Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
Bimmerized
In BMW We Trust!

Send a message via MSN to Bimmerized
plz advise

I drove this 2002 e46 last night here in London, and it seems in very good shape. It's auto, 160km, fully loaded 325i. It comes with new winters on BMW rims, and original rims in all season tires. 2nd owner.
It drove extremely nice, very clean in and out, absolutely no rust, bluish Greyish color. I could hear no bumps, or clicks, and it absolutely did not shake, or pull, and I drove it for good 30 minutes, brought it up to 150, no lights on the dashboard, no rips or scratches on the leather, xenons, and I have the receipts for some work, brakes all around, rear shocks, belts, left front wheel bearing, and alignment!

Is $7000 too much, etested? He was asking 8200, I offered 6500, and we worked it out to $7000 as is but etested. He said he's moving out of country, and I believe him cus his house is up for sale too.

Your thoughts, is this an ok price? Should I go for it!?
Bimmerized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
BimmerGuys
2nd Gear Member

Buying privately "as is" condition is a bit risky and sometimes pricey. $7000 safety and etest included is ok but don't forget 13% HST on top of that.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

I bought my 2003 325i (135km)for $9000K - Safety/Emissions/License plate included.
$7000 is a fair price I think... but its true "buyer beware". I would take it to a mechanic and have the codes scanned just in case. If you have to put in $3000 to fix stuff up... then you ok. Anything more, i'd be a lil upset.

Was the work done at a BMW dealership or done by BMW experienced mechanics or some Canadian Tire type shop? (could depend on the quality of work done to the car)

This is just my opinion.

PS: there are 2 types of cars in the world... The ones you want, and the ones you get.
IF you want a BMW... go get one. Just realize maintenance costs may be more than a crappy car. (or could be less)
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Bimmerized
In BMW We Trust!

Send a message via MSN to Bimmerized
All the work was done at the BMW dealership, and I am not car savy or anything but it seems really good, and tomorrow I'll bring it to my mechanic and see what he says, but I think for 7 grand it's a good car cus a honda civic is almost that!

Thanks so much!
Bimmerized is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: