Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #61
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Once again Trev you amaze me how you will pick apart something and break it up into peices to change it, anyway that you so what ever.
Whatever man, I called you out and now you are back tracking with a load of BS. Rudy agreed, so i'm not sure why you are so 'amazed'.

Fact is, you bad talked everyone on the board with your generalization, then you hypocritically did the exact same thing you were criticizing others for. You clearly took at stab at him saying e46s were the fail of all 3-series and that he owned one, when all he said was that his opinion is that the e36 is 'ugly', as wrong as he is, he is entitled to his opinion. He never bashed you directly, he just stated his opinion of the e36s looks and he should be entitled to that. Whether or not the US e36 m3 is a real M is what were are discussing here, there are two arguments here on what defines a 'true M', which no one has resorted to bashing, just some heated discussion.

Quote:
I don't get why we all can't enjoy each others rides and project and be respectful and not bash or take jabs, its makes our group look childish and imature, its nothing I have taken personal in anything anyone has said, and hope you didn't take what I said personal either.
I see everyone here having a mature discussion with their own opinion and some humor in it, no one was bashing or taking personal jabs, but you did saying e46s are the fail of the 3series.

Stick to the points/facts richie and don't get emotional online, that is when you start to misunderstand people and make yourself look bad.

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 02-08-2011 at 05:34 PM.
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #62
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Once again Trev you amaze me how you will pick apart something and break it up into peices to change it, anyway that you so what ever.

I never said terry and Big D were doing anything wrong, well Terry has issues with a couple members, and is showing it in Steve's motor swap thread.What I said was a general statement after reading many threads lately and the serious lack of respectful discussion on the board overall came out in my post.

I never said I don't like or hate the E46, its got its pro's and con's, just like anyother BMW. I said what I did cause too many people throw stones when standing in glass houses about other cars when really, theirs is no better in others eyes.

I don't get why we all can't enjoy each others rides and project and be respectful and not bash or take jabs, its makes our group look childish and imature, its nothing I have taken personal in anything anyone has said, and hope you didn't take what I said personal either.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #63
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

I like e36's, but so is about 300+ different cars i could name...
And in my opinion US m3's aren't the same as the euro's... but they both got the amazing handling which made BMW famous.
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS
92' 325is (m52) - M3 conversion AA S/c'd
'97 Euro Estroil E36 M3 Vert (S50B32)
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #64
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

what its like reading this thread
Old 02-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #65
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
this thread should be locked, this topic has been beat to death.

IN other news, what kind of oil should I put in my car?
I'll just quote myself here from the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #66
98M3NACE
3rd Gear Member

y0 f00Lz i Th1nK dA e36 m3z R sik y0
Old 02-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #67
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
I'll just quote myself here from the first page.
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #68
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

really?

the e30 m3 is clearly just as better than the e36 m3 is
Old 02-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #69
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Whatever man, I called you out and now you are back tracking with a load of BS. Rudy agreed, so i'm not sure why you are so 'amazed'.

Fact is, you bad talked everyone on the board with your generalization, then you hypocritically did the exact same thing you were criticizing others for. You clearly took at stab at him saying e46s were the fail of all 3-series and that he owned one, when all he said was that his opinion is that the e36 is 'ugly', as wrong as he is, he is entitled to his opinion. He never bashed you directly, he just stated his opinion of the e36s looks and he should be entitled to that. Whether or not the US e36 m3 is a real M is what were are discussing here, there are two arguments here on what defines a 'true M', which no one has resorted to bashing, just some heated discussion.

I see everyone here having a mature discussion with their own opinion and some humor in it, no one was bashing or taking personal jabs, but you did saying e46s are the fail of the 3series.

Stick to the points/facts richie and don't get emotional online, that is when you start to misunderstand people and make yourself look bad.
Well said.

These discussions are great, and educational at the same time. I can personally say that i've learned a lot here about the M cars in this thread alone.

...but opinions will always be opinions. No need to take them personal.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #70
Gleb
E30 ..?

All of you are effing nuts!
Here is a fact: BMW stopped making cars, M or otherwise in 1991, and started producing appliances.
If anyone disagrees... kiss my
Gleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #71
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

lol I thought this thread was about e30 M3 vs e36 M3 Not the euro vs na M3

Trust me guys not taking anything "personal". That's just what some people say as a suggestive thought to try and make someone look bad.

Trev if you have a problem with me send an email and don't try to act all high and mighty on the board with me, or anyone else. I maybe rough around the edges in my expressions and opinions but I'm not one to trash and start shit.

Seriously done with any discussion at all with you on the boards.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #72
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Lots of knotted panties around here.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:14 AM   #73
Banned

NOTORIOUS VR and richie_s999, my experience was based on M52tu and M54 hydraulic lifters, which I know from first hand experience will collapse at around 7500rpm, I figured M50s would too, as they use similar design. If you guys are able to safely run M50 heads at that high RMP, thats great.

Also, NOTORIOUS VR,try to keep your VW stuff outta here, its irrelevant overhere.

richie_s999, you never explained why you think E46s were a fail of all 3 series, and dont tell me that you think they're an overweight and underpowered e36, because if I show you the stats, you'll be very disappointed along with all others who think the same way.

I dont even know what to add here, this thread has officially derailed.
new member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:40 AM   #74
nonlocal
Last of the Late-Brakers

Thank you all for tuning in to today's episode.

In summary, e30 M3s are classic, pure driver's joy which can never be matched by your modern, ugly, accountant-designed, de-tuned, designed for fat uneducated Americans named Bubba, not even a real M-car e36 POS.

E36 M3's are technologically superior, updated in every way, next-evolutionary-step big brothers of your over-rated, over-priced, fanboy-loved, kraut-rice ugly-fender tacked-on -trunk, slow as molasses e30 POS.

Real M-Cars were made by Barry White, naked. So put down a seat cover before you drive if you don't want to catch something.

The secret of eternal youth is encoded in your VIN.

Finally, the word of the day is "internecine." Congratulations Smitty, you win an irrelevant Volkswagen.
nonlocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:15 AM   #75
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

its nice to see that bimmer fans are passionate about there rides
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS
92' 325is (m52) - M3 conversion AA S/c'd
'97 Euro Estroil E36 M3 Vert (S50B32)
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: