Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #31
98M3NACE
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
you really don't know how to use a BB, I can read BBM without the other person knowing, it's very easy, and after reading it it will still say unread, I use my BB as a music player as well & movie player to, my BB can play DivX, can't say the same about your iPhone, I can also transfer music & movies onto my phone by just click, drag & drop, don't need to convert anything or use iTunes(which I really hate), also the external speaker on any iPhone product is horrible, it's like half the volume(if that) of a BB, people are always trying to show me these fancy videos on their iPhone, but you can't hear anything with the external speaker.
i know if you didnt click on the message it wouldnt show as received but if you didnt already have that convo open you cant read the full message if its beyond a couple of words long

this debate could rage on for days bb was not for me with the shitty cam crappy web browser, lacking in apps, and no ipod (itunes is prob the easiest program to use, but i am a mac user so maybe thats why)
Old 11-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #32
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
you really don't know how to use a BB, I can read BBM without the other person knowing, it's very easy, and after reading it it will still say unread, I use my BB as a music player as well & movie player to, my BB can play DivX, can't say the same about your iPhone, I can also transfer music & movies onto my phone by just click, drag & drop, don't need to convert anything or use iTunes(which I really hate), also the external speaker on any iPhone product is horrible, it's like half the volume(if that) of a BB, people are always trying to show me these fancy videos on their iPhone, but you can't hear anything with the external speaker.
VLC for iphone plays any format
Old 11-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #33
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
Unless they were out of the country or in a bunker for days, there is NO WAY! they didn't receive the text.
Literally. Messages will try to go through for 48+ hrs I believe.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #34
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98M3NACE View Post
this debate could rage on for days bb was not for me with the shitty cam crappy web browser, lacking in apps, and no ipod (itunes is prob the easiest program to use, but i am a mac user so maybe thats why)
I might have been not for you, but BB's aren't shitty as a phone and messaging device it's far superior then an iPhone. The camera on my 9700 (3.2MP) is just fine for a phone & the tight integration with BBM makes instantly sending pics a snap. Besides up until the IP4 iPhone users had really crappy cameras btw

App's & iPod? Meh, it's a phone not a toy. I cannot play games on a phone, after 2 mins I get bored/frustrated (yes I've owned an iPhone).
Old 11-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #35
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
You really think people BELIEVE you when you tell them, "sorry I didn't get your text??" Hahah
Crock of shit and I would call you on it! I;ve asked friends who used that excuse on me to show me their phone, then I would scroll through their messages and show them that they DID infact receive it.

Unless they were out of the country or in a bunker for days, there is NO WAY! they didn't receive the text.

Edit, BB all the way! ( I went from I phone to BB)
yes they do, and i wouldn't let you or anyone else play with my phone. Even if i did, i could easily delete that one text message and then you'd be convinced i never got it!

I turn the antenna off on my iphone (save battery) sometimes for days at a time. (if you use a 4G only as an ipod, it will last like a week and a half)

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #36
sands
3rd Gear Member

I got my first Blackberry this year. I love my 9700.
BBM is awesome ^.^
I'm sticking to BBs from now on
To each their own though!
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #37
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
yes they do, and i wouldn't let you or anyone else play with my phone. Even if i did, i could easily delete that one text message and then you'd be convinced i never got it!

I turn the antenna off on my iphone (save battery) sometimes for days at a time. (if you use a 4G only as an ipod, it will last like a week and a half)
I wouldn't want you as my friend if you are a knieving(sp?) individual like that.

Turn off the antenna on your phone?? Serious?

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual-Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;Spacers;Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #38
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I wouldn't want you as my friend if you are a knieving(sp?) individual like that.
Yepp, sounds like he's got a lot to hide or to be ashamed of.

Quote:
Turn off the antenna on your phone?? Serious?
Was thinking the same... who the heck turns off their phone these days? I'm not the type to go crazy if I happen to forget my phone at home for instance.

But to deliberately turn off your phone if you have it with you?
Old 11-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #39
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands View Post
I got my first Blackberry this year. I love my 9700.
BBM is awesome ^.^
I'm sticking to BBs from now on
To each their own though!
OOH YEA another chicky with a BB....well hello there sands

i have a blackberry too and i think you should add me...that UFC ass is so hawt

ill pm you my pin!!!!

Old 11-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #40
2slow2race
6th Gear Member

my brother just came to me and was like, what should i get?

iphone4? bb bold 9780? or bb torch 9800?

i think my opinion will be bold 9780.
still have not used a torch or seen one. iphone nah.

ps. i have a 9700 bold. well 2. one for work, one personal.
pss. bb>iphone
2slow2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #41
sands
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
OOH YEA another chicky with a BB....well hello there sands

i have a blackberry too and i think you should add me...that UFC ass is so hawt

ill pm you my pin!!!!

ROFL!!! You're a goof.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #42
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
But to deliberately turn off your phone if you have it with you?
I hate my phone and would leave it off all the time if i could.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:19 PM   #43
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
I hate my phone and would leave it off all the time if i could.
So get rid of it?

I don't see how you can embrace a technology and then hate it at the same time. Either you carry a phone on you or you don't.

On top of that, you're using one of the most advanced smart phones out there to date. I'm quite confused.

If you're looking for a simple communications tool, why not pick up a pay as you go or emergency line simple dumb phone and turn it on only when you need to contact someone. And replace your eyepod with an eyetouch or other similar device.

Problem solved.

Fact is wireless communications is a way of life now. That we used them to be more integrated and more available at any time is just the cost of having such devices. Time to accept it. As with most things in live, you cannot always have your cake and eat it too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: