Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Other BMW Parts
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
santiago
1st Gear Newbie

E30: Euro Smileys Projectors, Euro Grills, Mats

I have for sale:
- Euro Smileys (includes City Lights) with Pigtails $200 (some bulbs included but don't know if they're good or not)
- Euro Grills $60
- Black Mats $40

This is the story. I bought the Smileys and Euro Grills from a guy in Europe who parts cars. I knew they weren't perfect especially for the price but when they got here I found they needed more TLC than I was willing to put in to them. The vendor is willing to take them back but I told him to hold off as I would try to sell them locally at the same price I paid them so that he could avoid paying for shipping back to him. If no one is interested, I'll just ship them back to him.

Pics down at the bottom of what I consider the issues with the lights. The grills are fine.

The mats were mine and I simply replaced them with some really hot coco mats. Pics to come, I forgot to take pics.

Full photos found here: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredi...jAE&feat=email

Euro Smileys

Euro Grills

Black Mats
Pictures to come.

The Issues
One cap is cracked so something must be done to secure the plug correctly.

One of the aiming screws has fallen out of its plastic nut to retain it to the bezel. The plastic piece is in there loose and needs to be either threaded in or possibly replaced (or another way of securing).

This is what it should look like.

Visit my E46 Touring DIY Site

I can only please one person per day.
Today is not your day.
Tomorrow doesn't look good either.

santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

is there anything wrong with the euro grills???
BmW1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

you can replace the retainer cap for the adjuster for pennies from a dealer. As for the cap for the headlight socket - that I don't know.
You can get Euro smileys off e-bay for about the same money brand new with all hardware/wiring/bulbs included for DLRL - DEPOT.

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!
Ceeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
santiago
1st Gear Newbie

Oh yeah, one last thing. Stuff is in Canada so no duties, brokerage fees, GST or PST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmW1819 View Post
is there anything wrong with the euro grills???
Nope, nothing wrong with them at all. The link to the Picasa album shows more pics of the grills (front and back).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeker
you can replace the retainer cap for the adjuster for pennies from a dealer. As for the cap for the headlight socket - that I don't know.
You can get Euro smileys off e-bay for about the same money brand new with all hardware/wiring/bulbs included for DLRL - DEPOT.
Thanks for the info. I suspect the cap can be sourced from someone like http://www.gutenparts.com/.

I really wanted to go with a European manufacturer and wanted to avoid the Chinese-made Depots. I was almost going to get a brand new set from Abraham Motorsports but came across this used set and decided to see if it was worth it.

I'm restoring a really hot E30 Mtech 2-appearance cab and have been slowly building it up. The used lights were too much of a compromise for me. Maybe if I had a daily driver/beater but not for my new baby. I'll be ordering a brand new set from Abraham Motorsports.

Today is not your day.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago View Post
Oh yeah, one last thing. Stuff is in Canada so no duties, brokerage fees, GST or PST.

Nope, nothing wrong with them at all. The link to the Picasa album shows more pics of the grills (front and back).

Thanks for the info. I suspect the cap can be sourced from someone like http://www.gutenparts.com/.

I really wanted to go with a European manufacturer and wanted to avoid the Chinese-made Depots. I was almost going to get a brand new set from Abraham Motorsports but came across this used set and decided to see if it was worth it.

I'm restoring a really hot E30 Mtech 2-appearance cab and have been slowly building it up. The used lights were too much of a compromise for me. Maybe if I had a daily driver/beater but not for my new baby. I'll be ordering a brand new set from Abraham Motorsports.
I actually saw the DEPOT brand and I have to say the quality is pretty darned good. hard pressed to find Euro glass unmolested or pitted.

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!
Ceeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #6
santiago
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeker View Post
I actually saw the DEPOT brand and I have to say the quality is pretty darned good. hard pressed to find Euro glass unmolested or pitted.
We're going offtopic here but I don't mind the free bumps.

I'll be going with a brand new set of Hellas from Abraham Motorsports. They are pricey but they wil look great on my car. Since my cab gets stored in the winter and I would typically drive my Touring on a rainy day, they will look great for a long time. http://www.abrahamsmotorsport.com/e30.html

Today is not your day.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
The Question
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeker View Post
I can't comment indepth on the depo quality, but having seen both, I'd still have to say nothing beats OEM Hella or Bosch and it is worth it to pay the bit more.
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #8
E36is
'OldSchool..'

i need a set of hella or euro/us ellipsoids for my e30. anybody have connections on where i can find some locally (GTA)
Old 11-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #9
santiago
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36is View Post
i need a set of hella or euro/us ellipsoids for my e30. anybody have connections on where i can find some locally (GTA)
I'm willing to ship. If you want better pics let me know but what I have in the Picassa album is pretty complete.

Today is not your day.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #10
supernaught
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to supernaught
pics of the mats when you get a chance?

88 325IX TOURING DiamantSchwarz|89 325IX AlpinWeiss|88 325IX DiamantSchwarz
supernaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:39 AM   #11
santiago
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaught View Post
pics of the mats when you get a chance?
Thanks for the reminder and sorry for the delay. I couldn't post yesterday due to the database errors that were happening. Here are the pics:

Today is not your day.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #12
JSPEC
2nd Gear Member

E30 Black Mats still for sale?
JSPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:02 PM   #13
santiago
1st Gear Newbie

Yes, mats are still for sale. I have so much interest in this but have kept track of who asked first. I've had questions about shipping cost, the condition, what the backs look like, etc.

I estimated shipping to Ontario using Xpresspost (insured 2 day delivery) at $15 so the mats are $55 shipped.

I've had requests to see the backs:

I added many more pics on my Picasa album: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredi...jAE&feat=email

So here are my thoughts:
- These are 18 year old mats
- I think they're original as they came on my E30 but I'm the 3rd or 4th owner so no idea if they're original to the car or BMW original but from the pics I've seen online, these do look to be original.
- the backs are pretty good. None of the foam is worn through but you can see that there are some rough spots. I think the fact that it came off of a Cabrio that was stored in the winter meant it got less beat up than sedan or coupe mats.
- the crease you see in the pics can bunch up but I just got into the habit of pulling on the mats from time to time.
- they are black mats but do look a little faded. I tried to capture that in the pics (tons of pics in my Picasa photo album I linked to above).

Finally - the Hella Euro Smileys and Euro Grills are still for sale. I'll be sending them back by the end of this week but make offers. Maybe the vendor will accept one of the offers so start making offers.

Today is not your day.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #14
santiago
1st Gear Newbie

Mats are sold!

Who would have thought I'd get rid of the mats so easily but have almost no interest in the smileys and grills.

Today is not your day.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #15
325isStephen
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I can't comment indepth on the depo quality, but having seen both, I'd still have to say nothing beats OEM Hella or Bosch and it is worth it to pay the bit more.
I have to agree 100%

I currently own a set of Bosch euro smiley's. Quality is very good, especially being 20 years old. I also owned a set of brand new depo's. The quality is so far from the Bosch and hella counterparts, I prefer metal over cheap plastic.

Sorry to go off topic, but I'd just like to point out that this is a great deal.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: