Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #61
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Hope to just buy another e30! May pick up one of my old ones or splurge on an s52 swapped touring...decisions decisions.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:05 AM   #62
Deetow
2nd Gear Member

Absolutely nothing. It's running, pulls well and handles like a dream. I'm going to let the car give back to me for a change after 2 years and thousands in parts and repairs.
Deetow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:14 PM   #63
sLvr325i
2nd Gear Member

take the auto out of my 1990

and replace it with the 5 speed from my 89

to start with....
sLvr325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #64
Dissembler
4th Gear Member

What's wrong with the 89? If your taking the trans out of it, seems like a perfect candidate for an s52 swap...
Old 01-31-2011, 06:22 PM   #65
sLvr325i
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissembler View Post
What's wrong with the 89? If your taking the trans out of it, seems like a perfect candidate for an s52 swap...
PO of the 89 became over-whelmed with driveability problems. 89 needs injector harness repair to run proper but other than that it's not horrible. regardless I dont like 4 doors so im taking what i can from it thats useable.
s52? wow... yeah holy, it IS the perfect candidate... duh me! no honestly though... I dont have that kinda cash to put into a project, thats why. My income may change soon enough though... im writing my certificate of qualification in the morning... get my licence so I can say "pay me bitch!" (mechanic)
Old 01-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #66
Dissembler
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLvr325i View Post
s52? wow... yeah holy, it IS the perfect candidate... duh me! no honestly though... I dont have that kinda cash to put into a project, thats why. My income may change soon enough though... im writing my certificate of qualification in the morning... get my licence so I can say "pay me bitch!" (mechanic)
wow... aren't you just a little asshole huh? I guess you don't like little comments about giving new life to an old car.

Also, if your attitude towards being a mechanic is "pay me bitch", remind me never to come to whatever shop you work at, less I want to be told that my brakes may fail because I haven't changed my seasonal tire air. You will also quickly find out that that kind of attitude will make employment a revolving door for you.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #67
sLvr325i
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
wow... aren't you just a little asshole huh? I guess you don't like little comments about giving new life to an old car.

Also, if your attitude towards being a mechanic is "pay me bitch", remind me never to come to whatever shop you work at, less I want to be told that my brakes may fail because I haven't changed my seasonal tire air. You will also quickly find out that that kind of attitude will make employment a revolving door for you.
I liked your s52 comment just fine.. you just jumped the gun. I was being sarcastic, I mean trust me, if I could afford it i'd gladly take your advice. Problem is you don't know me, and you didn't give me a chance to show you that i'm not a "little asshole".
Secondly, the "pay me bitch" attitude is NOT for customers, it's for the cheap whip crackin majority of bosses. I'm not trying to rob people and lie to people... in fact I have a number of people that come to me both as customers and plain old friends.

Again, you jumped the gun. If something doesn't look right you should at least inquire before you start hurling insults. I might be a little rough around the edges bud but I don't deserve those words believe me.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:59 PM   #68
Dissembler
4th Gear Member

there is a very fine line between sarcasm and sounding like an ass when your communicating over the internet; IMO you looked like the latter whether or not that was your intention, and I responded in kind.

If you are working for a company and feel you are being underpaid, than you should leave. End of story. Find an employer who will pay you what you feel you are worth. You should have recognized by now that if you are being underpaid as an apprentice, what are the chances that you will underpaid as a licensed tech? Quite good I'd think because I've seen it done to several people whom I've worked with. I found myself a similar situation earlier this year as well.

Also, since this has been going on for what I'd assume to be at least 3 years, do you really think that they would even take you seriously if you asked for a larger raise (especially since you used the phrase "pay me bitch" and not "when I get my raise")? There's lots of places hiring right now thanks to the upswing in the economy, you should look into it.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #69
sLvr325i
2nd Gear Member

your the man

Last edited by sLvr325i; 01-31-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:18 PM   #70
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

Car:
1990 325i

What I've done
-Full GC coils (including housings and what not)
-STP1 16x9's
-Probably 200 lbs off in random unnoticeable things
-Just finished 5 spd swap with pretty much brand new everything
-Some other random things

What I am going to do:
-Need a new tranny to driveshaft flange
-Lots of motor and other maintenance (too much to list)
-Some sort of nearly straight exhaust
-New injectors, and chip possibly
-Finish respraying the back half of my car
-Bunch of other stuff

Basically I want a really clean daily driver. I already have the exact look im after, i just want to make the drive train the way i want it.

Yamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:17 PM   #71
Dissembler
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLvr325i View Post
your the man
lol, not so ninja edit
Old 01-31-2011, 11:19 PM   #72
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
lol, not so ninja edit
LOL. I knew I shoulda quoted tough guy Coulda delivered him a brown paper bag of his favourite

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:07 AM   #73
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

new plans for me.

1. no more money into e30.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:26 AM   #74
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
new plans for me.

1. no more money into e30.
Captain flip-flop...
Old 02-01-2011, 12:41 AM   #75
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Captain flip-flop...
LOL, its that time of the month again for Rob! Give him a week, he'll be back to normal.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: