Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > BMW Club of Canada
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #361
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Jon to answer your other questions Kevin resoldered the old unit but the display is faulty so I think it's pooched. Fixable but not worth it IMO. He's looking into a cost nonetheless so we could have a back up system.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #362
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Well it seems like no one can keep quiet these days. I told all who knew not to say anything until I was 100% certain it was a go and then I would say something.
You also told "all who knew" that you would post something yesterday.. which you didn't. Members are anxious to find out the status on the equipment, and since I knew your preliminary testing went ok last night (not perfect)... I thought a gentle nudge-hint was in order (24hr later) before you completely forgot to update us. Sorry if I stole your THUNDER John.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:02 PM   #363
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
So umm... to get an answer, is this Saturday a double header to make up for the lost event? Or will it just be 7 events, and thats it for the season?

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:08 PM   #364
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

No double header, we'll do something different for the 8th and final event which has yet to be determined!

Old 10-14-2011, 02:50 AM   #365
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Yes it's true we have purchased, received and tested the new timing gear. It's a Tractronix system and completely wireless. We will be running two cars on course at the same time now, which will let the event pace go more quickly.

Typically with a 30 car field the event would take 5 hours, we should be down to 2.5-3 hours now. There will be a separate start box, and stop box. We will be using 4 marshalls instead of 3 to help with safety and quicker correction of the course as well. If you have any questions please contact me at john_venditti@hotmail.com

Cheers,

See you out there on Saturday.
That will prevent us from running any layouts that have overlapping parts, which was pretty much every layout this year. It's definitely doable, it just might end up making the courses tighter and slower (i.e. we won't be able to rip across the length of the parking lot)
Old 10-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #366
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

There will still be some fast sections, but you are right though, there will be no doubling back. The lot is so large however that we can make it happen. The second car won't be released until the first car is way passed the half way point or at least on the other side of the lot. So, when the first car is making it's way from one side of the lot to the other that could be a straight section from end to end for example.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #367
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

really disappointed I am not able to Saturday off work to attend the event
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #368
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
There will still be some fast sections, but you are right though, there will be no doubling back. The lot is so large however that we can make it happen. The second car won't be released until the first car is way passed the half way point or at least on the other side of the lot. So, when the first car is making it's way from one side of the lot to the other that could be a straight section from end to end for example.
Are the rules going to change for missed gates? I know the lot is large but it's not that large. The difference between the fastest car and the slowest car can be up to 10-15 seconds for the best runs of the day depending on who is competing, if someone misses a couple gates that gap between the two cars will be closing fast not to mention the fact that if you miss a gate you have to go off course to loop around which might end up being in the path of the next car. Also with multiple cars on course there typically isn't a stop box, just a slow down zone because you don't want a car coming to a complete stop with the possibility that there's someone coming flying in a few seconds later.

I know this will be doable, I'm just trying to figure out where changes are going to have to be made.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #369
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

If anything just having a seperate start and stop box will really speed things up, staging the car and waiting for the car to pull out of the box takes forever

Last edited by richie_s999; 10-14-2011 at 11:49 AM.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #370
DIY
Permanently Dirty

Noooo! I can't make it to this one ... I got 5 midterms next week.
DIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #371
DItalianJob
M//ini POWER

Send a message via Skype™ to DItalianJob
I have been to many autoxs that allow layouts that have overlapping parts with this setup. Its all a matter of being creative. This timing system allows for much more flexible layouts... i dont see any negatives... just positives.

Embrace change...

I have missed most the season but i am going to try and make this last one.
Should be fun... Are you ready Randy for M///iniPower!

-daniel
DItalianJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #372
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DItalianJob View Post
Should be fun... Are you ready Randy for M///iniPower!

-daniel

BRING IT ON BRO! Got the R-comps on and ready! (although don't know how much grip this soggy 12C weather will net)

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #373
DItalianJob
M//ini POWER

Send a message via Skype™ to DItalianJob
oh... it is sooo ON!
my R's don't have enough tread left to drive them safely on the highway and i don't feel like changing them in the cold, wind, and rain...

so i'll be on my streets... but ill put up a good fight.

Between the rain, cold, wind, and no grip... its going to be like mud wrestling.
Rudy... you coming for a the last fling?
Say YES... you know you want to.

-daniel
DItalianJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #374
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

^^you two are in trouble with grip tomorrow......I won't have that same problem if you run your R's too Daniel!

Old 10-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #375
jabela
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Yes it's true we have purchased, received and tested the new timing gear. It's a Tractronix system and completely wireless. We will be running two cars on course at the same time now, which will let the event pace go more quickly.
Awesome. Looks like a nice system and not very pricey either.
I guess we'll need some new rules, where the 2nd driver may have to abort his run if the 1st guy spins out, is lost, too slow, or hits a bunch of cones. Maybe we should give the marshals flags so they have a way to tell the driver to abort. It would also be usefully in case someone wanders onto the course or the zamboni is in the way.

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.modernapothecary.ca

Last edited by jabela; 10-14-2011 at 10:01 PM.
jabela is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: