Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #16
InfiniteDice
14 Years with the E30

E30 M3 period. The only downside is that keeping the engine running 100% will cost $$$.

E36 better for getting groceries or going to the mall, or to drive when it's raining (so the e30 doesn't get wet).

edit...

Actually now that I think about it... e36 m3's are great for something else...

They supply engines to put in our e30's

Performance one step at a time.

Last edited by InfiniteDice; 02-07-2011 at 04:25 PM.
InfiniteDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #17
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

E30 320is or gtfo...
Old 02-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #18
BigD
the misanthropist

South African 333i or gtfo

Old 02-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #19
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
South African 333i or gtfo

O ****. Serious shit.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #20
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

First off, this is like compairing apples to oranges

Having owned both e30's and e36's they are both amazing fun cars, and you can't go wrong with either. The e36 is a bit more friendly for a daily, excpecially if your over 5'5 and over 200lbs.

Now who's this newbie guy with an E46 saying an E36 is ugly??? ROFL.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:40 AM   #21
Banned

Hey, we can argue all day and all night about this, but the fact of the matter is that BMW build a special cheap "version" for north american market of the E36 M3 and many people , including myself dont actually recognize it as a real M car. Many things were going on at that time with BMW and sales and they simply would not survive if they gave the poor american market their real S50 M3.

But hey, I just signed up on this board, to all that probably means that I just discovered BMWs.

What do I know. I'm a noob, right?
new member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:14 AM   #22
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new member View Post
Hey, we can argue all day and all night about this, but the fact of the matter is that BMW build a special cheap "version" for north american market of the E36 M3 and many people , including myself dont actually recognize it as a real M car. Many things were going on at that time with BMW and sales and they simply would not survive if they gave the poor american market their real S50 M3.

But hey, I just signed up on this board, to all that probably means that I just discovered BMWs.

Yes the north americian m3 was a detuned version of what they got in the rest of the world, but it was a still a great car, all e36's are.

You seem to have a hate on for the e36 in general, and your driving what an e46? So much hate coming from someone in a car many refer to as the fail of all 3 series.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:17 AM   #23
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Old 02-08-2011, 02:23 AM   #24
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

It must be my time of the month, but obviously I am not the only one. What the hell happened to our community of supportive members, its to much ego and trashing bullshit any more.

My cars newer so it's better, your cars not an M mine is I'm better, my cars rarer so it's better, For christs sake we all drive cars for different reasons and who the hell gives anyone the right to say their choice is better. To many people trashing others to make themselves feel better.

Grow the **** up people
Old 02-08-2011, 02:26 AM   #25
Steve30
Techno Viking

so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
It must be my time of the month, but obviously I am not the only one. What the hell happened to our community of supportive members, its to much ego and trashing bullshit any more.

My cars newer so it's better, your cars not an M mine is I'm better, my cars rarer so it's better, For christs sake we all drive cars for different reasons and who the hell gives anyone the right to say their choice is better. To many people trashing others to make themselves feel better.

Grow the **** up people

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:40 AM   #26
InfiniteDice
14 Years with the E30

When the very thread is "what is better" this is bound to happen.

I've driven both e30's and e36's and I think the e36 is a fine car, It seems lazier I don't feel it as well as my e30. I prefer the e30 simply for the feel of the car itself, the build quality and fixability, finally I really like it's outward appearance (in the late 80's cars all became carbon copies of one another... aerodynamic bubble cars with different badges and slightly different headlights.)

I simply like the fact my car is squareish but stylish as well. the round headlights, the flat front, this is what makes the car special now days even more than it did in the 80's.

Getting back to the e30 m3. It's everything the normal e30's are but just a bit nicer in every aspect. So to me what's not to like?

The european e36 M3 might be the ultimate e36, but the european e30 M3 is still the winner in my opinion.

To each his own!

Performance one step at a time.
InfiniteDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #27
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:

Grow the **** up people
Seems like you were adding to it. Not very grown up of you.

Quote:
So much hate coming from someone in a car many refer to as the fail of all 3 series.
I don't see how the e46s was a fail, it's high production numbers gave more market share to BMW and obviously it was a success sales wise, not to mention how many years straight the s54 won awards.

Terry & BigD were joking around more than anything, but you seem to be taking it personal?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #28
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Seems like you were adding to it. Not very grown up of you.

I don't see how the e46s was a fail, it's high production numbers gave more market share to BMW and obviously it was a success sales wise, not to mention how many years straight the s54 won awards.

Terry & BigD were joking around more than anything, but you seem to be taking it personal?
+1. 'new member's posts actually have a fairly well educated take on things. You didn't need to try to dish back by dissing his car Richie just because he called the E36 in general 'ugly'. That's his opinion and he's entitled to it. Nothing wrong with that.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #29
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

I still fail to see the logic about the E36 not being a real ///M car because it didn't get the euro S50 motor(s)...

I'm gonna be blunt and say that's just a dumb opinion to have.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #30
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by new member View Post

Please define "real M"
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: