Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #61
Jonesin
2nd Gear Member

I've had good if not phenominal results with Chad at Frisby tire @ 425 Industrial. He was competent and quick, just didn't go out of his way for me. Mind you I have no 'history' with them having not long ago moved back from Calgary. That's East~ish.

Useful links click HERE
Member of the Non-M Bumper By Choice Club
Jonesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #62
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesin View Post
I've had good if not phenominal results with Chad at Frisby tire @ 425 Industrial. He was competent and quick, just didn't go out of his way for me. Mind you I have no 'history' with them having not long ago moved back from Calgary. That's East~ish.
I dealt with Chad twice. First time, awesome. Fixed me up with the exact specs I wanted. Second time, he tells me it's impossible and I should get camber bolts, even though he did it the time before....

I'm not sure what to say other than, I dont' go there anymore.

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #63
Jonesin
2nd Gear Member

Oh... And I should mention that Robson Racing uses Chad. He's their big secret. Oops. Did I let that one out?

Useful links click HERE
Old 03-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #64
Jonesin
2nd Gear Member

Okay, I hate to just meaninglessly bytch and whine, but I have a legitimate complaint here, and I sincerely hope that no one else is screwed by these guys.

I'll just post the link from bimmerfest, and if anyone asks via pm, I'll tell them which shop it was.

Here's the link to the thread.

Useful links click HERE
Old 03-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #65
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Link goes to the E36 forum section, not a thread. ?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #66
Jonesin
2nd Gear Member

My bad, here's the thread:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=517115

Useful links click HERE
Old 03-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #67
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Cliffs? 8 pages worth of, glad you're okay and snowstorm hullaballoo...

Oh, sorry about the car.

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

Last edited by carjoe; 03-07-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #68
Jonesin
2nd Gear Member

Cliffs is I took her to the shop for a new signal light, a new nose panel, a bumper cover and some paint. I get her back with this:

(Copied from page 7 of the 8 pages - the cliffs)

Okay, so I've gotten my car back, and for the first time in my life, I've seriously contemplated whether the homicide charge would be worth it.

This has taken me from Friday when I got my girl back until now to be calm enough to type this...

Issues (and note that these are upon recieving my girl back):

Fortunately not the new one from Randy, this is the original.
This one's self explanatory.

The bumper cover is uniformly low across the front of the car. the imbeciles didn't align it right.

Minor, however upon recieving my car back from a reputed body shop, the grills (that they installed) should be aligned straight.

New corner signal held on by tape? Or is this forgotten after they painted? I didn't dare remove it after seeing the other side.

How the @#$! do they think I'll not notice this?

Across from that tear, the tint is ripped. Again minor, but did these idiots lock my keys in the car and try a slim jim? I know I didn't get a call asking for a spare key. (Which I do have).

Seriously? I know that the handle was dangling (because that panel was removed), but they bloody well broke it.

And they have frayed the hell out of the cable and left me a pair of vice grips?!?

WTF were they doing under here? Why does my car no longer have a reverse gear? It's not that they were merely for lack of a better word, stupid, but they have actually done something so that my car no longer backs up?!? When you slide the shifter into any gear there is some slight resistance, the friction of the gears sliding into place. Not so any longer with reverse. now it feels unconnected to anything, the lever slides effortlessly.

Upon me getting the keys to my car I went outside ND DROVE ABOUT 3 Kms to a friends place, it was on this drive I noticed more and more and got angrier and angrier. I got to my destination, and got out my camera and took these. I called my insurance company, and asked them what they thought I should do. They instructed me to take it back there and discuss with the manager.

So I did.

I began pointing out the first few issues, I got as far as the tape, and Bob's response was "Yeah and?"

I beg your ****ing pardon?

I get my car baack from a 'reputable' body shop with more damage than after an accident and this is the first thing you say to me?

I show him the damage inside the car, to which he replies, "Well Mr. Jones, your car is in extremely rough shape".

Rough shape? Because I have some interior panels getting reupholstered? Because of some minor cancer on my hood?

I don't care if I brought this car in:

There is absofukinglutely no reason on this Earth for a 'Professional' shop to cause further damage to a vehicle under their care. Let alone one they just got paid over $2000 by an insurance company to fix.

Now. If anyone has any clue what I need to do at this point to prove that these assholes have caused my car to no longer reverse, please tell me. If anyone has a manual specific for the rebuilding of the ZF S5D 320Z tranny, please give me that link.

Yours in a white hot blistering rage.

Ed.

(I'll remove the pics in a day or two after people have seen 'em so as to not take over this thread for my own rant.)

Useful links click HERE
Old 03-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #69
zarbat007
3rd Gear Member

Holy shit, I'd be pissed.
Please PM me the name of this "reputable" shop.

Last edited by zarbat007; 03-07-2011 at 08:41 PM.
zarbat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #70
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Damn. You did the right thing by calling the insurance back. I'd keep on the insurance and let them know what happened. As far as where did you go, I've had great luck with 417 Nissan and Surgenor...

Good luck and I hope the insurance co makes it right.

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

Old 03-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #71
zarbat007
3rd Gear Member

Heck, you should mention the name of the said shop here as a warning to all other members.

I got really pissed just by reading this post. Ridiculous!
zarbat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #72
Jonesin
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarbat007 View Post
Heck, you should mention the name of the said shop here as a warning to all other members.

I got really pissed just by reading this post. Ridiculous!
I figure with proof of the damages caused it cannot be construed as libel...

it was Concordia Carstar at 1575 Cyrville Rd.
Bob is the name of the manager there.

Useful links click HERE
Old 06-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #73
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Just a quick note here,

We've heard great things about CT Carling, and Ralf the service manager there, and how he treats MCO members, but I had never been there for service till now, so decided to bring my Suburban there for some much needed work.

Man o man, glad I did! Awesome service, fair pirce, and the truck feels like new again ... needed major brake work (years of towing will do that!) and a boat load of general tune up items. Very satisfied with the service, and would heartily recommned then to anyone for anything.

Thanks, and HUGE

So, now I have 2 great places to take my cars/trucks when i don't have the time to do it myself: Metric Auto on Clyde, and Canadian Tire on Carling
Old 06-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #74
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

That is a sad situation! That shit would never fly with me, I would force him to fix everything that wasn't there before!

Good luck man, and thanks for letting us know which shop caused all that bs!

Work with the manager as much as you can and if he doesn't offer you a satisfactory solution/finish to this, I would really consider insurance/police.

Good luck!
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #75
chromius
6th Gear Member

Anybody have any experience with "Initial Tuning" off of Merivale? Specifically their body work. Not looking to have any mechanical work done, just repair my roof which was dented and chipped by a beer bottle landing on it .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: