Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: best place to do a E30 S52 conversion
rmp 39 67.24%
bimmersport 9 15.52%
simply cars 0 0%
someone else 10 17.24%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #16
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR_84 View Post
Which company do you work for? I think I remember reading in an old thread you were with Bimmersport, but just making sure. Do you work on newer vehicles like X6's as well?
I use to work for them.

Click on the link in my signature for our info.

www.StanceFactory.com

Last edited by ZiMMie; 11-25-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #17
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Speak to each of them or visit them and decide for yourself which one you feel better about.

You'll be spending alot of money, so do your research.

and yea as Terry said, Add StanceFactory to your list.
+1 Impartial advice..

all that you have listed. including StanceFactory and Bimmex are capable of doing the swap but speak to each personally..their knowledge and personality will let you decide which one you feel better with......
Old 11-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #18
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
+1 Impartial advice..

all that you have listed. including StanceFactory and Bimmex are capable of doing the swap but speak to each personally..their knowledge and personality will let you decide which one you feel better with......
I personally wouldn't choose a mechanic the way I would choose a secretary. I say find as many people as you can who have had work like that done by a shop in question, and see how they like it, look at how it was done. If it looks good, the price was good (the client will tell you the real poop on how much it cost in the end, no estimates) and the experience sounds like something you'd want to go through, then go with that shop.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #19
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
I personally wouldn't choose a mechanic the way I would choose a secretary. I say find as many people as you can who have had work like that done by a shop in question, and see how they like it, look at how it was done. If it looks good, the price was good (the client will tell you the real poop on how much it cost in the end, no estimates) and the experience sounds like something you'd want to go through, then go with that shop.
You will not get a concensus regarding a particular sponsor here that is great in doing the work.. from previous posts you have seen RMP and Bimmersport and Stancefactory mentioned.. they are all capable . at the same times there are threads in here with posters complaining about sponsor's services

I am using one of the sponsor here and the services were great and I would have point him to the shop I use...but its best that OP speak and check out all the shops he mentioned personally....
Old 11-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #20
yuiou
Driver

go to StanceFactory....
you wont be disappointed.....top notch guys
Old 11-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #21
Blocked_Out
Banned

If you really have money to throw away for something that can be done yourself, then go send that money to people in need. You know, some people in this world are starving.

On the other hand, if you dont care about people starving, your only choice would be to go to RMP.

Bimmersport are shady and can never get the work done the first time, you will be forced to leave your car there for weeks on end.

Stancefactory is relatively new and doesnt have much documented experience.

RMP are the guys who will get it right, right the first time> this is actually the definition of quality.

There is also another place that I can recommend for you, those guys are Top of the Top, and the price will be to follow.
http://www.engineeredautomotive.com/?page_id=27

Make your decision.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:00 PM   #22
///M-TRD3
Modeldater

To the original poster, take your car to Stance Factory (Member 'Zimmie' in this thread). It would carry a lot of weight in my decision to know that the mechanic working on the car has had this type of swap in his own PERSONAL car in the past, which he carried out himself. You can imagine the attention to detail you would exercise if doing this yourself, so if the shop owner/technician has been in that position previously as well as done it again for later clientele, you can imagine how thorough his credentials would be. Call Stance Factory and discuss it with Mike, I think you will find the inquiry advantageous regardless of the direction you decide to go in with your car.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:49 PM   #23
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked_Out View Post
If you really have money to throw away for something that can be done yourself, then go send that money to people in need. You know, some people in this world are starving.

On the other hand, if you dont care about people starving, your only choice would be to go to RMP.

Bimmersport are shady and can never get the work done the first time, you will be forced to leave your car there for weeks on end.

Stancefactory is relatively new and doesnt have much documented experience.

RMP are the guys who will get it right, right the first time> this is actually the definition of quality.

There is also another place that I can recommend for you, those guys are Top of the Top, and the price will be to follow.
http://www.engineeredautomotive.com/?page_id=27

Make your decision.
Why would you mention EA? I doubt the original owner said he wanted to piss away his funds. Especially after the opening line in your post.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #24
hereforaday
1st Gear Newbie

thank you everyone for you input. I'm glad to of found a forum where it doesn't turn into a bitch fest or bashing arena.
Someone recommended auto evolution in Oakville, I'm going to start there as it's close to where I live, next looks like I'm going to RMP.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #25
Blocked_Out
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
Why would you mention EA? I doubt the original owner said he wanted to piss away his funds. Especially after the opening line in your post.

I like to mention EA whenever I can. It sets a standard for other shops.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:00 AM   #26
Boris@RMP
Banned

There is no substitute for experience, so RMP is the only way to go. If you want your swap to be done in a timely fashion with the highest quality and reliability. We will get it done right and you wont have to go through the stress of bringing your car back to us because something wasn't done properly or not up to par with your expectations. With us its done right the first time every time. PM me with any questions or better yet call the shop 905 951 0002 or 416 679 0302. You can also visit our site www.RMPmotors.com
Old 11-30-2010, 03:36 AM   #27
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked_Out View Post
I like to mention EA whenever I can. It sets a standard for other shops.
It's not my intention to mention other shops other than those who sponsor this site but if I did, I'd have to mention that Bavarian Motors is a good choice to do that work also. Especially if someone is going to mention EA. Why didn't you mention them, or have you not heard of them?

But of the shops listed in the poll, one shop is out in front by a wide margin. And Stance Factory should be able to handle this but was not even part of the poll. This conversion is not a really hard job and many places can do it correctly unless they are completely incompetent.

EA's pricing is much more than 99% of the people on this forum would be willing to pay. It's not good value.

Last edited by MarkD; 11-30-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #28
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

The swap is a relatively simple, and common swap. We've done these swaps and incl the Euro S50B32 swap many times. Our website has a gallery with a few pics of the conversions (http://bimmersport.ca/gallery). One of our techs only has E30s, and has done this swap on almost every (I lost count of how many) E30s he has incl a turbo setup on the M50 motor.

Keep in mind...2 of our swapped E30s are competition drift, and one was in Targa 2010.

Whether you come or not, I'll give you some NON BIASED advice. Use as many new parts as possible, and do a freshen up of the motor before it goes in. I'd hate to have a swap done, and have to worry about things to do through out the summer. I'm talking tune up, cooling system etc, any small oil leaks, header swap, and to top it off...3.5" HFM, and a nice tune.

Good luck with your project.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 11-30-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #29
Gemini323
2nd Gear Member

I would say go to RMP

I did that swap in my first E30, with no problems

And from what I know the crack head that bought it is still driving it

As for bimmersport
Not to bash but I didn't have the best experence there with my e46

2000 323 CI

Last edited by Gemini323; 11-30-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 11-30-2010, 09:30 PM   #30
fastfive40
1st Gear Newbie

I have to chime in and cast a big vote of confidence for RMP. I have been extremely satisfied with Rocco's work, his experience and immense knowledge of these cars is clearly reflected in his work. RMP is the only shop to touch my E60 545 and E92 M3...and if I was doing a project like your planned E30 swap then I would definitely want someone who is as proven, meticulous and honest as Rocco.
Closed Thread

Tags
bimmersport, rmp, simply cars, someone else

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: