Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #31
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

This thread brings the lols. If someone that i didn't know called me, insulted me by lowballing me, then showed up unannounced at my place of business demanding the part that he lowballed me on, I wouldn't be very receptive or polite either. Do you guys think everyone operates like best buy? Walk in and buy what you want when you want?

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Old 01-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #32
Smitty
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
This thread brings the lols. If someone that i didn't know called me, insulted me by lowballing me, then showed up unannounced at my place of business demanding the part that he lowballed me on, I wouldn't be very receptive or polite either. Do you guys think everyone operates like best buy? Walk in and buy what you want when you want?
Of course not. But when you hang out a shingle and declare yourself open for business to the public, there are certain rules of decorum that you are expected to follow in our society.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #33
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

there are?

Im not defending the guy in any way but there are no rules of decorum anyone has to follow.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #34
zackman17
Banned

it was stated he would get paid what he wanted! rocco talked to this idiot on the phone then he kept leading us on get your shit straight we didnt go in there with a 20 and ask for the dme not only were we getting frusterated but so was the shop he was wasting my time travisis time and the shops time!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #35
Smitty
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
there are?

Im not defending the guy in any way but there are no rules of decorum anyone has to follow.
I'm speaking in the general sense. We live in a large, competitive, service-oriented market. If someone treats you poorly, you have options. Businesses have every incentive to offer their customers good service. The 'rules' of which I'm speaking are soft and broadly understood by successful small businesspeople.

Shantaram sounds like the Igor Kenk of BMWs.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #36
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman17 View Post
thats what i dont understand we were calm the whole time he just snapped buddy must of not had his curry....**** did that place stink
Real mature. If the way you post is the same way you acted with these guys, then i'm really surprised that it didn't get worse than it did. I don't care who you are, like a axxe said, this is not best buy. Seems like you need some more life experience before trying to conduct any business of any sort. I also don't agree with how the shop acted, but in my opinon, this situation could have been avoided.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #37
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmw1 View Post
Real mature. If the way you post is the same way you acted with these guys, then i'm really surprised that it didn't get worse than it did. I don't care who you are, like a axxe said, this is not best buy. Seems like you need some more life experience before trying to conduct any business of any sort. I also don't agree with how the shop acted, but in my opinon, this situation could have been avoided.
im getting tired of people jumping to conclusions this thread is about this shop we did absolutly nothing wrong. i say something out of context you assume shit? ok im sorry im not talking like a lawyer? LOOK AT ATT THE SHIT ON THIS SHOP i have yeat to read good stuff i have bumped some of the old threads. im done this needs to get cleaned up.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #38
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
I'm speaking in the general sense. We live in a large, competitive, service-oriented market. If someone treats you poorly, you have options. Businesses have every incentive to offer their customers good service. The 'rules' of which I'm speaking are soft and broadly understood by successful small businesspeople.

Shantaram sounds like the Igor Kenk of BMWs.
I totally agree with you, but people like that dont give a hoot...and amazingly many people like that still manage to run successful businesses.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #39
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

after not agreeing to a price...you tricked the guy into giving you his address and then just showed up unannounced expecting to make it happen?

even if they are shady(which its obvious they are) how did you think showing up like that would work out in the end?

why waste your time?
Old 01-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #40
gitchies
1st Gear Newbie

wow haven't been here for awhile, but this was a funny thread...nobody is wrong and nobody is right...but i think it started off wrong from the beginning...of the 80 offer, kidding or not people take insault to that...less then half? unless he was going out of business..thats a little low. heck we all want deals, but sometimes take it a little too far...i sold a set of 18" rims from my a4, i clearly said they were dirty and salt etc..i posted for 180, come get all them, none bent...people would still call and ask if they can have them for 80....? wtf? so i took their numbers posted ads all over the place..people are serious, nobody wants to be treated like a idiot or rude..thats both ways.....buying and selling...
Old 01-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #41
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitchies View Post
wow haven't been here for awhile, but this was a funny thread...nobody is wrong and nobody is right...but i think it started off wrong from the beginning...of the 80 offer, kidding or not people take insault to that...less then half? unless he was going out of business..thats a little low. heck we all want deals, but sometimes take it a little too far...i sold a set of 18" rims from my a4, i clearly said they were dirty and salt etc..i posted for 180, come get all them, none bent...people would still call and ask if they can have them for 80....? wtf? so i took their numbers posted ads all over the place..people are serious, nobody wants to be treated like a idiot or rude..thats both ways.....buying and selling...
Well said. From 250 to recieve an offer of 80? That just shows you're not a serious buyer, period. This being an actual place of business makes it even worse.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #42
pearl_iroc
2nd Gear Member

"i said so you pretty much wasted our time by coming down here? he started yelling at us we were calm and collective he freaked. said get the **** out of my shop i said listen we came here for the dme are you going to sell it to us or what!! he said i dont need your business get the **** out of here!!

im on the phone with rocco while all this is happening. I said again just sell us the dme he started yelling louder get the **** out of here and he started aggressively walking towards us."

Not taking sides, but he asked you to leave and you still insisted on telling him to sell it to you. If someone tells you leave, then you leave man! I've dealt with shantaram and he can be quite a punk, but if you know how keep you cool he can be helpful. (helped me change my hydraulic belt tensioner in his shop for free when I had my 318i)
Old 01-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #43
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:
i said so you pretty much wasted our time by coming down here? he started yelling at us

lmao I just caught that part of the saga, he wasted YOUR time coming down there??? lol You seem to forget you called him in disguise and tricked his addy out of him to show up unannounced with no firm deal or a call back.

HE NEVER WASTED YOUR TIME, you did that all on your own.

You have to have some type of mental disability not to see how YOU were wrong here.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #44
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
You have to have some type of mental disability not to see how YOU were wrong here.
/thread
Old 01-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #45
davericher20
black and blue

I remember the Chrysler thread too, it was funny. A $65 part they wouldn't replace. You go mad on the forums slamming their Business when in the video you posted clearly shows you talking to them like they're your bitch, even resorting to swearing....
What did you expect?

And now this.
Slamming this guy because you show up unnanounced telling him he wasted your time.

Sounds like the perfect customer to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.

Last edited by davericher20; 01-13-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: