Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Would You Recommend driving an E36 M3 in the winter?
Yes I would if I had winter tires. 47 62.67%
No I wouldn't even if I had winter tires. 10 13.33%
Your better off driving a winter beater. 18 24.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #61
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Kurt I didn't know you had another car, what is it?
My uncle passed away last summer, so I had an 08 Ford Ranger passed down to me...and a house.

I don't mind the Ranger. Kinda sucks on gas. But It'll pull the M3 with an open car trailer too.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:15 PM   #62
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
My uncle passed away last summer, so I had an 08 Ford Ranger passed down to me...and a house.

I don't mind the Ranger. Kinda sucks on gas. But It'll pull the M3 with an open car trailer too.
I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, that sucks large. He left you a nice truck and house, wow!

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 PM   #63
BSL
2nd Gear Member

Quote:

Rangers make great light duty haulers
Mine pulls sportbikes to the Dragon twice a year.

This is after 3 years of winter beater duty, I just couldn't let it go.

With minor mods, Mustang rims make it look cool too.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:30 AM   #64
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked_Out View Post
Yes, it is a bold claim.

Sure noone wants to, but the simple fact that the driver no longer cares about their car(because its a shitty beater) will make them do things they would;ve never done in their "nice" BMW.

It doesnt mean that anyone who drives a beater in the winter immediately becomes a careless driver, all it means that they may/will be less cautious in their driving, simply for the fact that they dont care about their car, as opposed to their beloved BMW that they wont even let birds shit on.

Its bold, because its my opinion, and its based on my experience.

Its all basic psychology.
Basic psychology, huh? LOL

While many might not care about a beater, pretty much everyone cares about their driving record, insurance rates and (hopefully) the safety of themselves, their passengers and others.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:32 AM   #65
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
Basic psychology, huh? LOL

While many might not care about a beater, pretty much everyone cares about their driving record, insurance rates and (hopefully) the safety of themselves, their passengers and others.
Lawyered!

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #66
Another BM
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Ummmm, are you joking or just not thinking about this thoroughly?

I might be crazy but there is such thing as a winter beater...
He was simply stating that most people would rather write off a shitty beater than their BMW.

Just because you store your car doesn't mean you HAVE to take a bus or walk...

And you could be the best driver in the world, but that does NOT change how people around you drive.
Exactly, i dont understand why blocked out can't have the same reading comprehension as you.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #67
Another BM
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Yes, it is a bold claim.

Sure noone wants to, but the simple fact that the driver no longer cares about their car(because its a shitty beater) will make them do things they would;ve never done in their "nice" BMW.

It doesnt mean that anyone who drives a beater in the winter immediately becomes a careless driver, all it means that they may/will be less cautious in their driving, simply for the fact that they dont care about their car, as opposed to their beloved BMW that they wont even let birds shit on.

Man, what are you talking about..
So if your car is worth less then $1000 your going to drive around risking your life, and the life of others because you dont have as much invested into that car...

Weither im in my 330 or 325e.
If its snowing and roads are slick, if i dont feel like i can drive over 40km/h i wont..

I'm not gonna tell myself this car isn't worth much.. i'll do 75km/h because it wont cost as much to fix..

your basic psychology sucks
Old 12-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #68
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Yes, it is a bold claim.

From personal experience with beaters in the past, I completely agree.
( I am not talking about full out wreckless driving...so relax...just more speeding, lane changes, etc...)

I am driving my M5 this winter, it is probably one of the first couple of winters my car has seen (it was used as mostly a summer hwy cruiser). I have a nice set of winters and a smart right foot. I should be able to make it out hopefully without incident, providing it isn't someone else's fault. I do drive EXTREMELY cautiously.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 12-14-2010 at 10:16 AM.
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #69
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
My winter beater is much better in the winter than my summer car. That's why i drive it in the winter.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #70
BSL
2nd Gear Member

Heres a great deal, (and stupid funny to read), if anyone is has changed thier mind and needs a winter beater.
http://peterborough.kijiji.ca/c-cars...AdIdZ248021690
Quote:
Stop sitting on the couch scratching fleas. I have a gem of an offer here. It comes in the form of a trendy fine automobile that will make Aunt Martha drool ......
Old 12-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #71
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
1.) That was no joke. You don't go and say you drive an E30 junker, and then when someone gets offended you say "it was a joke". Life doesn't work that way.
you are apparently the only one who cant understand.... if you feel that me calling your e30 a junker(with emoticons on the end to make a point i was making a joke)wasnt a joke..."thats your problem"

Quote:

2.) I never ever, called or referred to anyone as stupid, if you feel that way, then that's your problem. Don't put words in my mouth as you have a tendency to do that.
dont put words in my mouth. i clearly was making a joke about your car and you got your panties all twisted.

Quote:
3.) Now in this post referring to my ride as a soap box? What is that supposed to be another joke? You're the only joke around here with your inability to state a point without being offensive.
are you serious? for real? you think me saying to get off your soap box was a jab at your car?
wow .... I suggest you google soap box ... lol

Quote:

I clearly stated my opinion with no offense or direct insults. If you don't like my opinion, that is your perogative. You can rebut intelectually, but I guess that's above your ability, so you just hate.
You definitely were insinuating people are stupid if they store their cars.
and I 100% responded intellectually. Just go read my posts. they are clear and state my opinion nicely. as in" store your car if you want. Do what you like. there is nothing wrong with storing your car if you want to".
Quote:
winter tires on any bmw and you are good to go.
storing for winter is up to the owner. i would do it to keep miles down(if i could swing it) ...not so much to preserve value or something like that.

as for rust proofing. a good oil treatment(krown/regs) is decent. it wont prevent rust on an old car but can slow down the progress.

if you have a rust free southern US car.... I would still do the rust spray and I think its worth not driving it in winter. who cares what others think?
I said that a couple times and people like you get your panties in a wad cause I made a joke(yes . it was a joke if you fail to grasp it) about your car and thats all you are choosing to focus on.

You want to call my car a turd...go right ahead. Im not gonna cry about it like you are doing.

Last edited by SiR; 12-14-2010 at 03:17 PM.
SiR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #72
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, that sucks large. He left you a nice truck and house, wow!
lol, the truck was at your house for the party a few weeks ago!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #73
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

can this guy just be banned for constantly trying to start shit and wrecking every thread on here? All he does is start arguments or say things to get people going, and then says they are jokes, soooo Useless as a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
you are apparently the only one who cant understand.... if you feel that me calling your e30 a junker(with emoticons on the end to make a point i was making a joke)wasnt a joke..."thats your problem"

dont put words in my mouth. i clearly was making a joke about your car and you got your panties all twisted.

are you serious? for real? you think me saying to get off your soap box was a jab at your car?
wow .... I suggest you google soap box ... lol

You definitely were insinuating people are stupid if they store their cars.
and I 100% responded intellectually. Just go read my posts. they are clear and state my opinion nicely. as in" store your car if you want. Do what you like. there is nothing wrong with storing your car if you want to".

I said that a couple times and people like you get your panties in a wad cause I made a joke(yes . it was a joke if you fail to grasp it) about your car and thats all you are choosing to focus on.

You want to call my car a turd...go right ahead. Im not gonna cry about it like you are doing.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #74
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

and people like you just follow me around saying junk like that.
you think you are better by following up certain replies with that?
Pls point out where I start any sh*t in this thread?
I miss the old days on this forum...

Ive never seen such hyper sensitivity by any group of local enthusiasts...

Last edited by SiR; 12-14-2010 at 03:39 PM.
SiR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #75
bart325is
IH8BART

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk325i View Post
wait.. what? how did he do that?
all he said was if he had an e30 with 300 000+km he wouldn't store it either, which i don't think anyone would disagree on
Wait, I have an E30 with 300K+ and I store it in the winter!!!
bart325is is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: