Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > BMW Club of Canada
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #61
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Yes, on Rs to get a good speed thru 5... I'd guess the car has 150-160whp, car weighs a tick over 2700, depends on how much gas, passenger, if I left the spare in or not, etc... I normally hit 185-190... like I said, lucky to hit 200. Would need a good draft, and even bigger balls to brake super late haha.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #62
Chris_Bangle
2nd Gear Member

Flat through 4?
Chris_Bangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #63
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Haha, almost I lift ever so slightly before the bridge... I know the car can do it flat out, but I don't know if I want to

Old 04-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #64
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Mosport GP track is really easy on brakes and tires for that matter. It is a high speed track with only one heavy braking area, and that is approaching turn 5, the faster part of the track for many cars, contrary to what many think about the 1 mile long back straight. Turn 8 is another braking zone since you are coming off of the back straight doing 180ish depending on the car, but turn 8 is a high speed 150km/h turn so the braking zone is really short, it's more to set the car into the turn.

In my stock M20 e30 I usually hit 180-185km/h up the back straight, again if I get a good drive out of 5 and I'm usually on R comps. But as Rudy said, if I get a tow up the back straight I've seen as much as 195km/h show up on the speedo, (keep in mind there is some error there) but it's a good gauge as when I say I hit 180-185 thats with the same speedo. So with a good tow, that's a 10km/h gain up the back. For those who haven't been there it is a 1 mile straight but all up hill so you don't go as fast as you think you're going to go as you're fighting gravity and wind......

I go flat through 4 and hit 185 braking into 5, fastest part of the track for those with less power but better handling cars.

Just a note, Vipers, Ferrari 430's, Corvettes, Porsche 911's, GTR's, all hit around 240km/h up the back straight, and race car versions of said cars usually less as they have aero gear acting as sails slowing them down, yet they will go through the turns MUCH faster so lap for lap they are quicker. American Lemans cars are said to hit 270km/h ish up the back straight I believe, but I think they may hit a little more than that, more like 280-290ish. If anyone knows for sure please pipe in here.............Rudy???

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #65
Gleb
E30 ..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Haha, almost I lift ever so slightly before the bridge... I know the car can do it flat out, but I don't know if I want to
Poo See

Real menz do it flat out... in the rain... at night... on the autobahn

With a 4:10 diff (and even a very tired motor) you will run out of revs in 4th gear, approaching 2, top of 4 (ask Rudy how I know) and if you get a good draft and have bigger balls than Rudy and depending how late you brake into 8, you will top out just before you brake for 8.

With a stock 3:73 you're not topping out.
Gleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #66
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Attention all Maxbimmer Members!!!

For those who are thinking of or would like to see what exactly a Trillium BMW Club Advanced driving school is really about, here is your opportunity.

On Saturday April 30th, and Sunday May 1st everyone is invited to see what the school offers first hand, with a guided tour of the event. You will get the chance to sit in on an in class session, try the skid pad exercise, and one of our instructors will take you out for a couple laps around the legendary Mosport Grand Prix track.

This is an amazing chance to get an idea of what the school’s experience is all about, and its totally free, not to mention a great way for any car guy or girl to spend a day!

If you would like to come out and see what all the hype is about, please contact me so I know how many people are coming, as there will be morning and afternoon times on both days, but your more then welcome to hang out all day, check out the cars, and talk to people doing the schools.

Rich
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #67
Chris_Bangle
2nd Gear Member

^ Cool idea, if people are on different forums, will be good to post this around. May attract people who are not sure if they want to go from a regular 100$ DDT lapping day to a proper school at the GP track and want to check out the school first.
Chris_Bangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #68
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Attention all Maxbimmer Members!!!

For those who are thinking of or would like to see what exactly a Trillium BMW Club Advanced driving school is really about, here is your opportunity.

On Saturday April 30th, and Sunday May 1st everyone is invited to see what the school offers first hand, with a guided tour of the event. You will get the chance to sit in on an in class session, try the skid pad exercise, and one of our instructors will take you out for a couple laps around the legendary Mosport Grand Prix track.

This is an amazing chance to get an idea of what the school’s experience is all about, and its totally free, not to mention a great way for any car guy or girl to spend a day!

If you would like to come out and see what all the hype is about, please contact me so I know how many people are coming, as there will be morning and afternoon times on both days, but your more then welcome to hang out all day, check out the cars, and talk to people doing the schools.

Rich
Yikes! This is motivation to get my maintenance work done quick so I can make it out to this. Hopefully I can get it all done in time.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #69
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

^ Agreed, this has been a long time coming, we just needed someone in the know to be able to take the time to host the event for visitors. Rich is the man to do this! Anyone, and everyone not participating SHOULD definitely take this opportunity to see what it's about! You won't be dissappointed and it's FREE, what more could you ask?

Old 04-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #70
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Yikes! This is motivation to get my maintenance work done quick so I can make it out to this. Hopefully I can get it all done in time.
Rides with instructors will be as a passenger in their cars, just so there is no confusion.

I will try and see if possible for a couple parade laps ( limited speed) at lunch.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #71
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Rides with instructors will be as a passenger in their cars, just so there is no confusion.

I will try and see if possible for a couple parade laps ( limited speed) at lunch.
I know, but I still need a car in order to get to the track. My car won't be going anywhere under it's own power without a timing belt and a water pump
Old 04-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #72
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Yes, parade laps in your own car during the lunch break will be done following a pace car, at limited speeds with no helmets. So it's another fantastic reason to come out and see the Trillium HPDS.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #73
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Good idea guys... that will definitely create some spectator numbers. And they won't be disappointed! I look forward to it!

Old 04-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #74
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

also anyone who would like to come out to this weekends 1 day school on Saturday at Mosport DDT can drop me a line and I will set something up.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:01 AM   #75
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

This is a reminder to all that our first Performance Driving School is this Saturday at the Mosport DDT. It is a one day event and there are still a few spots left. If you want to come register at our website, www.trillium-bmwclub.ca

If you're not sure about attending as a student come and let Richie give you a tour, and sit in class or ride with an instructor, then register for the next week we'll be at the Mosport Grand Prix Circuit with our full two day school!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: