, where you have a 75% chance of receiving a kit that isn't b0rked before you even install it...

(Yes, I know this is a statistics interpretation fail. This sort of misinformation on the forums is what you get for trying to sell me something with that ugly babyshit orange e30.)
nonlocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
mr.crappy
mr.crappy

i tryed some of there products.....a bit more flexable than plane fibreglass. u need that flexablity to get the $hit to fit! terrible stuff. had to do massive mods to make one fit.
mr.crappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
Fred325i
1st Gear Newbie

Exclamation O.K but ....

The duraflex must be better than fiberglass !!!!
Fred325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #6
Ant_e30
1st Gear Newbie

from my experience the 'duraflex' type gear just ends up losing shape a bit easier out of the moulds and is also generally thinner. there may be some that are better but as far as i am aware its still based on a fibreglass it just has different additives. i bought some of it once and it didnt fit anywhere near as well as my standard fibreglass bits.

yes fibreglass is brittle, but good strong fibreglass can crack and easily be repaired and should fit okay. but this stuff tends to be iffy to begin with. Plus if you hit it hard enough and it flexes that much and doesnt crack itself, it will likely still crack or 'craze' the paint anyway
Ant_e30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #7
tuee
2nd Gear Member

I actually bought this kit from someone on kijiji, its no wonder why he never installed it. It was a huge mistake, nothing fits. The door pods are garbage and I don't know what they used to make the master mould. The side skirts are too short. Everything else doesn't line up well and have pretty big gaps. Unless your prepared to spend countless hours trying to make it fit, I don't think it's worth it. I've spent countless hours trying to make mine fit and its been a huge pain in the ass. I guess its really up to you.
tuee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: