Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Which one would you buy (2003-2006 model)? Keep in mind its a working vehicle
X5 3.0 10 21.28%
X5 4.4 V8 3 6.38%
X5 4.8is 26 55.32%
Other 8 17.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #16
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

guys those are all great points!

I have to say tho I NEED an SUV. I haul alot of shit as well for my other business, so carrying equipment, refreshments and snacks etc every couple of weeks. I load my 3 series right now and i still have to make 2-3 trips in the same day! Thats shitty!

In terms of salesperson, I would definitely get a 5 series or E class, but it will still keep me with the same dilema I have now interms of haulage.

Ive been in real estate for over 10 years come January....I know all to well how prospective clients see you, 90% of them look at what you have and what you own/wear before they decide to use your services even AFTER you speak to them!

We actually had a brokers meeting earlier this year with new agents and do you know what the #1 question was, that clients asked agents with "not so presentable" vehicles??

How much discount do you offer on your commission?

Agents who show "success" and have that presentation very rarily drop their commission. Thats a poll taken within our 9 offices. 15% of those agents that have the cars, cloths aka Presentation rarily drop their commission. The rest do not drop it at all!

Agents like myself (when I first started years ago, I drove a VW Jetta) dropped our commission just to make sales and try to make ends meat.

I purchased a BMW at the recommendation of my then manager, and that year I was able to close out my year 39% higher sales than my previous 4 years, this during the down turn of the market!

Presentation in sales like Real Estate is 90% visual, 10% verbal/non verbal!

I think that some of the guys have it right! I think a I3.0 is a great idea debadged with some sweet 4.8is rims!!

I heard as well repairs on the V8's are a nightmare when shit starts to really hit the fan.

PS. Thanks for the move mods!
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #17
e36rok
2nd Gear Member

If you make 3 trips in a 3 series you'll still make 2 in an X5. Unless you get a Suburban or a trailer I don't see how you'll solve that one. Seperate $2500 Suburban on the side...?
e36rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #18
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

you didnt read that I need a presentable vehicle?
Its still bigger overall with storage and seats down for hauling shit.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #19
overlordjd
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneVR! View Post
you didnt read that I need a presentable vehicle?
Its still bigger overall with storage and seats down for hauling shit.
I for one would love for you to get the 4.8is, but being a practical person you should get the 3.0 and still have the same status with better fuel economy.

Spacewise, there is not much of a difference between the x5 and your car with the exception of when you are not carrying passengers and you fold down the rear seats.

good luck with whatever you finally decide on.
overlordjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #20
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

^^
thats the idea. The haulage use is when im not with clients.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #21
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Lease a diesel x5. 10L / 100 while hauling ass 24/7, 3 year warranty, income tax write off. It's the only way to do business, not dealing with 5+ year old cars for your livelihood.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #22
330Hi
4th Gear Member

I'd like to know what common repairs does the 4.8 or 4.6 or even the 3.0 for that matter require?

---------------------
330Hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:07 AM   #23
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
Lease a diesel x5. 10L / 100 while hauling ass 24/7, 3 year warranty, income tax write off. It's the only way to do business, not dealing with 5+ year old cars for your livelihood.
That was my 1st choice to be honest but I dont have the budget for 900+ monthly PLUS insurance right now.

Even the Merc 2006 Diesel..... still leaves me outside my current budget.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:15 AM   #24
e36rok
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneVR! View Post
you didnt read that I need a presentable vehicle?Its still bigger overall with storage and seats down for hauling shit.
You didn't read that I said on the side...? A 3 series is not presentable? Why not get a used hauler in ADDITION to you current 3 series, you'll have a good truck and won't have to compromise your daily.

I don't understand why people try to do everything with a single car, business, personal, summer, winter, vacation. Unless it's on a lease and you're making one single payment and worrying about nothing else, then good luck.

Sounds to me like you need a beater to haul shit and a good looking car to show to clients, but you want both.
e36rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #25
///Maluco
5erholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36rok View Post
I don't understand why people try to do everything with a single car, business, personal, summer, winter, vacation. Unless it's on a lease and you're making one single payment and worrying about nothing else, then good luck.

Sounds to me like you need a beater to haul shit and a good looking car to show to clients, but you want both.
It sounds as though space may be limited for him therefore he needs to have a vehicle that will provide more than one 'need' as he mentioned.

Those of us that live in the city don't have the driveway/garage space others may have in the suburbs/countryside.

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #26
330Hi
4th Gear Member

I suggest current or ex owners of X5's chime in...

---------------------
330Hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #27
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

I did some research on the 01-03 4.6iS, unfortunately those things are pretty notorious for expensive repairs. Go do some reading on xoutpost.com (or something like that) and you will quickly sway your mind and run away, they sounded just as bad as Range Rovers, maybe even worse?

Tranny issues at about 160-200K, electrical problems, rear SLS problems, plus the many common issues associated with the cooling system of V8's.

As awesome as those trucks are (especially in Imola red), make sure it has extended warranty or it is really low km's so as to at least give you a year or two of somewhat trouble free driving.

Nothing is sexier than the 4.XiS' on the road though.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #28
cisco911
6th Gear Member

Do you have a budget? With the Kms your doing, a diesel would definately be right up your alley. I know alot of real estate people that drive diesels. I would go with a E class diesel. If you really want an X5 and its in the budget, get the X5 diesel, but your looking at alot newer and pricier.

The 4.8is is baller, but the gas and repairs with the kms your going is gonna kill you!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #29
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

As much as i love the X5, and i am tempted of getting one, it is no real work horse. IMO a truck needs a full frame, all the interior room, and towing capacity...A domestic full size SUV would be my 1st choice, as you can get them very cheap, and they can do a LOT of work! You can get a 4 year old Expedition these days for 10K! On the high end of the scale you have the Navigator, Escalade, Aviator, etc...All of them would be a very presentable work horse, that can do anything you might need.
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #30
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

^^^ you don't need a full frame unless you're planning on hauling/towing lots of heavy crap. Which doesn't sound like the OP.

Full frame trucks/SUV's ride like crap. Even the tarted up ones like the (yuk) Escalades, Navigators, etc... They drive like old steam boats.

I could never see myself owning one as an only vehicle. It would be a work horse for specific purposes and only if I really had no choice in the matter.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: