Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-25-2011, 01:55 AM   #1
chia
Keepin' It Fake.

Questions About Fighting Tickets

I plan on taking option 3 and challenging my charge for "disobey sign".

The $110 is bs and I can't afford an increase in my insurance.

The story.

I live in St. Catharines. A couple weeks ago I'm on my regular route to the Falls so I am heading towards the QEW. I usually take a left at an intersection where the on-ramp to the QEW is about .5km away. There is construction at the intersection (one lane is closed) and I realize there is no longer left turns allowed; there is a NEW "no left turn" sign and the street i need to turn left on to get to the QEW on-ramp is blocked off by pylons.

My first thought is that they are doing construction on that road also. I take a lap around the block to get on that road. Off to the falls i go.

About a week later, I'm off to the falls again. Same thing. Pylons blocks the road, so I take a lap... I notice looking up the road that it looks clear of any construction work. Off to the falls i go.

Earlier this week... I'm on my way to the falls, and the pylons are gone --- but the "no left turn" sign is still there. Cars in front of my are turning left, I see that it's safe and I follow suit.

My current thought process: While the road was under construction, they blocked it off and did not allow left turns. When the road was complete, they removed the pylons but neglected to take down the "no left turn" sign. I was still hesitant every time going through the sign, but it made no sense to me that the intersection had always allowed left turns, and now they do not. It is a major route to get on the high way.

Tonight... I'm taking the same route... hesitate when I see the "no left turn" sign still there, but notice the car behind me with his left blinker on as well... So I make the turn when it's safe. Next thing I know, there's a cop waving me down, and tells me to pull up front of the TEN cars... pulling over the 5 cars behind me.

Makes me wait 30 minutes, and slaps me with the ticket... on my mother ****in' birthday.

-------------------------------------

Hope i'm not too confusing.

If I fight it and lose, is the worst they can do to just give me the original fine?

Thoughts? Am I justified, or just on life tilt?
Old 02-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

If the no left turn sign is white instead of yellow then you're on the hook as you must obey the sign. It may be a newly no left turn designated path.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
Bogdon
1st Gear Newbie

If there was a sign posted and you did not obey the sign you are guilty and you admit that above. Please do not waste my tax money by taking this to court.
Bogdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdon View Post
please do not waste my tax money by taking this to court.
LOL, nice

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
ipop07
Spacers guy

worst thing that can happen is you are found guilty and you still have to pay the ticket.

Best thing is a reduction in fine since I assume there were no points given for that. They wont cancel the ticket.
What will most likely happen is let you know that sign is permanent and they will give you a small reduction.
ipop07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:44 PM   #6
tg07lq
4th Gear Member

where was this ? im from st kits as well and am curious
Old 02-28-2011, 06:44 AM   #7
chia
Keepin' It Fake.

niagara st and dunkirk. on the bridge over the QEW.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
tg07lq
4th Gear Member

ah yeah, theres all kinds of ****ed-up-ed-ness going on there.

on another note, bogdan did you ever work at a&w?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: