Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

ROTREX Traction fluid...

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone might know of a shop i could find the Rotrex Traction fluid locally... i called AA but its gonna take some time to ship.. Or im hopping someone might have a bottle that they could sell me
Maybe bimmersport got some....

The reason i want to get is asap, is because i heard a whinning noise from the s/c so i stoped the car, and found that my traction oil was supper low... i hope i haven't damaged my s/c... if im not mistaken it shouldn't have... cuz rotrex s/c doesnt have any metal to metal contact.... i think..

I found two suppliers but not local...
http://www.urdusa.com/shopping_cart.php
http://store.activeautowerke.com/rot...fluid-p65.aspx

Federal Express (1 x 4.1lbs)(International Priority (1-3 Days)) $65.86
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS
92' 325is (m52) - M3 conversion AA S/c'd
'97 Euro Estroil E36 M3 Vert (S50B32)

Last edited by iverson03tj; 12-16-2010 at 07:38 PM.
iverson03tj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Are you sure it's not just the belts rubbing? My old AA setup use to do that alot. The fluid is $$$$. Check to see if the belt is touching the edge of the pulley.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Considering he checked and confirmed the fluid is low - indefinitely fill it, Fab is right there is an adjustment bracket located behind the oil filter housing you may need to play with.

We do have oil, but not for rotrex only for the HKS in stock.

I wouldn't recommend driving this setup through the cold winters mind you.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

NOO!!... i did a bit of research and found out that the rotrex traction fluid is unlike any other oil that is commonly used in s/c's n turbos... Also this fluid is a lifetime fluid... but has to be changed every 40,000 miles... i just dont understand how im burning through it... i checked for leaks... i took off my bumper and checked everything from the s/c to the filter to the oil cooler..to the tank...

Hey Jon.. would it be more cost efficient if i buy it from you? Or do you know anywhere i could get it locally...Also how come u dont recommend driving it in the winter? Is there something i could do to make it more reliable in the winter.... i was planning to just drive it through this winter.. till i swap everything out onto a new body.

Oh and down the road i will be coming by soon.. i think the tensioner pulley(pulley right below the s/c) thats making a very small hig pitch noise.. it goes away wen i spray some white grease.. the belt is still tight, would u have that pulley in stock...
Oh and thanks for your help guys... i was scared that i might have to buy a new charger..
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS

Last edited by iverson03tj; 12-17-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

No the price is the same from me or AA. Locally a lot of tuners order through me for the Rotrex fluid.

In my opinion, if your order 328is is cleaner..swap the S/C over to that one. The S/C would be fine, I just wouldn't as when it starts up cold the fluid is so viscous it does add wear over time (getting hot, then cold) - I didn't even want to drive my vortech S/C in the winter - but by all means, I'm not saying you cant.

We changed the roller pulleys for Oz, so your best bet is the tensioner (whole assy. as its mechanical one piece I believe).

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 12-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #6
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

i got a buddy who is probably going to sell me his m3 shell (he lives in florida, so the m3 got no rust!!)... so im just waiting on that... the older 328 also has some rust on it... thats why im not swapping it into that... also i think oz's 328 is in better condition than mine is... i drove it 2500 km's now, and it hasn's burned a drop of oil... my other one burned a bit...

BTW i got the traction fluid, put some in, and drove it around it sounds fine now!!!... but i suspect there might be a bit of wear since i drove it with out proper lubrication...
I just hope it will last me through this year

http://store.activeautowerke.com/act...lower-p20.aspx is this the kit i got???

Cuz i dont see any AA kits with a c30 blower other than the 325 one...
PREVIOUS CARS
Old 12-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #7
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Basically yes except tuned for a 2.8L.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

ok thanks jon, and merry christmas!
PREVIOUS CARS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: