Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Starsky
2nd Gear Member

1989 BMW 325ix FS

My loss is your gain, my 1989 325ix is for sale. I have recently started commuting over an hour to work each way and I need a car that is more fuel efficient for the drive. It is too bad because the BMW is so comfortable and nice to drive. I bought this 325ix back in the fall of 2008 and have spent quite a lot of time cleaning it up and making it pretty. When I got it, it had a worn out grey cloth interior and an ugly black rubber spoiler on the trunk. I pulled the cloth interior and installed a very nice leather interior with sport seats in the front and an armrest with ski pass through and rear headrests in the back. I did the Leatherique process to dye the leather a nice dark saddle brown after replacing a few cracked leather panels. The colour was mixed based on BMW's current dark brown interior colour and it turned out awesome. I also installed an M-tech steering wheel. There is a removable face stereo with CD, aux-in and iPod cable.

On the outside, the car has been repainted twice. It came from the factory as a white car. Sometime early on someone decided to do a colour change and the car became red. I repainted it white in the fall of 2009. There is some minor chipping on the front and a few spots of orange peel, other wise it is pretty good. This car has minimal rust, there is some in the passenger side front fender, door bottoms and the rear by the license plate lights. I have installed the is front lip spoiler and trunk lid spoiler. It also has a Hartge rear apron. This car looks really nice!!

This fall I replaced the front shocks (rears were done in 09), timing belt, water pump and way more (see the list below for all the details). This car has had oil changes every 5000km since I have owned it. Everything works, power windows, mirrors, PS, sunroof, all dash lights.

Here is a summary of the work that has been done to the car off the top of my head. I have probably missed some things...

Fall 2008
-Leather interior redyed in saddle brown, all cracked leather replaced. Front seats are leather sport seats and rear seats have the armrest with ski pass through and headrests (rare).
-M-tech I steering wheel installed (mint)
-is package front and rear spoilers installed
-all fluids replaced (brake, coolant, both diffs, transmission, transfer case)

Fall 2009
-replaced rear shocks with Bilstein HD
-driveline fluid levels checked, no leaks, all levels good.

October 2010
-front shocks replaces with Bilstein HD
-front and rear calipers replaced with rebuilt units from MidWest Caliper
-new brake pads all around (PBR Ulitmates)
-front drive shaft universal boots (all 4) replaced
-timing belt replaced
-new timing belt tensioner installed
-water pump replaced
-coolant hoses changed
-thermostat replaced
-valve cover gasket changed
-distributer o-ring seal replaced
-new starter installed
-all fluids drained and replaced (brake, coolant, both diffs (redline), transmission (redline), transfer case(redline), PS)

January 2011
-distributer cap and rotor replaced
-viscous clutch for cooling fan replaced
-Hartge rear apron installed

2 sets of wheels
-Gislaved Nordfrost tires (185/70-14) on steel wheels, good tread
-Basket weave style wheels painted gun metal with all season tires, still ok tread.

There is just one thing wrong with the car. The brake line to the left rear wheel has a leak. I have done a temp fix, but it needs some attention. This is why I am selling the car now. My price is $3000 firm. If it doesn't sell because of the brake line, I will fix it in the spring and sell then. But price will reflect the repair. Get it now, do the repair yourself and save some money.

If you are interested, call Jamie at 647-229-7259 or PM me and I will call you back.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
Starsky
2nd Gear Member

Forgot to mention that it has 285,000 km on it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: