Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-06-2011, 04:07 AM   #46
Hawaii
2nd Gear Member

Keep in mind guys, this is an Ultimate Blogger contest, not just a BMW enthusiast search.

I think the biggest thing being over looked in this contest is the number 1 thing their looking for, someone with a social media network. I really do have the biggest one of any competitor, and more importantly, my network is Toronto based.

While it may be the natural think, since this is a BMW contest that the video and contestants be big gear head fanboys, however, that is not the sole facet of the job.

Please keep up your votes for me and anyone you feel is the best candidate for the job. As a Toronto Maxbimmer member, I really hope for your support.

Thanks everyone that has shown interest in this contest!!
'93 Honda Del Sol SOLD
'94 JDM Integra GSR SOLD
'01 330i SOLD
'01 M3 Cabriolet
Hawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #47
BigD
the misanthropist

Your video is awesome man, great job! I'd be happy to keep voting for you.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #48
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

From what I remember they want someone who they can send to events, test days, and come back and write about the cars.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:58 PM   #49
Hawaii
2nd Gear Member

Richie you are very correct. But who would be best at getting their message out to Endras BMW's target audience (Toronto area residents)? Well that would be someone that has the best network in that area. One of the first things they mention is Twitter and Facebook. The truth is many other contestants could work for a year and not build the network of friends and colleagues I already have across Toronto.

This is why I believe I'm the best person for the job. Being a better writer or car enthusiast doesn't help if you can't get the message out. And although the winner would be using Endras' existing network, their presence on Twitter and Facebook is relatively new and they'll need help building this community, which is my expertise.

For more info you can visit me at:
twitter.com/shawnhawaii
wiseguyshawnhawaii.blogspot.com

Thanks everyone for your support!!
'93 Honda Del Sol SOLD
'94 JDM Integra GSR SOLD
'01 330i SOLD
'01 M3 Cabriolet
Old 04-07-2011, 12:04 AM   #50
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Hawaii, You say it like you're the only one with network experience. Although I realize I did not make the top 20, I hope you realize many of the top 20 cheated by having rotating IP addresses and voting every few moments. That is not what social networking is about. If I just voted for myself every minute and gave myself 400 votes a day I'd be in the top 20 as well. I am NOT saying this is what you did, however many in the top did. I didn't for two reasons, one, they said in the rules anyone caught tampering with the results would be disqualified, and two, I wanted to do it on my own merrit with my social network. As it turns out, Endras did not care to check who was "cheating" because if they did, a third or more of the top 20 would have been disqualified hence moving the appropriate contenders up into the top 20. I know this because at least two of the top 20 actually have Youtube videos teaching you how to use rotating IP addresses to make this work for the competition. I can't even begin to tell you all how disappointed I am in the quality of the videos from the top 20, some are interesting but most are typical, and some just don't make any sense at all.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #51
NL328i
1st Gear Newbie

I agree,

It was so frustrating to see these suspicious jumps in votes down the stretch. In the last two days there were a number of people who were jumping by 600-700 votes over a 10 minute span a few times a day.

dble, I'm sorry you didn't make the top 20.
NL328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #52
Hawaii
2nd Gear Member

I agree with you guys, there was very suspicious voter activity in the last few days of contest.

I certainly have never tampered with any of this kind of stuff and have from my first day only been leveraging my own personal networks.

But this wasn't what I was speaking of and I apologize if there was any confusion about my meaning, as I definitely am not speaking of in person networks, car communities or the voting portion of this contest.

I was speaking, strictly, of social media, the blogosphere and those key online areas that are the main components of the Ultimate Blogger job. In these areas, I think I have most influence out of anyone in the Top 20, with regards to Toronto locally.

My opinion still stands. I work very hard to stay plugged into the Toronto Tech community, and believe me, I've checked out every other competitor in the contest, before the Top 20 was decided, and I by far had the biggest online networks, with regards to Twitter and Facebook, two mediums that they name as part of the job.

For more reading on why I think I am the man for the job you can read my blog at: wiseguyshawnhawaii.blogspot.com

Thank you all for your votes to date, I am fighting to stay in the Top 10 and if I can get an interview, I really do think I am a strong candidate for the job.

Much love,
'93 Honda Del Sol SOLD
'94 JDM Integra GSR SOLD
'01 330i SOLD
'01 M3 Cabriolet
Old 04-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #53
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
Keep in mind guys, this is an Ultimate Blogger contest, not just a BMW enthusiast search.

I think the biggest thing being over looked in this contest is the number 1 thing their looking for, someone with a social media network. I really do have the biggest one of any competitor, and more importantly, my network is Toronto based.

While it may be the natural think, since this is a BMW contest that the video and contestants be big gear head fanboys, however, that is not the sole facet of the job.

Please keep up your votes for me and anyone you feel is the best candidate for the job. As a Toronto Maxbimmer member, I really hope for your support.

Thanks everyone that has shown interest in this contest!!
How do you have the biggest network available? That would be me.

They also are looking for a BMW performance blogger, last I checked I'm the only one who actually has a successful BMW performance based blog: www.bimmerboost.com

Good luck man, just setting a few things straight.
Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #54
DANIMAL
TYRE ETR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
How do you have the biggest network available? That would be me.

They also are looking for a BMW performance blogger, last I checked I'm the only one who actually has a successful BMW performance based blog: www.bimmerboost.com

Good luck man, just setting a few things straight.
I believe he specifically mentioned Toronto. Who in Cali is going to fly up to Toronto to buy an M3? Sure MAYBE you can get them more facetime with others and spread the brand a bit but in the end it all comes down to sales. Endras is unlikely to employ a position that simply spreads the name and results in no real sales. You would have to garner both if you want to stay successful in this position.

Furthermore what could you possibly do now to increase the exposure of Endras? Your entire network have now seen the site, the contest, and are now familiar with the brand. In fact I would argue that Endras has used all the contestants to increase its own network regardless of who wins. So they already have your networks, what are the chances you can entice locals to buy BMW from Endras? It would be a sure bet they are less than that of a local, with a local network.

In the end multiple people get interviewed so its Endras who picks who is at the top. If you don't get this job your setting yourself up for a big letdown and leaving yourself open to ridicule on the forums; particularly because you are jostling yourself as the 'best' and putting others, and their networks, down. You should learn to be more humble, its an attribute that is too absent from peoples personalities these days. You might think your the best but responses like that make you seem like a whiny pissy little kid.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #55
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

^^^ Winning...

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #56
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIMAL View Post
I believe he specifically mentioned Toronto. Who in Cali is going to fly up to Toronto to buy an M3? Sure MAYBE you can get them more facetime with others and spread the brand a bit but in the end it all comes down to sales. Endras is unlikely to employ a position that simply spreads the name and results in no real sales. You would have to garner both if you want to stay successful in this position.

Furthermore what could you possibly do now to increase the exposure of Endras? Your entire network have now seen the site, the contest, and are now familiar with the brand. In fact I would argue that Endras has used all the contestants to increase its own network regardless of who wins. So they already have your networks, what are the chances you can entice locals to buy BMW from Endras? It would be a sure bet they are less than that of a local, with a local network.

In the end multiple people get interviewed so its Endras who picks who is at the top. If you don't get this job your setting yourself up for a big letdown and leaving yourself open to ridicule on the forums; particularly because you are jostling yourself as the 'best' and putting others, and their networks, down. You should learn to be more humble, its an attribute that is too absent from peoples personalities these days. You might think your the best but responses like that make you seem like a whiny pissy little kid.
The job isn't a sales position. It is blogging for the Endras blog. Your job is to be a writer for Endras who is familiar with BMW performance and the brand itself. Considering I am the only person who already does BMW performance blogging, kind of a no brainer right?

I don't know why you even talk about flying from California to Toronto to buy an M3. It is completely irrelevant, the point makes no sense. At no point are sales mentioned, are you sure you understand what this contest is about?

Endras picks the person, correct. Don't really see how I am setting myself up for a letdown as I don't even need the job. I'm enjoying the additional exposure for my network. I am the best qualified person for the job, if you don't think so don't vote, that is the beauty of it. Confidence and arrogance are two different things. I didn't put his "network" down I asked him to support his statement.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #57
damameke
6th Gear Member

"Endras picks the person, correct. Don't really see how I am setting myself up for a letdown as I don't even need the job. I'm enjoying the additional exposure for my network. I am the best qualified person for the job, if you don't think so don't vote, that is the beauty of it. Confidence and arrogance are two different things."

Hmmm.. you are contradicting yourself...in one hand..you said you dont need the job ,,just want exposure to your network on the other hand.. you said you are the most qualified person for the job and asking us to vote if we think that you are most qualified person..

also the ONLY person who already does BMW erformance blogging.. selling yourself to no extreme.. and yet you said you dont need this job !!!!! so I ask: "you really dont Need this job????. so I know whether I am wasting my vote on you....
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:22 PM   #58
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
"Endras picks the person, correct. Don't really see how I am setting myself up for a letdown as I don't even need the job. I'm enjoying the additional exposure for my network. I am the best qualified person for the job, if you don't think so don't vote, that is the beauty of it. Confidence and arrogance are two different things."

Hmmm.. you are contradicting yourself...in one hand..you said you dont need the job ,,just want exposure to your network on the other hand.. you said you are the most qualified person for the job and asking us to vote if we think that you are most qualified person..
What contradiction? How is exposure and getting a job a contradiction? They are two different things. Primarily I am enjoying the exposure. I don't need another blogging job, it isn't life or death. Bud, I have a new M3 that is supercharged and currently getting the motor and DCT transmission built. Do I really need the money/job? It is a competition for the ultimate BMW performance blogger which I believe I am. Only natural to enter, right?

Quote:
also the ONLY person who already does BMW erformance blogging.. selling yourself to no extreme.. and yet you said you dont need this job !!!!! so I ask: "you really dont Need this job????. so I know whether I am wasting my vote on you....
It's a fact, that is why I believe I am the most qualified. I was asked to support the statement and I did. You are free to vote for whomever you want.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #59
DANIMAL
TYRE ETR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
The job isn't a sales position. It is blogging for the Endras blog. Your job is to be a writer for Endras who is familiar with BMW performance and the brand itself. Considering I am the only person who already does BMW performance blogging, kind of a no brainer right?

I don't know why you even talk about flying from California to Toronto to buy an M3. It is completely irrelevant, the point makes no sense. At no point are sales mentioned, are you sure you understand what this contest is about?

Endras picks the person, correct. Don't really see how I am setting myself up for a letdown as I don't even need the job. I'm enjoying the additional exposure for my network. I am the best qualified person for the job, if you don't think so don't vote, that is the beauty of it. Confidence and arrogance are two different things. I didn't put his "network" down I asked him to support his statement.
Well it may not be specifically stated, this is a marketing/sales position, I don't understand how that remains unapparent. I read the posting, but it seems you missed what is between the lines. At the end of the day its a very simple rationale; if the sales don't increase as a result of the blog activities Endras will likely discontinue the position. No company would simply pay someone to blog about the brand without any type of return. Most traditional blogs make money from ad revenue; I doubt Endras is looking to move to such a business model.

Having a blog about BMW performance does not exactly confirm that you know about the brand and BMW performance. I could go start a blog about anything I want, that does not make me a subject matter expert. Nor does the absence of such a blog reflect a lack of knowledge. I know people in the BMW community that have been heavily into the brand and BMW performance prior to my birth. They don't have blogs, does that mean they know less about BMW performance than you do? I would very much doubt it. It may mean that they have less experience actually blogging, but that is all.

Over-confidence is the same as arrogance my friend, and the vocabulary you use seems to affirm this assessment. "I am the best qualified person for the job..." is a perfect example. There are ways you could soften your tone and opinions to still seem confident without it being overtly apparent.

You did put down his network, saying yours is the "biggest". Followed by "Good luck man, just setting a few things straight." shows your not looking for him to support his statement. Your trying to state your opinion as fact, and that is arrogance.

If you lose after you have been parading around the net touting your 'I'm simply the best' mandate you will look foolish as, obviously, Endras would have failed to agree with your self-evaluation. You may not need the work, but no one takes rejection without any disappointment. In the end it always sucks to lose, but its worse if you have been telling everyone you should win.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #60
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
I highly doubt you will be blogging about performance BMWs as you are now.

Also have you considered what Endras thoughts are on you continuing to run your own blog while employed for them?

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: