Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #16
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Oh hey I know you.

No more tracking the speed3?

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #17
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
Ya 17's for sure.

Do they even make 16" in 5x120?
Yes, and they clear M3 brakes also. Rare though, and only 7" wide IIRC...could be 7.5 but either way not enough to support a 245/45/16 well.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #18
starscream
1st Gear Newbie

So heres where I am at right now:

working on getting the things fixxed to get saftied.

-Corner turning light housing (thats simple, just gotta order the part and pop it in)
-Horn (has been fixxed)
-Exhaust hangers (dont really need it for safety per say, as they are still on teh car, but I can tell they are giving and one of htem is basically broken. cheap fix that I might as well do)
-Parking Brake (have to order the parts still, did most of the checking and all that and I think I am good to go)
-Windshield is cracked (not in drivers view and should past safety, however I want to change it regardless just to be on the safe side)

Right now the only thing that is worrying me is the parking brake. I havent found any good instructions on how to install it. Most go into how to adjust it, but my issue is that I dont have it completely so I need to install it.

I have checked and I do have the backing plate there, and also there are parking brake cables as well. I have tried to see if they cables are seized and they are not. I can pull the ebrake and they go in, and if I put the ebrake down they come out slighty. However on 1 of the cables it seems like the end peice (where the hole is that I think the brake pin goes) is rusted on. So i gotta figure out a way to get that off without braking the cable or else I have to replace it which from what I hear is not eazy/fun.

-Does anyone have a good set of instructions to install the ebrake? I mean it seems pretty easy. Its just the actuator that I have to figure out. The rest is like a normal brake shoe change so that shouldnt be too bad.

-Anyone confirm that if the pull the ebrake the cables goes in, but if I put it down it doesnt go back out all the way, only slightly as I have said above. I have to use a screwdriver to pull it back out (its not hard, I need to use next to no force) BUT should it come back out on its own? Or would the resistance of the actuator cause it to come out?

I am mostly used to working on ebrake systems like on my Mazda where its built into the rear calipers VIA a bring spring that actuates the piston. So this is a bit different then what I am normally used to.

Any help/advice would be ballin!

starscream - 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #19
starscream
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer View Post
Oh hey I know you.

No more tracking the speed3?
LOL HEYA!

Yeah no tracking the speedie! I wanted a dedicated tracky thats right wheel drive rather then wrong wheel drive. And as well so I can learn more about working on the car (more indepth than I already konw) and as well so I can leave the DD as my DD

Old 02-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #20
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Realoem.com maybe of some help, it has expolded diagrams and will give you all the part numbers.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #21
starscream
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Realoem.com maybe of some help, it has expolded diagrams and will give you all the part numbers.
Thanks for the tip. I checked them out, I had the correct part numbers. I mean the pics do kinda help understand how it all goes together. I guess I'll give it a shot blindly putting all back in and hope it all works out LOL.

I was hoping to find like a installation/DIY guide for reinstalling it all, not just the shoes. But the way the parts diagram makes it look, cant be that hard....can it? LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: