Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #16
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Very Pretty! ahahaha!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #17
///Mmm
Need an s85!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBell View Post
Gentlemen, please settle down. That steering wheel in the first car, what is it and where do I get it.
There you go

http://www.beastpower.com/p/bmw/alpi...L-BE3233010-SW

http://www.fmw-tuning.de/product_inf...W-3er-E30.html

///Mmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:12 AM   #18
nonlocal
Last of the Late-Brakers

I've never met you, luve30, you have a very nice car and very good taste, and you are probably a very nice person.

So I won't let loose with the stream of profanity and abuse that my small twisted jealous heart is pushing up my throat and towards the keyboard. In lieu, I offer my head beaten against the keyboard a few times...

jhbkk ;klopk;lop;klk;kp;o uiykjug
p;
nonlocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:20 AM   #19
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Just remember, he bought a wheel to go with his rims.

I bought a wheel to steer my car.

j/k, nice find.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:26 AM   #20
nonlocal
Last of the Late-Brakers

That's what vice grips are for...
Old 02-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #21
luve30
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonlocal View Post
I've never met you, luve30, you have a very nice car and very good taste, and you are probably a very nice person.

So I won't let loose with the stream of profanity and abuse that my small twisted jealous heart is pushing up my throat and towards the keyboard. In lieu, I offer my head beaten against the keyboard a few times...

jhbkk ;klopk;lop;klk;kp;o uiykjug
p;
LOL

If its any consolation, it took me a long time to be able to afford a toy car and I'm still debating the pros and cons, especially when I'm freezing my ass off getting into my cold DD with the toy is sitting in the garage.

On that note, I need to replace my DD by April and want to get out of the leasing threadmill. I need something <$20K that's reliable and has 4/5 doors. Any thoughts? I was thinking an e36 M3 sedan but not sure how reliable that would be.

Last edited by luve30; 02-13-2011 at 10:08 AM.
luve30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #22
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luve30 View Post
LOL

If its any consolation, it took me a long time to be able to afford a toy car and I'm still debating the pros and cons, especially when I'm freezing my ass off getting into my cold DD with the toy is sitting in the garage.

On that note, I need to replace my DD by April and want to get out of the leasing threadmill. I need something <$20K that's reliable and has 4/5 doors. Any thoughts? I was thinking an e36 M3 sedan but not sure how reliable that would be.
Used 2001-2005 Civic.

My mom just picked up a 2011 Civic SI Coupe 6-speed rofl. To bad I moved so couldn't tell her how bad the deal was but she paid 27k out the door. I just hate Honda but they are a reliable as ever.

I myself picked up a 02 Dodge Intrepid that didn't come with a safety or e-test. So I picked it up for 1900$ and all it needed was a two bulbs. No problems but it also came with service records since it came off the lot. Still has records (since I use my gf's work mazda and volvo dealership).
Old 02-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #23
nonlocal
Last of the Late-Brakers

I always really liked the e36 4door M3, I'm a 2-door guy mostly but I love the lines on it and find it looks a little better than the 2door... I can't imagine the s52 being that much of a bear to maintain given its just-a-massaged-m52 nature as debated ad nauseum elsewhere. I'll leave it to an actual e36 M3 owner to comment on maintenance, though.

One thing I do know from driving a 328i in the 90s is that although there are 4 doors-- and the car is certainly bigger than an e30-- the backseat is pretty damn small, and nearly unusable with a couple six-footers sitting in the front. If you expect to be able to transport 3+ adults in comfort you might look elsewhere.

For utility and fun and a beast come winter-beating time next year, look at a WRX wagon... I don't know how committed you are to RWD, though. I wouldn't want a 4x4 to be my only car but with an M3 in the garage you could have a lot of fun with it...

And as above, if you want to be reasonable about it, its hard to beat a Civic for cost of ownership and reliability. Apparently the Koreans are really good now too. Who knows.

Holy threadjack... Alpina cars -> steering wheels -> Kias? What?
Old 02-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #24
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Used 2001-2005 Civic.

My mom just picked up a 2011 Civic SI Coupe 6-speed rofl. To bad I moved so couldn't tell her how bad the deal was but she paid 27k out the door. I just hate Honda but they are a reliable as ever.

I myself picked up a 02 Dodge Intrepid that didn't come with a safety or e-test. So I picked it up for 1900$ and all it needed was a two bulbs. No problems but it also came with service records since it came off the lot. Still has records (since I use my gf's work mazda and volvo dealership).
I'm going to pretend you didn't just suggest a Civic. I do not consider Civics to be legitimate modes of transportation.

You should know better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411 View Post
just letting this furom [*forum] know
MaxBell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #25
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

You know what would be an excellent DD? A 1987 E30 Alpina B6 2.7!

Back on topic!! Yay!!
Old 02-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #26
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBell View Post
I'm going to pretend you didn't just suggest a Civic. I do not consider Civics to be legitimate modes of transportation.

You should know better.
Bahahaha I know But my mom bought one >_<
Old 02-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #27
luve30
2nd Gear Member

I agree. A 1987 E30 Alpina B6 2.7 would be a great DD especially if it was a lot less money than that one.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #28
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by luve30 View Post
I agree. A 1987 E30 Alpina B6 2.7 would be a great DD especially if it was a lot less money than that one.
No such thing nowadays... Real E30 Alpinas/Hartge with 0 rust and low km = BIG Bucks.
Robb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #29
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

What kind of BIG Bucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411 View Post
just letting this furom [*forum] know
MaxBell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #30
luve30
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
No such thing nowadays... Real E30 Alpinas/Hartge with 0 rust and low km = BIG Bucks.
It would be a shame to drive it year round here anyway. The e34's are a lot less expensive.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: