Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name

Welcome to!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #1

I got my Z in May, a few weeks later I got the key/remote in the pictures. The paint started to leave immediately and it looked old within a week. About June the actual key part became loose and got looser. Last night when I removed the key from the ignition the key part flew across the car and hit my Wife in the leg. Thank god it did not hit her eye.

We were going to dinner and so I had to put the key in the ignition, slip the broken flip part onto it to turn and get the chip in proximity and then came the hassle of getting it out 3 more times without tools.

I sent a message to, their response was there is a 30 day warranty so all we will do is "fix it" (I assume this means put the electronics in another same bad quality case and send me a new blank)

Why would I want another crummy case? I had to pay the dealer to program all of my keys which is not cheap and will have to do it again to replace this pos.

e30cabriolet is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: