Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-30-2011, 03:56 AM   #31
Hawaii
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Hey that is not fair to say you are the only one that has a chance to make it to the second round.

Anything can happen in the 11th hour, you could drop to 500th place and the rest of us could be in the top 20!

I am not going to give up because of you!

We all have a chance, so I suggest to the members to vote for everyone, including you.

http://endrasbmw.com/ultimateblogger/farbmw
I did not say I am the only one that has a chance to win the contest. I said that I think I have the best chance to win the contest, of Max members, and based on my position being the highest ranked of current members, I think that assessment is accurate.

I definitely encourage everyone to vote for all members. I want a true BMW enthusiast to win this job, just like most people on these forums.

I really don't want to be perceived like I am selfishly asking for favouritism, because from Day 1 I've been very supportive of other competitors and having been voting regularly for our members here.

In future please exercise more discretion when attributing statements to me, there's a big difference between thinking I have the best shot and thinking I have the only shot.

Thank you.
'93 Honda Del Sol SOLD
'94 JDM Integra GSR SOLD
'01 330i SOLD
'01 M3 Cabriolet
Hawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:35 AM   #32
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

You can make it to the next round without making the top 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
I did not say I am the only one that has a chance to win the contest. I said that I think I have the best chance to win the contest, of Max members, and based on my position being the highest ranked of current members, I think that assessment is accurate.

I definitely encourage everyone to vote for all members. I want a true BMW enthusiast to win this job, just like most people on these forums.

I really don't want to be perceived like I am selfishly asking for favouritism, because from Day 1 I've been very supportive of other competitors and having been voting regularly for our members here.

In future please exercise more discretion when attributing statements to me, there's a big difference between thinking I have the best shot and thinking I have the only shot.

Thank you.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:27 AM   #33
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Although I'm currently 28th, the rules specifically state, and Mark Endras said anyone caught altering the results will be disqualified hence moving others up. Like those using rotating IP addresses to move forward etc. That includes most of the top 20, NOT everyone, but many. I've not done this, and asked everyone voting for me not to do this as there's no point. This contest is to see who can get the most attention by many different people voting, not cheating. I'd love nothing more than to get a chance at this position, but i will not cheat to get there! Also in the rules and regs, Endras reserves the right to select someone from outside the top 20 that they seem fit for the position, so it's really open to anyone, and don't think they're not reading what everyone is posting in blogs, on twitter, fb, and forums. Keep it clean and non confrontational.

www.voteforjohn.ca

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 428i Maranello BMW company car
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #34
Hawaii
2nd Gear Member

I hope that "keep it clean" comment wasn't directed at me. I really am supportive of everyone's bids and I did not know that they had the right to select people outside of the Top 20, that's great news for me.

I do stand by my opinion that I am the best candidate for this job, and I'm sure others feel the same way, we're entitled to that.

All I wanted to do is clarify a position that I did not take (thinking I had the only shot at this job).

Good luck everyone.
'93 Honda Del Sol SOLD
'94 JDM Integra GSR SOLD
'01 330i SOLD
'01 M3 Cabriolet
Old 03-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #35
farbmw
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Although I'm currently 28th, the rules specifically state, and Mark Endras said anyone caught altering the results will be disqualified hence moving others up. Like those using rotating IP addresses to move forward etc. That includes most of the top 20, NOT everyone, but many. I've not done this, and asked everyone voting for me not to do this as there's no point. This contest is to see who can get the most attention by many different people voting, not cheating. I'd love nothing more than to get a chance at this position, but i will not cheat to get there! Also in the rules and regs, Endras reserves the right to select someone from outside the top 20 that they seem fit for the position, so it's really open to anyone, and don't think they're not reading what everyone is posting in blogs, on twitter, fb, and forums. Keep it clean and non confrontational.

www.voteforjohn.ca
When you mean "rotating IP addresses" does that mean that lets say my Mother in law in Vietnam votes and shut down her PC and in a few minutes re-starts it and goes to the blog website and relies that she can vote again, is that "rotating IP addresses"?

http://endrasbmw.com/ultimateblogger/farbmw
Old 04-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #36
farbmw
3rd Gear Member

Thanks foe the votes everyone!!
Old 04-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #37
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

I never got to check the closing standings. Is anyone here making a video?
Old 04-02-2011, 02:44 AM   #38
Hawaii
2nd Gear Member

Hey all,

I'm in the Top 20 and am making my video tomorrow!

I hope to do MaxBimmer proud and bring this contest home to the forum!

With your help I know we can do this!!

Thank you for any support you can give me to be the Endras BMW Ultimate Blogger!
'93 Honda Del Sol SOLD
'94 JDM Integra GSR SOLD
'01 330i SOLD
'01 M3 Cabriolet
Old 04-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #39
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Unfortunately I'm not one of the ones moving on, thank-you everyone for your support, I really appreciate those who stood behind me! Thank-you!

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 428i Maranello BMW company car
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #40
2nd Gear Member

I made it to Phase II, appreciate all the support guys: http://endrasbmw.com/ultimateblogger/Sticky
Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #41
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Unfortunately I'm not one of the ones moving on, thank-you everyone for your support, I really appreciate those who stood behind me! Thank-you!
You put up a good fight.
Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #42
NL328i
1st Gear Newbie

I also made the top 20:

http://endrasbmw.com/ultimateblogger/Woody328
NL328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #43
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Just watched all the video's, and voted once for each video that was worth watching, which sadly means, I did not make may votes. Was hoping for alot more out of the video's.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #44
Bliss
Administrator

Congrats to those that made it! Keep it up!

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #45
Chris_Bangle
2nd Gear Member

It is a shame that neither Randy or John made it through to the next stage. I took a look at some of those videos. Some of them look like they applied to the wrong competition, others simply show that they don't know how to make a video. Guess this is what happens when you run a competition based on who has the most friends clicking for them.

To me this guy should probably get it: http://endrasbmw.com/ultimateblogger/Ebnerd
Chris_Bangle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: