Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #31
ProStreetDriver
The Real Transporter

Send a message via MSN to ProStreetDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
buy an iX in the states. 1500 will be very tight, but is do-able (ask me how i know)
That's not fair lol... A coupe awd is pretty damn rare to come across, nvm for that price too.
ProStreetDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #32
squarehed
1st Gear Newbie

You gotta' go with the times man... If the availability in parts and resources is more predominant for E36 vs. E46 than that is how you should dictate the purchase of your car.

It's the same parody that played out between the EG and EK Honda's boys! I bought an EK for 13K and tried to sell it once the economy took a dive bomb and ended up taking just over 5k for it, less than 3 years later. That car was in great shape and THE MARKET dictated it was worth this price.

BOTTOM LINE: cars are not an investment and if you "owned a E30 (no offense Robb)" you probably kicking yourself now like I am.
squarehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #33
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarehed View Post
You gotta' go with the times man... If the availability in parts and resources is more predominant for E36 vs. E46 than that is how you should dictate the purchase of your car.

It's the same parody that played out between the EG and EK Honda's boys! I bought an EK for 13K and tried to sell it once the economy took a dive bomb and ended up taking just over 5k for it, less than 3 years later. That car was in great shape and THE MARKET dictated it was worth this price.

BOTTOM LINE: cars are not an investment and if you "owned a E30 (no offense Robb)" you probably kicking yourself now like I am.

You can't compare hondas to bmws.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #34
squarehed
1st Gear Newbie

The same concepts apply if your a true car enthusiast man... Being that narrow minded won't keep you ahead of the crowd for modifying cars or make old ideas evolve. I have just as much pride in owning turbo honda's, an E30 M3, 69' Mach1, 88' Kawi 1000 Ninja, and my x3; just to name a few.... It's purely about performance for me, and I can appreciate all kinds.

BTW: My Opa worked for BMW in Bavaria and he gave me great insight over the past 20 years about their competence. I've gained a lot respect for their quality control, it's not like I don't understand the vehicle and what the company has become.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #35
TopSpeed
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
What I don't get .. with all the hype over the e30s, why did all of them all of a sudden drop in value? I have trouble selling my Touring which I am only looking for $5700 ... what happened to the e30s ... suddenly nobody wants one
Old 01-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #36
simplycars
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeed View Post
What I don't get .. with all the hype over the e30s, why did all of them all of a sudden drop in value? I have trouble selling my Touring which I am only looking for $5700 ... what happened to the e30s ... suddenly nobody wants one
most people look for "mint original cars" for less than $1000, without understanding that e30s are 20+ years old daily drivers with atleast 4 previous owners.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #37
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
The same concepts apply if your a true car enthusiast man... Being that narrow minded won't keep you ahead of the crowd for modifying cars or make old ideas evolve. I have just as much pride in owning turbo honda's, an E30 M3, 69' Mach1, 88' Kawi 1000 Ninja, and my x3; just to name a few.... It's purely about performance for me, and I can appreciate all kinds.

BTW: My Opa worked for BMW in Bavaria and he gave me great insight over the past 20 years about their competence. I've gained a lot respect for their quality control, it's not like I don't understand the vehicle and what the company has become.

What's with Honda douches and the name calling when challenged. Have a few things that come to mind but Im not gonna resort to that
Old 01-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #38
ProStreetDriver
The Real Transporter

Send a message via MSN to ProStreetDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplycars View Post
most people look for "mint original cars" for less than $1000, without understanding that e30s are 20+ years old daily drivers with atleast 4 previous owners.
Not to mention that people will also look for what else they can buy for $5700... People want the most for the value of their money. Worst part is only a true BMW enthusiast will be looking for a car like that or a collector.

We all know that the e30 touring was imported here and they're fairly rare and an amazing car, but the average person wouldn't know that unfortunately.

For me, I don't want to tie a load of money into a car while I'm still going to school. I'm always trying to do everything on a budget, especially with vehicles lol.
ProStreetDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #39
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
What's with Honda douches and the name calling when challenged. Have a few things that come to mind but Im not gonna resort to that
I don't think that he was "name calling". I think he was just making a point that anyone that is "narrow minded" will keep you from getting "ahead of the crowd for modifying cars" which i do not clearly understand myself, but all in all i do agree that being narrow minded may limit anyone's knowledge base. Annnnnyways, lol...In a nutshell i think that as cars become older, they generally get cheaper unless they are some really rare species, or are a mint specimen, lol.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #40
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplycars View Post

+1. I totally agree.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #41
simplycars
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetDriver View Post
Not to mention that people will also look for what else they can buy for $5700... People want the most for the value of their money. Worst part is only a true BMW enthusiast will be looking for a car like that or a collector.

We all know that the e30 touring was imported here and they're fairly rare and an amazing car, but the average person wouldn't know that unfortunately.

For me, I don't want to tie a load of money into a car while I'm still going to school. I'm always trying to do everything on a budget, especially with vehicles lol.
True, same mentality goes to e36s for sale - people ask $2000-3000 for cars really worth maybe $1500-2000 if you part them out. Most e36s for sale for around 2k have more rust and mechanical / suspension problems than average cars in that price range. I know that they are BMWs, but neglected BMW is not worth more because it is a BMW. BMWs are one of the worst when it comes to value depreciation and poor shape doesn't help. With cars like BMW and MB - you get what pay for.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #42
squarehed
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmw1 View Post
I don't think that he was "name calling". I think he was just making a point that anyone that is "narrow minded" will keep you from getting "ahead of the crowd for modifying cars" which i do not clearly understand myself, but all in all i do agree that being narrow minded may limit anyone's knowledge base. Annnnnyways, lol...In a nutshell i think that as cars become older, they generally get cheaper unless they are some really rare species, or are a mint specimen, lol.
What I was implying was that you can learn a lot about cars from all types of auto makers, especially if you pay particular attention into performance history. Take what works for you from each of their noteworthy achievements and mold that knowledge into something that can be used for your car, no matter what brand it is.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #43
squarehed
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
What does a good condition E30 M3 (20 years later) go for would you say? Keeping in mind that a car 25 years or older, by most insurance company standards, in considered a classic... That being said why do old 16ft HEMI monster rust bucket rolling shells/chasis fetch 15-20-k? Availability of original parts or vehicles I guess?
Old 01-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #44
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Everybody wants one, but they dont want to pay for it! Even if you had it listed for $2K, you would still have people offer $1-1500....Its just sad
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

2nd location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #45
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmw1 View Post
calling someone "narrowminded" and trying to come off as a "true enthusiats" because I said don't comapair BMW's to Honda's? please, there is no comaparison between the brands other then they both have 4 wheels. I don't self proclaim myself as a "true enthusiast", or brag about what I have owned.... thats self gratification and low class. I can see and appreciate the work and thought that goes into building any car, and respect that, but I am not gonna fool myself into trying to compair things that don't go on the same shelf

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: