Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Looking for
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
Lancew
1st Gear Newbie

LF 3.25 LSD for E30

I am looking for a 3.25 LSD for my E30 race car. I have been running an S52 with a Getrag 260 and 3.73. For next summer, I am going to switch to a ZF tranny and I need a 3.25 LSD for it. I am also looking for a drive shaft for this set up. Not even sure what I need for that? Anyone?
Thanks,
Lancew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
BigD
the misanthropist

Get the driveshaft and flex disc that came with the car (328/m3 5spd). Swap on the hanger bearing that's correct for your car.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
Lancew
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks BigD,
Just so I am clear, I just keep my hanger bearing and use the entire drive shaft from the M3? Or do I use the hanger bearing and back half from the E30 drive shaft?
Thanks,
Lancew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
bmwphatpat
New & Old

I have a 3.25 LSD for you - recently pulled out of an '85 E24, 240k km, turns well, light surface rust only. You'd have to swap the output flanges and rear cover to E30 ones, but otherwise bolts right up. I want $300 for it, the catch is I'm in Calgary, so shipping cost would be extra, and these diffs are heavy!

I have an S52 E30 as well and am running a ZF with '98 E36 M3 manual driveshaft, with E30 CSB mounted backwards, and E36 M3 guibo. Theres a lot of debate about which way to mount the CSB - forwards/backwards as it affects the drveshaft angle, some guys have worn out their CSB really fast, but mine so far is fine. Stay away from the E36 DS from auto cars or the ones with CV style universal joints in the rear as the consensus is they won't work with your set-up. You want the '98-'99 manual M3/328i driveshaft. Also make sure to use new nuts for the guibo and rear diff flange to DS as they're one time use, and bad things happen if they loosen off.

Let me know if you want the diff.
bmwphatpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #5
xsd_crew
2nd Gear Member

E 30 diff

Hi,
I have an E30 Diff - not sure how to tell Ratio.
Its been sitting in my Garage for 2 years.
You can have it for $120 see pic Ad on Kijiji.
905 510 4883 in Oakville
xsd_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
canuckder
4th Gear Member

you can take the cover off, and count the gearing teeth and divide them .

or, you can turn the drive shaft, and see how many turns it takes to turn the cv shaftss.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: