Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:42 AM   #1
zackman17
Banned

Exclamation Used parts warning!!! Beware of (bimmer parts & service!!!!!)

this guy

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ243317107

This is for all members of maxbimmer i cannot believe what happened lastnight going to pickup a dme from bimmer parts 416-741-3121 located at (kijiji add says 63 but its 50) Torbarrie Rd, Toronto, ON M3L 1G9, Canada. so my buddy's e36 max-member "audi5000" had a bad dme in his 94 320i. the car was towed to rmp motors where it was discovered the dme was fried. so we made a few calls couldn't find one and we were given a number for a guy named "shantaram" he says he has one travis says how-much is it? he says for rmp $200 for you $250 he offered $80 as a joke offer because $250 is a little too much for a used dme they guy hung up.

so trav calls back and says ok do you have it? i need it ill pay. he goes yes let me go get it i will call you back we stated we were in a rush and if he could hurry up and get back to us. 15 minutes or so go by we call again sorry for bothering you but we are in a rush he asks for the dme number, but he is saying something about a bosch but its a siemens. So he didn't make and sense rocco spoke with him, the guy said he was looking for it. 10 minutes or so we call back he gives us some story like he is looking for it still and he is being rude. Then some guy from the shop calls. he asks for their new location because he is interested in some bmw parts he gives him the location of 6240 Torbarrie Rd or some thing like that.

we run out to go to the shop in person and we cant find it. trav points out a sign and he said the guy says bimmer when he answers the phone and that sign back there said bimmer ! i turn around and the phone number matched. so i pull in (very sketchy and dark) we looked at each other and said this isn't sketchy at all. Park walk to the doors knock and a brown guy answers the door we walk in he goes back to working on a car and says how can i help you i told him we called you earlier about the dme he went back to working on the car. ;@ i said so did you find it? he said i haven't looked yet! i said well you told us you were going to call us back and that you were looking for it. trav said something like well we need it can you go look for it? he said i haven't looked i don't know if i have it or something like that. i said so you pretty much wasted our time by coming down here? he started yelling at us we were calm and collective he freaked. said get the **** out of my shop i said listen we came here for the dme are you going to sell it to us or what!! he said i dont need your business get the **** out of here!!

im on the phone with rocco while all this is happening. I said again just sell us the dme he started yelling louder get the **** out of here and he started aggressively walking towards us. then this 6'6" black guy pops up from underneath the hood of the car they were working on. they both had large tools in their hands and both started aggressively walking towards us im thinking they are going to use them as weapons. i look at trav and im like we have to get the **** out we slowly start walking to the door. then they ****ing chased us out i run towards my car, standing by jeep door and say they wont be getting away with this then the black guy starts walking fast over to my jeep with an unknown object in his hand we both jump in the car and get the hell out of there.

i cant believe all of this has happened and they said they didnt need our business so i guess they don't need yours! Be careful!

Last edited by zackman17; 01-13-2011 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #2
zackman17
Banned

also local authorities have been notified and they aren't to impressed this guy has a bad rep aswell
Old 01-13-2011, 04:53 AM   #3
audi5000
2nd Gear Member

Thanks man for getting the word out.
people like this shouldn't be in business.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:11 AM   #4
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi5000 View Post
Thanks man for getting the word out.
people like this shouldn't be in business.
tell me about it glad to be home changed my boxers as soon as i got in
Old 01-13-2011, 05:37 AM   #5
Dan Bro
3rd Gear Member

Why do people bother giving business to people like that is beyond me, how do they stay in business is another mystery... I don't like to bad mouth people, but if your rude and negative from the start your not getting my business. People like that should realize that if you don't like what you do or don't want to fix and sell parts, don't do it. Stick to one thing. Sorry to hear about your situation and I hope you found the parts you needed to get back on the road.

Personally I would have gone to "Eurostyle", not to steal the thread but I never had an issue with Philip. Great guy and he actually unlike some other people I came across knows what he's selling. Even when I had an issue with my e36 last year, I spoke to him over the phone he told me exactly what I needed and didn't break the bank when I came to pick up the part. Thanks to people like that I rather drive out for an extra 20 min just so I don't have to deal with bullshit.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:48 AM   #6
InfinitiStyle
2nd Gear Member

"he says for rmp $200 for you $250 he offered $80 as a joke offer because $250 is a little too much for a used dme they guy hung up."

Here is where you pissed in his cornflakes. Your negotiation skills suck.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:54 AM   #7
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Bro View Post
Why do people bother giving business to people like that is beyond me, how do they stay in business is another mystery... I don't like to bad mouth people, but if your rude and negative from the start your not getting my business. People like that should realize that if you don't like what you do or don't want to fix and sell parts, don't do it. Stick to one thing. Sorry to hear about your situation and I hope you found the parts you needed to get back on the road.

Personally I would have gone to "Eurostyle", not to steal the thread but I never had an issue with Philip. Great guy and he actually unlike some other people I came across knows what he's selling. Even when I had an issue with my e36 last year, I spoke to him over the phone he told me exactly what I needed and didn't break the bank when I came to pick up the part. Thanks to people like that I rather drive out for an extra 20 min just so I don't have to deal with bullshit.
i Agree with you eurostyle was my first call and he didn't have the part. its a 320ia dme extremely had to find! he has had a few other people looking for one this month they are a dime a dozen. i would like to however take a moment to thank eurostyle for all the help he has given to help out travis in gettin this car fixed. from recommendations to going out of his way to source a part for trav and send me a MSG close to midnight. he is one heck of a good guy! give yourself a pat on the back phillip you deserve it!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #8
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiStyle View Post
"he says for rmp $200 for you $250 he offered $80 as a joke offer because $250 is a little too much for a used dme they guy hung up."

the guy is a ****ing idiot and it wasnt me that offered 80 it was just a feeler 150 is pushing it i would say. i have a line on one for possibly 50$ i will find out today
Old 01-13-2011, 06:38 AM   #9
audi5000
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiStyle View Post

You had to talk to this guy, he was unreal.
at first i explained my situation to him, he says hes positive he has one.
He continues to ask is it for RMP? i say my car is here, so i guess.
He says for them 200$
I say, seems a bit steep. Can you do any better.
He says for you, 250$
I laugh like hes making a joke. and reply, im thinking closer to 80$ lets work something out.
At no point was i rude to him on the phone.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:16 AM   #10
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Im unclear about one thing, did you have an agreement to buy it and price agreed before going over there apart from ya we'll take it, he never knew you were coming?

"10 minutes or so we call back he gives us some story like he is looking for it still and he is being rude. Then some guy from the shop calls. he asks for their new location because he is interested in some bmw parts he gives him the location of 6240 Torbarrie Rd or some thing like that."

It appears like you never got an addy and word to come on over, you basically tricked his addy from him and went there unannounced, ever think he didnt want your business at all and thats why he couldnt find it.... not a good start. I agree, guy is likely an ass but when you walk into someones shop when he hasn't confirmed even finding it after 3+ phone calls, hasn't called you back to come over and he tells you to **** off..... you best just **** off. Not saying he isn't horrible at customer service or you were deserving of his aggression but bro come on.

Last edited by Blackedout95; 01-13-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:33 AM   #11
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

ANGER MANAGEMENT ISSUES!!! Guy obviously needs serious help. imagine if you got angry with him how he would have responded. I would have called the cops right there right then and waited. would have dialed 911 and put the phone right up in his face so they could hear.

Doesn't matter what the excuse as to what who did. the bottom line. that behavior begets everyone.

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!

Last edited by Ceeker; 01-13-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #12
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeker View Post
ANGER MANAGEMENT ISSUES!!! Guy obviously needs serious help. imagine if you got angry with him how he would have responded. I would have called the cops right there right then and waited. would have dialed 911 and put the phone right up in his face so they could hear.

Doesn't matter what the excuse as to what who did. the bottom line. that behavior begets everyone.
i was on the phone with rmp rocco heard everything it was unreal we had to get back to rmp cause trav had to get stuff out of the car police have been notified and action against them will be taken pending a police report which i plan on doing at some point today.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #13
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman17 View Post
i was on the phone with rmp rocco heard everything it was unreal we had to get back to rmp cause trav had to get stuff out of the car police have been notified and action against them will be taken pending a police report which i plan on doing at some point today.
What are the charges?
Old 01-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #14
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
What are the charges?
nothing yet...i have to file a report and it will be investigated. but the officer said there seems to be an issue that needs to be dealt with if this is a business
Old 01-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #15
E36is
'OldSchool..'

IMO... i dont think anything will happen.. unless you guys were physically assaulted then yes they charge them, but really, all the police will do is give them a verbal warning. I think if you want to get back at them, file a report with BBB. cops are more interested in issuing speeding tickets then pursuing a verbal assault charge. g/l though.

Last edited by E36is; 01-13-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: