Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #16
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328IScreamer View Post
^^ this is very true
Bimmer on a budget is NEVER a good idea. Even if you find one for that price it is going to cause you so many head aches and cost you so much more money in the end.
Not necessarily. Some people just don't know what they're selling / the prices really have gone down. I think you could find a decent one for $1500 (at least negotiated down to this). Keep looking!

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #17
hawgripper
2nd Gear Member

It might be possible to find one for $1500 but you would have to watch Kijiji on an hourly basis. Be prepared to jump on one when it comes up.

I doubt you will find one cert and etested thou.
I looked at probably 10-15 E36's back in Nov. and Dec before I found mine off of Kijiji. 96' 328is with 129km. the owner was asking $5500 cert. and etested and I basically bought it on the spot and never lowballed him.
The car still cost him 2 grand to get cert. but I got a great car with full records back to BMW's warranty.

This guy guaged his price by what he saw on the net not realizing the amount of junk that was out there.

So, it is true that you could find one from a seller that doesn't know the BMW scene or forums and the following that think of it as just a car.

By the way, they are really just a car.

BUT A REALLY, REALLY NICE CAR. lol......
hawgripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #18
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman17 View Post
i know someone that picked up a mint 94 320 no rust m3 bodykit lowered for 1500. and alltho that e36 i sold you was a bit rusty that car was ridiculously cheap! people just have to look in the right places for deals!
The one I bought from you for $700 cash, plus gave u rims I could have gotten at least $500 for cost me an additional $400 in parts, not including the labour I did myself, which was change the 2 front calipers pads and rotors, fix the parking brake pad screw which had rotted out at the backing plate and weld a 2 foot patch on the passanger rocker, and replace both fenders(one came with car) and I welded new metal on the bottom section of the other. Because I was able to do this work yes I got a winter beater on the road for less then $1500, but most people aren't able to do work like that thenselves, if I paid labour that car would have easily cost $2500 to $3000 for a 318i.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #19
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
The one I bought from you for $700 cash, plus gave u rims I could have gotten at least $500 for cost me an additional $400 in parts, not including the labour I did myself, which was change the 2 front calipers pads and rotors, fix the parking brake pad screw which had rotted out at the backing plate and weld a 2 foot patch on the passanger rocker, and replace both fenders(one came with car) and I welded new metal on the bottom section of the other. Because I was able to do this work yes I got a winter beater on the road for less then $1500, but most people aren't able to do work like that thenselves, if I paid labour that car would have easily cost $2500 to $3000 for a 318i.
true
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #20
hawgripper
2nd Gear Member

theres part of the problem, where do you get "MINT" from.

Alot of people really do not know what mint is.

So, someone selling their car sees all the so called "MINT" cars for sale and figures theirs is MINT also.

That was the biggest problem I ran into when looking for mine. UURRRGGG!!!!!!!!

There isn't an E36 out there that is mint. Very good or excellent maybe.
hawgripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #21
ProStreetDriver
The Real Transporter

Send a message via MSN to ProStreetDriver
When I say "mint", I mean in the body mostly lol. I'm getting sick of always fixing rust. The replaceable aren't a big issue for me like seats, bumpers, lights, etc. Doesn't have to be safetied or etested either and I do realize for that amount of money I won't find something etested or safetied. If the car needs tires, brakes, exhaust, the regular maintenance type stuff isn't a big deal for me either. I don't mind doing a little work.

I know someone that bought an iX for $400 and the body actually wasn't too bad and he's using it as a daily driver. I have found an iX for 2g that needs a muffler and the body looks good from the picture, but its an auto
ProStreetDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #22
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
buy an iX in the states. 1500 will be very tight, but is do-able (ask me how i know)

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #23
squarehed
1st Gear Newbie

Just be glad you dont have an E83 man... Try to find a wrecked one!!! Damn impossible!
squarehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #24
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivetolive View Post
I'm sorry, but for all you E36 purists, no E36 (with the exception of a late model M) is worth more than $5000.
Uhhhh what?

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #25
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Things are only worth what somebody is willing to pay

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #26
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
Quote:
I'm sorry, but for all you E36 purists, no E36 (with the exception of a late model M) is worth more than $5000.
That's what I've been telling this guy with a Euro M3 GT2 In Imola. He's saying some jazz about it's super rare and I'm like Nah brosef. They're not worth more than 5g's. I told him I could be ballin' in a brand new Hyundai for not much more. He wouldn't budge.

=p

95 530i|Modifications - Work.
ACS_DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #27
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
It's sad to see how high the prices for E36s still are, considering how low the prices of E46s and E90s have gotten. I'm sorry, but for all you E36 purists, no E36 (with the exception of a late model M) is worth more than $5000.

Wrong. Sorry Jackie but you couldn't be more wrong here. Although e46's are newer, how does that dictate price? For a Corolla or Civic maybe. Firstly, no offense as I know you own a super clean e46 but facts are facts, an e46 wasn't a complete redesign of a 3 series, it was a reskin of the e36. BMW did a good job aesthetically on the interior but mechanically it gained weight for sound deadening and safety but it is in no way a better car than an e36. Hence in the resale market their resale hurts being e46. Plus, they were plagued with more problems, and are more expensive to fix. Hence less desirable than e36's. Not to mention you mean to tell me Kurt's car (Doogee) is only worth 5g's? If so, Kurt consider it sold as I'll be first in line to give you $5000 for your car as it sits! LOL.

To the OP, there is definitly a lot of junk out there, especially in Toronto (with all the idiots who think their old, rusted out E36 is worth half the price of an E90). Try expanding your horizons, a buddy of mine was going through the same thing until he started searching outside of Ontario (such as Quebec) where he found a really good deal.
In regards to the E90, that was a complete redesign and BMW did a great job with that car. However, most that are selling for cheap are the really undesirable 323's or the first year 330's. Again, undesirable to some, although not me, I really liked the 330 NA. The only reason your buddy got a deal was because the car came from Quebec. RULE # 1 when buying a used car is if it comes from Quebec turn the other way and run. They operate under different laws and their ideas of maintenance are no where near what I would call acceptable. Cars from Quebec are beaten on, not maintained and generally worth considerably less than Ontario or southern cars. FYI.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:58 AM   #28
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
[color="red"] Firstly, no offense as I know you own a super clean e46 but facts are facts, an e46 wasn't a complete redesign of a 3 series, it was a reskin of the e36.
And what "facts" would that be??? The E36 is to the E46 just what the E30 is to the E36...to call it a reskin is just

For a DD, the E36 has nothing on the E46...and same goes for the E30. Unless we are talking "track toy" only, which not everybody is, the newer car is so much better then the old one!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:00 AM   #29
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
i gotta go with fil on this one. for an average DD, an early (cheapest) e46 is probably better than a e36.

Having said that, that doesn't apply to me, or kurt, or many other people on this board, who'd rather drive a e36 with stiff as **** suspension, no interior, straight pipes and r-comps on the street every day than a loaded e46.

Dictating prices is silly. Markets dictate prices. I've seen lots of e36s sell for way over 5K (especially where i live out west), and i've seen e46's sell for less than 5K.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #30
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

If you are still looking for an e36 in great shape, we have 3 options at the moment, give me a call.

1906806649, ask for Vincent.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: