Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name

Welcome to!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
2nd Gear Member
Lauzon destroys Lamborghini - The story so far -

Ok found this on montrealracing forum
Give this story some visibility,

As many of you know, I brought my Gallardo to Audi/Porsche Lauzon for a wheel alignment a little over 6 weeks ago.

They took the car for a "test drive". Witnesses described the speed (on St-Martin in Laval) as incredibly reckless with several redline upshifts (1st gear ends at 112kph, 2nd gear at around 150, and 3rd at about 180. Do the math).

Needless to say they spun it, went over the centre divide, took out a lamp post, and ended up sideways in oncoming traffic on the other side of the road. Between the car and the fallen pole, they managed to block 5 lanes on a busy intersection. Amazing that no other cars were hit. Damages so far are over $60k with shattered rims, snapped spindles, hubs, destroyed axles, bent shocks, control arms, steering, bumpers, entire underside of the car, oil leaks, etc.

Lauzon then proceeded to do.. well, not quite what you'd expect from someone who just wrecked your life savings + 2nd mortgage while you were waiting in the showroom. They wouldn't even provide a loaner. Then things only got uglier. They wouldn't let me have a closer look at my car in their lot, they wouldn't let me talk to their appraiser, their insurance wouldn't provide me with a rental (for the above reasons I had to claim it on my insurance to have any control over the situation), and when I went to see Michel Lauzon things just got nasty with them blowing off any liability for damages.

After I lawyered up, Lauzon requested I not talk to the media while they worked on a settlement. So I stopped commenting on forums, turned down the Gazette that called me, and didn't publicize the incident in any way. It's now been over 6 weeks and they've ignored every deadline. Every bit of correspondence from their lawyers basically either implied that they weren't liable or that my car was worth very little (Not sure how this excuses them, or how they reckon considering the car has been on display at 3 international car shows).

I'm now fed up and am not going to keep quiet about it anymore. I'm basically asking anyone in a position to pressure Lauzon to do so, anyone who is considering buying a Porsche/audi/vw to buy elsewhere, take your car for service elsewhere, and spread the word about how they treat their customers.

I've appealed once again to Porsche Cars Canada to mediate the dispute. I'm going to turn the heat up online, in the media, at the forthcoming Montreal auto show, etc.

Please let me know if you're in any position to help. Even just a reply to this thread with a word of support will show them that people DO care.

I've purchased several domains including:

These will go live at the end of this week with all the facts if the situation hasn't been resolved to my liking.

I want to give all you guys a big thanks for all the support and I'll be owing some rides when this is all settled.

P.S. I want to give huge props to Audi Prestige who will be handling the repairs. The people there have all been fantastic and supportive. They always make time for me whenever I pop in unannounced to check up on the car (which is quite often). If you're in the market, GO THERE!
QcE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
Techno Viking
That's bullshit. If something like this happened to me I would demand a brand new replacement.

E36 ///M3 S54
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
6th Gear Member
What happened to your lawyered up??

You should just sue and get those witness that saw the car speeding up St Martin,
dont waste time.. a good lawyer will get that settlement for you....

Sad that you cant even trust a brand dealership anymore..
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
6th Gear Member
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
Sad that you cant even trust a brand dealership anymore..
but the overseeing brand should try to keep up a good image, in this case VW group should pressure the dealership because there are more reputations on the line then just that particular dealership.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #5
5th Gear Member
I say he inform the media via tv,radio, newspaper And get a writen statement from witnesses.
e39 M5 (s62)- Muffler Delete, Timmay Tips,
e30 325ic - Hard Top, Matte Black
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
92' 325is (m52) - M3 conversion AA S/c'd
'97 Euro Estroil E36 M3 Vert (S50B32)
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
2nd Gear Member
WOW, for real?! I would definitely release to public ^
JvzwetE36325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
6th Gear Member
if he releases it to the public, he will lose in court and might get counter suit from the dealership - which they will win.

Last edited by simplycars; 11-30-2010 at 03:22 PM.
simplycars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
^^^Sued for what with what? Libel? Nothing of this is hearsay. As long as he presents the info appropriately nothing he is doing is wrong. He gave the dealer a chance to fix it and the dealer even agreed to terms, which he later did not follow. I just dont see how any argument for Lauzon would hold up in Civil or Criminal court.

Last edited by DANIMAL; 11-30-2010 at 01:32 PM.
DANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
6th Gear Member
if he loses initial court case - then dealership is cleared of fault and any action against them outside of the court that will damage their reputation can create base for a lawsuit by the dealer.
simplycars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #10
Did anyone see this?
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
6th Gear Member
Why is this in the e36 section???

Anyways, looks like the public pressure is on the verge of paying off for him. Best of luck,

JazzM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #12
5th year, J-Man BMW Tech
cdmbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #13
6th Gear Member
Oh man, I'd be flipping out if someone banged up my Gallardo. You can't get them to write it off?
maroli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #14
6th Gear Member
if the car has that much damage, why is it being fixed. That sh*t should be written off. God knows what that car is gonna be like now. Imagine trying to sell it later on if buyer knows its been in a wreck like that. Value is going to be next to nothing!
I'm just a crazy m*thrf*cker, livin it up, not givin a f*ck, living life in the fast lane
cisco911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #15
3rd Gear Member
My dad had a similar situation happen where a detailing company damaged his SUV and refused to pay or fix it because their sign said "we are not liable for any damages"

He took them to court and the judge said to the company owner "You don't have a leg to stand on because there is no legal contract".

The person or company that takes your vehicle into posession is 100% liable for anything that happens to it unless you sign something otherwise, but that would just be stupid.

Needless to say my dad got every penny for damages and the owner had to pay for all the court fees.

I'd like to say good luck, but you won't need it. You'll everything you want from them in the end.
2003 530i
radi0activem is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: