Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
Tommy Boy
bAaAM!

Best Insurance Rates?

So I found a great insurance rate thru this site a couple years back with Wawanesa, but now they have changed their policies and discounts and its not so good any more.

I was paying 210 a month and now its jumped to 300.

Before they had a 3 strike for accidents and tickets and then your rates go up. I have 1 ticket speeding 129 in 100 and one accident, unsafe lane change. That is 5 points against me total. They have taken this strike system out and now im getting screwed.

So which insurance company is good?
Im 26, been driving with insurance on my own since 19, my record is already given and those points are still against me for another 1.5 years. I have my G drivers license for like 4 years.

Thank you
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
abc12
4th Gear Member

i myself am looking for a new auto insurance company as well. I've been meaning to switch companies for some time now, but just been lazy too shop/look around.

Originally i was with PC financial when they 1st started off, well they with associated with S and Y. and i was paying dirt cheap with them, about $100 a month. Then PC financial change there broker to Avia, and my insurance jumped 50% to $150.00 or so.

But from what i heard from other people on other forums, there's jumped almost double even with a clean record. It's too bad Ontario auto insurance isn't goverment regulated like other provinces.
abc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
Tommy Boy
bAaAM!

yea bud, insurance here in Ontario is a scam... its very frustrating how hard they try to make owning a car for hard working folk like us

somebody give us some good leads to go on....PLEASEEE... i want an early christmas gift!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

isnt that the truth!

funny enough last week on Z103 i heard a report that Hammer read up on that something like 60+% of insurance claims in ontario are from....................

wait for it...............

Brampton!! :o
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #5
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

I have a few options for you:
- call me and I can run a quote for you: 416-494-2696 ask for Jonathan or Darryl (my brother)
- go quote yourself www.brokerforce.ca or direct link Instant Online Quote It's not as accurate as speaking with me, but it gives you a good general idea as to what is available as we work with over 10 insurance companies for personal auto. It will show you the best 3 or 4
- PM me the answers to these and I'll send you a quote by PM/email
1- your first and last name
2- address & postal code
3- phone number
4- Name, Birthday, gender, & licence dates for all drivers (best guess as to month and year obtained)
Driver1:
M or F:
DOB:
G1
G2
G
Driver2:
M or F:
DOB:
G1
G2
G
5- did you do driver training? (which drivers did)
6- how far do you commute daily (1 way) for each car?
7- personal/commute or business use?
8- year make model and mods (if any)
9- list any claims/accidents in past 6 yrs (for each driver, provide dates)
10- list any convictions in past 3 yrs (for each driver, provide dates)
11- number of cars in the household.
12- have you had auto insurance before (or been listed on a policy as a driver)?
13- do you have property insurance that you could bundle with the car to get the multi-policy discount?
Depending on the week, I can usually get back to you within a few hours; worst case, next day.

General disclaimer:
Some companies are using what is called 'individualized rating' so your EXACT information makes a difference. So, for the bast rate, give me your commute distance down to the KM, your exact age and licence dates (as best you can do) saying 2 tickets in the past 3 yrs isn't going to give you the same rate as 2 tickets both 2 yrs ago.

If you are claiming to be a secondary driver, know this: if your parents have their own car, they can't be rated as the primary driver on your car as well.

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #6
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
wrong thread.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black

Last edited by propr'one; 11-29-2010 at 12:53 PM.
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #7
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneVR! View Post
isnt that the truth!

funny enough last week on Z103 i heard a report that Hammer read up on that something like 60+% of insurance claims in ontario are from....................

Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #8
Tommy Boy
bAaAM!

cool im gonna work on filling those answers out, have you found good rates for many people on here? can any one vouch for you?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #9
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Try CIBC or Royal Bank insurance.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
cool im gonna work on filling those answers out, have you found good rates for many people on here? can any one vouch for you?
I have done a few policies for people on maX. Obviously I can't say who because of privacy laws. Maybe if they read this they will chime in. Rest assured, we treat our customers well. A good portion of our clients have been with us for over 20 years. This is a family business built on referrals. If I'm not here my brother or my Dad is, along with 30 other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
Try CIBC or Royal Bank insurance.
Aside from having the customer service reps on the same payroll as the claims adjusters (who are you going to call if you have a issues with a claim, another employee of that company?); Direct writers like, RBC, BelAir, Certas (CIBC), Primmum, etc. only have 1 rate available to you. If you don't like your renewal price your choices are: leave or start calling endlessly for quotes. This is where it pays to deal with an insurance broker; they represent multiple companies and can be your advocate if the company isn't being fair. If you rate goes up your broker can quickly and easily shop their markets for you. My office works with 10 different companies for personal auto insurance.

Whether you end up getting a quote from me or not, weigh your options. Try to get a policy through an insurance broker; you'll end up, not only with a policy but also with an advisor who you can turn to for advice.

1998 328ic - Sold
Old 11-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #11
damameke
6th Gear Member

Loyalty to an insurance company does not pay.....I have been with TD for too many years and rates went up every year, this year it went up alot decided to check around and I am with RBC now,, substantial saving....

Lesson learn: get a quote very time it's up for renewal...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #12
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneVR! View Post
isnt that the truth!

If that report is true, it would have been claims dollars, not necessarily # of claims.

This just came down the pipe today...

If your rates went up this year you can blame your neighbours!!

1998 328ic - Sold
Old 11-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #13
damameke
6th Gear Member

From the Brampton Guardian...

By PAM DOUGLAS

Nov 22, 2010 - 7:53 PM
|
1 .Crash claims questioned by police

Peel Regional Police say an Allstate Insurance study claiming Brampton has the highest automobile crash rate in Ontario is flawed.

The study is based on Allstate-insured drivers, and only about six per cent of Brampton’s drivers are insured by that company, according to police.

Also, despite what is being reported, the statistics are not based on where collisions occur, but where the vehicles involved in collisions are registered. So, a vehicle that crashes in Toronto is counted as a Brampton crash in the study if the vehicle is registered to a Brampton address. That means the statistics do not accurately reflect how many crashes are actually occurring in this city, according to police.

Peel Regional Police say they sought clarification from Allstate on the study results when it became apparent the insurance company’s numbers didn’t match up with police statistics.

The study indicates Brampton’s crash record is worse than in years previous, but local crash statistics are actually going down, according to police.

“This survey does the residents of the City of Brampton a disservice because our statistics are actually down this year compared to last,” according to Peel spokesman Const. Adam Minnion.

Last year, there was an average of 2,332 crashes each month in Brampton and Mississauga combined, but this year the average is 2,279, or 53 fewer each month, according to Minnion.

That, despite a 12 per cent increase in the number of vehicles registered locally.

That means, more cars are registered here, but the number of collisions actually dropped 2.3 per cent this year compared to last, according to police statistics.

There are close to one million vehicles registered in the Region of Peel.

The Allstate study was based on collisions between 2007-2010 and it rates 50 communities across Ontario. The insurance company said it does not use the study to determine auto insurance rates.

The study did show that, out of every 100 vehicles insured by Allstate and registered to Brampton addresses, 6.1 were the subject of collision claims in 2010, but it is not known where those collisions occurred.

damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #14
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

The writer of the article and the peel police mis-understood. That report wasn't trying to show what cities are dangerous to drive in (which is what they assumed). The intent of that report was to show where the owners of the crashed cars live. Your address is partially how your rate is determined. Insurance companies don't rate you based on where you drive; they rate based on where you garage your car. Which is why this report is relevant. We ask how far your commute is, not what roads you drive to work or the address of your place of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
The Allstate study was based on collisions between 2007-2010 and it rates 50 communities across Ontario. The insurance company said it does not use the study to determine auto insurance rates.

Like heck they don't.

Interesting to see how the media interprets this stuff...nice find damameke.

1998 328ic - Sold
Old 12-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #15
Tommy Boy
bAaAM!

i answered the policy questions in a pm hockeyfan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: