Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #1
325isdan
5th Gear Member

DDM DEPO headlights arrived.

So I just received my DEPO headlights from DDM. To my surprise I did not have to pay any tax or duty, sweet deal. I did notice they listed the lights as being made in the USA, odd.

They shipped everything I ordered but there is one bad thing, the tab that holds the cover on the low beam is half broken. I can live with this.

Everything looks of good quality, nothing feels cheap ( which I am very glad about)

Took two weeks for me to get everything even with all the Christmas holidays.

Still surprised about not having to pay any tax. I guess a Christmas gift from the government of Canada.

Went with;
35w 4500k Raptor kit ( ballast is bigger than expected)
Lamin-x
Error eliminators ( bigger than expected)

Will post pics tomorrow.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
E36is
'OldSchool..'

depos are good, i have them on my car, just do as i did and before you install them silicone all mated parts or else it will fog up and or dirty up the glass and lenses.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

wow nice deal.. i had to pay taxes and duty
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS
92' 325is (m52) - M3 conversion AA S/c'd
'97 Euro Estroil E36 M3 Vert (S50B32)
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Thats the only good that ever came of NAFTA. If you list auto parts as made in USA, you are usually in the clear.
careless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by careless7 View Post
Thats the only good that ever came of NAFTA. If you list auto parts as made in USA, you are usually in the clear.
For duties this is true. But just because you say something is made in the USA does not mean NAFTA. You need a NAFTA Cert.

I still should of had to pay taxes but I am guessing that because it went to customs on december 24th they just let it pass on through due to super high volume.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #6
325isdan
5th Gear Member

So after installing the lights yesterday I would highly recommend getting the slim ballasts. The longest part of the hole job was trying to find a nice place for the Raptor ballasts I have. They are just to big and make finding a nice spot difficult.

Besides that, these lights are an amazing upgrade over stock. I can actually see the road now. Definitely worth the $99.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: