Originally Posted by DTC9968
I just purchased a 2002 X5 4.4i
I bought it for a good deal but I knew it had some issues that I can fix but a few I want to get your opinion on.
1. Need brakes and pads - Ok with that as I am mechanically inclined
2. Rear trunk button does not work - Fuse or something more?
3. Drivers door handle - understand you replace the mechanism - Yes or No?
4. Whirring noise up front - Wheel bearings?
5. Codes come up - Secondary air Injection system bank 1
- Secondary air Injection system bank 2
- What needs to be done here or replaced?
6. Left front inner tie rod end. Ok with that.
7. Where can I get an owners manual or a Factory Service Manual
Thanks for the help in advance.
2. Rear trunk latch is a whole assembly that has the license plate tail lamps built into it (solid state sealed circuit board inside) and the pin connectors usually corrode after 3 to 5 years. I had to fab my own harness for the tail lamp/truck popper from scratch (got parts from Maranello) = wires, pigtails, clips, and assembly.
The connector that sockets into the lamp assembly corrodes to the pin connector (that is recessed inside the assembly), to be specific.