Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 09:23 AM   #16
simplycars
6th Gear Member

most of those shops are not really legit - no permit of occupancy, improper zoning, no membership with any automotive or business organizations, no business/liability insurance - all they have is general ontario business license and rented shop space.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #17
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Not gonna lie, I'd be pretty pissed off too if some people kept calling me lowballing and then just randomly show up.

He never said come down. Sounded to be clearly busy.

As for the whole chasing thing, maybe you guys just pushed them over the edge that day haha.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #18
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Damn, that's unfortuante. Whoever said call 911 and hold it up to their face, you'd probably get knocked out lol.

But yea, I would have given up when he said $200 for RMP, $250 for you. I don't deal with retards like that. Saying he's looking for it when he's in fact busy is also a huge no no.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Old 01-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #19
328IScreamer
6th Gear Member

If the guy said he was looking for is whats wrong with showing up? Traditionally if you own a buisness you want to make a sale lol not chase you cutomer out of the store!!

That would have really frusterated me, needing a part and telling him it's important and your in a hurry....he tells you repeatedly he is looking for it but infact just goes about his buisness.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #20
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
Not gonna lie, I'd be pretty pissed off too if some people kept calling me lowballing and then just randomly show up.

He never said come down. Sounded to be clearly busy.

As for the whole chasing thing, maybe you guys just pushed them over the edge that day haha.
he was lowballed once and he said i was kidding lets talk i need the part im willing to pay rocco even talked to him then he dicked us around. we went there because he said he had it . we were in a rush to get it because trav is from niagara falls we had to get the dme before rmp closed. i ended up driving travis home if we would of got the dme his car would be good to go so it ****ed him over bad! he should of said i dont have it dont bother me but he was being really wierd with his answers they guys is ****ed up so much bad shit posted her on max even about him
Old 01-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #21
zackman17
Banned

honestly guys i have never ever dealt with something like this complete ****ing bullshit you dont have a big black guy chase customers with a object in his hand screaming profanities we were so calm it was un real!

Last edited by zackman17; 01-13-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #22
Smitty
4th Gear Member

Geez, what awful treatment. I responded to one of their Kijiji ads a few weeks ago and luckily they didn't have the part I was looking for. I'm not sure there's an actionable offense for which the police can lay charges but it's definitely a good idea to have them sniff around.

Given the amount of competition in our little niche of the aftermarket, I hope their business dries up.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #23
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
Given the amount of competition in our little niche of the aftermarket, I hope their business dries up.
Doubt it, man, those guys have A LOT of parts.......They'll get the non-enthusiast guy who just needs parts with their outrageous prices and doesn't want to drive out of town.

That being said i haven't gone to their new location but went a few times at their old one, the owner "think his name is shantraram" is a bit on the rude side and you just have to be paitient and make sure he has what you want and keep calm. sucks that happened to you though.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #24
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30_kid89 View Post
Doubt it, man, those guys have A LOT of parts.......They'll get the non-enthusiast guy who just needs parts with their outrageous prices and doesn't want to drive out of town.

That being said i haven't gone to their new location but went a few times at their old one, the owner "think his name is shantraram" is a bit on the rude side and you just have to be paitient and make sure he has what you want and keep calm. sucks that happened to you though.
thats what i dont understand we were calm the whole time he just snapped buddy must of not had his curry....**** did that place stink
Old 01-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #25
rider-.
3rd Gear Member

for what its worth b&d had an e36 320i around a month ago, chances are that the dme is gone, but it doesnt hurt to make a call.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #26
marks525
3rd Gear Member

Isn't that the "new" Shantaram?
Old 01-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #27
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

so after not agreeing to a price you figured out where this guy was and just showed up unannounced? :/

Ive bought enough parts over the yrs to know not to waste my time like you guys did, even if its a business. If hes being flakey when you called him three times I have no clue why you thought going down there was gonna make things better.

At least you guys didnt get hurt.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #28
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
so after not agreeing to a price you figured out where this guy was and just showed up unannounced? :/
Exactly, guy harrassed him via phone, begged like a fool after LOWballing and didnt wait for a call back ( not that he was getting one ) all to trick them by pretending to be a guy buying parts to get an address to show up unannounced, real winner here.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #29
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
Exactly, guy harrassed him via phone, begged like a fool after LOWballing and didnt wait for a call back ( not that he was getting one ) all to trick them by pretending to be a guy buying parts to get an address to show up unannounced, real winner here.
you drink too much your getting confused
Old 01-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #30
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
baaahahahaha! That was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: