Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-22-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Smile Lets talk about Canada and whats happening in the world.

recently me and few friends talked alot about what happening in Canada, Usa, ETC. Today i actually found an interesting talk by Gerald Celente on The Financial Sense, and thats exactly what we talked about. take 20 minutes and listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nFHv9ldHIg&feature=sub

Its funny how in France 3.5 people striked on Pension reform, which is maybe not such a big deal i think they want to change it from age 62 to age 64, and look what happened, people stand up strong, blocking airports ETC.

Now In Canada every 2-3 month Government just ripps off people with new taxes, higher insurance, raising this and that ETC and Noone gives a crap. People just accepting it, Is it because its too multicultural? Is it because people are too busy paying their bills and working 24/7 in debt, not following the news and not caring about what government actually does? Do you think there's a chance people in Canada/US will get tired of this and stand up like france or other countries?

Lets hear what you think.

p.s It wont let me share it on my facebook account! Haha, wonder whos afraid of that?

Last edited by AMG_POWER; 10-22-2010 at 12:43 AM.
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
I agree with you 100% and I dislike Ontario vehemently for that reason. Ontario, well, many already know my opinion about Ontario. It's a autocracy, plain and simple. majority of people in Ontario want to give up all their rights for a some warm Canadian wool over their eyes.

The same thing applies to BC, I think BC should just fall off the face of the continent since not only the government there is so disillusioned and out of touch, (the average price of a home is 1 million while the average salary is 30k). Furthermore, that whole province is run by the marijuana industry (it's largest contributor to BC's GDP) and foreign investments. Makes you wonder what the hell is the point of BC in the first place, since shipping things so far away makes us pay through our taxes anyway.

So aside from those places, you either have Calgary to choose from (which is cold and dry for half a year with absolutely nothing to do), or the maritime villages on the East coast which are equally as bad.

That is of course, you are willing to put up with the French and move to Montreal. I honestly think Montreal is the only city Canada has going for it that's not completely backward. It's relatively dynamic, pleasant, good food, relatively cheap rent, slightly better social services but slightly larger income taxes. Everything else is kinda the same as the rest of Canada, but still, a lot more livable. Thanks Canada for the transfer payments

If that still doesn't sound appealing, I suggest moving to the US. The dying economy is not very appealing to me because I don't want to think that my children will never be able to get a house loan on a regular salary. In any case 13 trillion dollar debt does not sit well with me.

Granted, I don't see Ontario, or even Montreal drastically improving over the next decade either. but, at least when 500,000 people left Montreal in 1970s the housing and infrastructure was already there, whereas Toronto got the shaft. That's really the main reason things are the way they are.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
By the way, the US has nothing to be "tired" of, have you checked the cost of daily items and things like car insurance? It costs someone in Chicago the same to insure a Gallardo that it costs someone to insure a 20 year old Caravan in Ontario, with the same record.

You can live very very comfortably in the US on $40k a year.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 AM   #4
simplycars
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
By the way, the US has nothing to be "tired" of, have you checked the cost of daily items and things like car insurance? It costs someone in Chicago the same to insure a Gallardo that it costs someone to insure a 20 year old Caravan in Ontario, with the same record.

You can live very very comfortably in the US on $40k a year.
yes, you can if you never get sick, have kids or get into any legal problem :-)
Old 10-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER View Post

Now In Canada every 2-3 month Government just ripps off people with new taxes, higher insurance, raising this and that ETC and Noone gives a crap. People just accepting it, Is it because its too multicultural? Is it because people are too busy paying their bills and working 24/7 in debt, not following the news and not caring about what government actually does? Do you think there's a chance people in Canada/US will get tired of this and stand up like france or other countries?
I'm with you .. people don't care unless its something in there native country (tamil's on Gardiner)

I think its the majority of people paying for things because its the best they can get and not complaining enough to the government or big industries.

The US gets unlimited data with the cell plans .. no one complains here ..

We have stupid people in government and people still go and vote (you can vote for no one and make it known but people dont know this)

the minority is sucking up this country .. bringing there whole family from where ever and working 2 years and they get the same pension as someone like you that worked for 20. wtf.

we are also the 7th most expensive city in the world. wtf.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
new_e46
3rd Gear Member

Canada is a fragmented country. When a country is fragmented, no one cares about social issues except their own business.
new_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
new_e46
3rd Gear Member

"the minority is sucking up this country .. bringing there whole family from where ever and working 2 years and they get the same pension as someone like you that worked for 20. wtf."

This annoys me the most. Check out Bill C428. This proposed bill by Liberal MP Bob Rae and Ruby Dhalla will give immigrants who have been here only 3 years a better pension than Canadians who have lived here all their lives.

This is just insane. So Canadians who were born here, worked hard all their lives here will get the same pension as some immigrant/refugee who been here for 3 years which they contributed nothing to the social benefit. To the immigrants/refugee, Canada looks like a land of free money and free health care. No wonder refugees loves Canada. It's easy to get in and once in Canada, they are elegible for all the social benefits Canada has to offer.

The only people who suffer are us Canadian who actually put our hard earned money into the system and yet we will never see a cent to our benefit.
new_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
e30blue
2nd Gear Member

Yea life is so hard having pineapple in November

also if you have ever voted liberal, and you have posted in this thread.. you are dumb
e30blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #9
fitter527
hates chrome

so liberal=dumb and pc =smart.that is why they have different political parties,to keep people divided and not to allow us to stand together as a whole.
nowadays does it really matter whos running the ship,they are all crooks looking to fatten their wallets.
i have never voted in my life and don't plan on it either.so i guess i dont have a right to complain about the government right.
i realized at an early age that it doesn't matter who's in,everyone of these scheisters promise the sun,moon and stars prior to election.once elected do they keep those promises,no.
so whos the dumb one,the one who votes liberal,the one who votes pc,the one who votes for one of the other parties?no, the dumb ones are the canadians who are fooled by all this BS.
fitter527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #10
davericher20
black and blue

where's BBB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30blue View Post
Yea life is so hard having pineapple in November

also if you have ever voted liberal, and you have posted in this thread.. you are dumb
I agree .. you have no say here .. all these stupid laws/taxes are mostly liberal doing. At least the conservatives tried to cut the GST.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #12
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
That is of course, you are willing to put up with the French and move to Montreal. I honestly think Montreal is the only city Canada has going for it that's not completely backward. It's relatively dynamic, pleasant, good food, relatively cheap rent, slightly better social services but slightly larger income taxes. Everything else is kinda the same as the rest of Canada, but still, a lot more livable. Thanks Canada for the transfer payments

Granted, I don't see Ontario, or even Montreal drastically improving over the next decade either. but, at least when 500,000 people left Montreal in 1970s the housing and infrastructure was already there, whereas Toronto got the shaft. That's really the main reason things are the way they are.
You are KIDDING right? I am a 15 year veteran of that god forsaken place. I would NEVER go back to Montreal. Ontario may have it's issues, but Montreal is worse. Rude people, shit streets, a government that can't get over internal fighting about separation, even after so many years.

We left in '90 - I was the HAPPIEST of my whole family. The day the peppers renamed my main street from St. Johns to St. Jean I wanted outta there.

No thank you...

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #13
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

the workers dont screw around in France...

and this place is so far down the hole its pretty bad but the majority lap it all up and feel nice and cozy with thier Canadian blankets wrapped aroudn them.
its seriously fail boat up in hurr and ive thought about leaving many times....

Last edited by SiR; 10-22-2010 at 03:40 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #14
325isdan
5th Gear Member

What is keeping you here?
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #15
arek
3rd Gear Member

Yeah AMG POWER

Life isn't as grand in Ukraine now, is it?? I have crossed the borders many times, and seen how people live there... where the average income is like 150-200$CDN /month..

Its not that bad here, and we should all be fortunate.. regardless.
arek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: