Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Would You Recommend driving an E36 M3 in the winter?
Yes I would if I had winter tires. 47 62.67%
No I wouldn't even if I had winter tires. 10 13.33%
Your better off driving a winter beater. 18 24.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #46
Another BM
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked_Out View Post
I dont understand this comment at all.

Do you walk in the winter?

Also, paint, suspension and other items can be well preserved during winter.

My car is lowered> no problems.

4 of my cars out of the 6 were lowered and those 4 all saw winter, they also saw Barrie's and what you guys call up-north storms.

Just learn how to drive, put snow tires, wax your car and go enjoy your car.
you have no idea about ppls driving abilities so stfu and dont tell ppl to learn how to drive.
and what does walking in the winter have to do with anything?
i never said you can't drive a car because it is lower, but it sure does make it more of a pain in the ass. esspcially when you drive threw hard snow which suspends the car in the air not leaving enough weight on the tires to more it..

now i'm waiting for you to tell me i dont know how to drive because i get the car stuck..

Also i see many more accidents during the winter. Often 2 or more car collisions. usually one person is 100% at fault in those situations.
Also i see WAY too many cars without winter tires.
__________________
Another BM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #47
BMW_M_POWER
E.A.P
 
BMW_M_POWER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Rated View Post
Hey Blocked out take it easy. When I say it could be a collectible I don't mean in the literal sense like a 1929 Rolls Royce or something. It's up to the owner in their mind as to weather they feel it would be a collectible. That's what I meant by that. I'm not on a high horse at all. I know my car is old but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try to make it last for as long as I can. Side note my car is not a Canadian car and where I got it from they don't have snow and the individual I bought it from which was the only owner has never driven the car in snow since they owned it as it's never seen Canadian soil and where they live it doesn't snow at all.
If this is true I would not let the car see any salt not matter what.
__________________

BMW E46 330i ZHP, E36 Vert, E36 M3
BMW_M_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #48
SiR
Vtec just kicked in
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: TO
Posts: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Your worst then a hater. Your a troll who's an idiot, has no life and just tries to stir up shit from behind a computer while stuffing his face with cheese puffs and dreaming of the day people will actually want to listen to him.
talk about


*opens bag of doritos*
after maybe Ill go experience the feel and amazingness a bmw can provide and no honda ever could. lol
__________________
-||Old Crayons||-
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:44 PM   #49
SiR
Vtec just kicked in
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: TO
Posts: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk325i View Post
wait.. what? how did he do that?
all he said was if he had an e30 with 300 000+km he wouldn't store it either, which i don't think anyone would disagree on
I have a fan club on here...a handful of members who dont like what I have to say(or who completely misconstrue my posts).They especially hate it if I call them on their ridiculous statements.
__________________
-||Old Crayons||-

Last edited by SiR; 12-13-2010 at 05:48 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #50
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK
 
dble Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
Im a hater? i make a joke and im a hater?
yet you are sitting on your soap box hating on people who want to store there cars , basically calling them stupid
1.) That was no joke. You don't go and say you drive an E30 junker, and then when someone gets offended you say "it was a joke". Life doesn't work that way.

2.) I never ever, called or referred to anyone as stupid, if you feel that way, then that's your problem. Don't put words in my mouth as you have a tendency to do that.

3.) Now in this post referring to my ride as a soap box? What is that supposed to be another joke? You're the only joke around here with your inability to state a point without being offensive.

I clearly stated my opinion with no offense or direct insults. If you don't like my opinion, that is your perogative. You can rebut intelectually, but I guess that's above your ability, so you just hate.
__________________

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #51
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK
 
dble Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk325i View Post
wait.. what? how did he do that?
all he said was if he had an e30 with 300 000+km he wouldn't store it either, which i don't think anyone would disagree on
Reread the thread, SIR never said that, now YOU'RE putting words in his mouth!

He referred to my mint e30 as a junker, and now a soapbox, tell me how that is not hating? Also he's claiming I called others stupid, which I did no such thing, so again, how is he not stirring up shit and hating?
__________________

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #52
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator
 
T.Dot_E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: T.Dot
Posts: 9,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk325i View Post
wait.. what? how did he do that?
all he said was if he had an e30 with 300 000+km he wouldn't store it either, which i don't think anyone would disagree on
Not as bad in this thread, but all he does is stir up shit most of the time.
It was even worst before he bought his m3. Search for posts by him and do some reading, unless you really want i can point some out.
__________________

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 12-13-2010 at 10:00 PM.
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #53
Blocked_Out
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another BM View Post
you have no idea about ppls driving abilities so stfu and dont tell ppl to learn how to drive.
and what does walking in the winter have to do with anything?
i never said you can't drive a car because it is lower, but it sure does make it more of a pain in the ass. esspcially when you drive threw hard snow which suspends the car in the air not leaving enough weight on the tires to more it..

now i'm waiting for you to tell me i dont know how to drive because i get the car stuck..

Also i see many more accidents during the winter. Often 2 or more car collisions. usually one person is 100% at fault in those situations.
Also i see WAY too many cars without winter tires.
This is what you said : "lots of up north driving or winter driving they dont want to risk losing the car to an accident."

thats why I highlighted it. If you say people dont want to get in an accident with their car, that means what? are they walking, taking a bus, flying? Because this thread is about storing a car, and if you say they store their car because they are scared to get in an accident, how do they commute? Get my point?

Thats why I said, people should learn how to drive in the snow and not be afraid.
Blocked_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #54
doogee
Stance is Gay.
 
doogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ancaster
Posts: 3,445
Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked_Out View Post
This is what you said : "lots of up north driving or winter driving they dont want to risk losing the car to an accident."

thats why I highlighted it. If you say people dont want to get in an accident with their car, that means what? are they walking, taking a bus, flying? Because this thread is about storing a car, and if you say they store their car because they are scared to get in an accident, how do they commute? Get my point?

Thats why I said, people should learn how to drive in the snow and not be afraid.

Ummmm, are you joking or just not thinking about this thoroughly?

I might be crazy but there is such thing as a winter beater...
He was simply stating that most people would rather write off a shitty beater than their BMW.

Just because you store your car doesn't mean you HAVE to take a bus or walk...


And you could be the best driver in the world, but that does NOT change how people around you drive.
__________________


Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #55
Steve30
Techno Viking
 
Steve30's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
Ummmm, are you joking or just not thinking about this thoroughly?

I might be crazy but there is such thing as a winter beater...
He was simply stating that most people would rather write off a shitty beater than their BMW.

Just because you store your car doesn't mean you HAVE to take a bus or walk...


And you could be the best driver in the world, but that does NOT change how people around you drive.


exactly.
__________________



E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #56
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,622
I personally don't drive my ///M3 in the winter because I'm fortunate enough to have a winter beater.
If I didn't have a beater, I wouldn't hesitate to drive the bimmer in the snow (with a good set of winter tires)
__________________
_____________________________________________
98 M3 Sedan
06 Yamaha R6 (SOLD)
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)
1BADBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:32 PM   #57
Blocked_Out
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post

And you could be the best driver in the world, but that does NOT change how people around you drive.
That is absolutely true.

The way he said what he did, made me believe that he thinks people are scared to drive A car in the snow/storm at all.

I still am against those "shitty beaters" for many reasons, and one in particular is the one you stated."most people would rather write off a shitty beater than their BMW". I believe people who drive their "shitty beater" are more careless for that specific reason. If they drove their "nice" BMW they'd be MORE cautious, therefore safer for anyone else on the road.
Blocked_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #58
doogee
Stance is Gay.
 
doogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ancaster
Posts: 3,445
Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked_Out View Post
I believe people who drive their "shitty beater" are more careless for that specific reason. If they drove their "nice" BMW they'd be MORE cautious, therefore safer for anyone else on the road.

I strongly disagree. That's a pretty bold claim.

Doesn't matter what you drive, no one wants to get in an accident.
__________________


Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #59
Blocked_Out
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
I strongly disagree. That's a pretty bold claim.

Doesn't matter what you drive, no one wants to get in an accident.
Yes, it is a bold claim.

Sure noone wants to, but the simple fact that the driver no longer cares about their car(because its a shitty beater) will make them do things they would;ve never done in their "nice" BMW.

It doesnt mean that anyone who drives a beater in the winter immediately becomes a careless driver, all it means that they may/will be less cautious in their driving, simply for the fact that they dont care about their car, as opposed to their beloved BMW that they wont even let birds shit on.

Its bold, because its my opinion, and its based on my experience.

Its all basic psychology.
Blocked_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:46 PM   #60
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK
 
dble Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,869
Kurt I didn't know you had another car, what is it?
__________________

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.