Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-05-2010, 01:20 AM   #31
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

all i can say - not trying to cause more strife or drama is...
at the time he was still doing stuff out of his home so i don't know where he could've fit it even if he had the money..

and its hard to test drive & trace problems when Multiple other things are going on..leaking gas, oil, blowing headgaskets, etc...that he was fixing at the time, but yeah im severly frustrated at the sad state of my cars suspension & a few et cetera's..

back to why: hmm maybe one of the front struts are leaking? good thing they're rebuildable at least..

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 11-05-2010 at 01:23 AM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #32
bmdbley'sBro

the saga continues... they didn't get a chance on thurs, so it was'nt aligned!

so pick it up, pay, says tow was really off..drive it & due to traffic didn't get over 80kph, park at friends & chillax.. get in a little later less traffic get on the queensway as soon as i get to 100kph steering starts shaking out of my hand

I'll just have to assume buddy never got it over 100 on his test drive..cause you'd just figure general fkn human curiosity would make you want to figure out why its shaking. Oh and you can sell parts & labor..but nope, not my luck...

now i must go back & force this guy to get it to 100..*oh and later that day the guy the sold me the coilovers & set em up called me & could've looked at it today, but it was already back at the other place.

unreal eh?

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 11-06-2010 at 12:11 AM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:49 AM   #33
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

Adam you should write a book about your life... It sure wouldn't be a boring book lol
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:34 AM   #34
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Wheel shaking? LCA? Wheel balance? At least it's running, that's a far cry from where you were not long ago. There's a bright side to this. Somewhere...

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #35
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Alignment will never cause a shaking. Are you still running the E39 wheels? Are you 100% sure the rings are centering them properly? That's my bet. Otherwise, wheel bent could be the problem (even if they're balanced), and possibly a control arm bushing in the front or RTAB bushings (the one in front of the wheel). Heck, any bushing could cause a shake, since the loose bushing could start to oscillate at speed.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:08 PM   #36
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
Originally Posted by carjoe View Post
Wheel shaking? LCA? Wheel balance? At least it's running, that's a far cry from where you were not long ago. There's a bright side to this. Somewhere...
Thats true, motor doesn't leak a drop & runs great, eats that 10-12lbs awesomely.
and the tuning done by Turboready on software provided by bmwconnect is Great.
again cars runs really good!

if i can just figure this steering shake out before i mostly park it till Spring I might actually have a good summer with it, for a whole summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
Alignment will never cause a shaking. Are you still running the E39 wheels? Are you 100% sure the rings are centering them properly? That's my bet. Otherwise, wheel bent could be the problem (even if they're balanced), and possibly a control arm bushing in the front or RTAB bushings (the one in front of the wheel). Heck, any bushing could cause a shake, since the loose bushing could start to oscillate at speed.
no, winters are on now & thats when the shake got severe! with the style 5's it was pretty bad at between 95-110kph, but smooth'ish elsewhere..and those i had balanced back in the summer of 09..

could a dragging front calliper do this?
anywho the winter tires are amplifying something..

and you didn't buy much at the shoppers last night with your wife, huh?
ghoststalker
Old 11-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #37
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

You need to put her up on a hoist, visually and physically inspect

drive shaft center support bearing
Guibo
front and rear control arms
spin and shake the wheels by hand

use a pry bar lightly and try to move components side to side or up and down to check for excessive play

Last edited by bmwconnect; 11-07-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #38
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
and you didn't buy much at the shoppers last night with your wife, huh?
ghoststalker

I *thought* that was you, but wasn't sure. You missed the boat on the chocolate milk.. $0.99 per liter, so we bought the last EIGHT.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #39
bmdbley'sBro

dirty sanchez milk mustaches??

--

So whats wrong with the world today..can no one say 'sorry' anymore?

I imparted my feelings to Grant street garage today about my shaking steering & them obviously not test drving it at all or up to 100kph..
I even said i appreciate you can't do 100 on side streets but your 1.5 blocks from the 416, maybe you should start..

the reply: yeah well people don't want to pay for the extra LAbor..etc
and thats not the aligment thats probably tire balance..

me: yeah, which is why you need to test D to 100, cause when i brought it in I Said: its all over the place & steering shakes at 100..alignment, front wheel balance (2things)

reply: Look we told you your camber was very severe and we'd need to spend hour$ adjusting that,,

me: so camber can make my steering shake? bud its not even that low..
reply: no its probably your wheels needing balance..
me: yeah its something for sure..but thats why You need to test drive the cars to hi-way speeds!..

then he immediately jumped back into my camber...I said we're talking in circles here. he's like yeah i gotta go, bring it buy tomorrow.

...........fuk my life
Old 11-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #40
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

Take it to autovation!!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #41
Bimmer p.i.
2nd Gear Member

I agree! Mike and Derek at Autovation have done great things for me! I am new to my Bimmer and they have done nothing but steer me right (no pun intended) since day 1!
silver 2006 Dodge Charger SXT - performance chip, blue filter Cold Air Intake, 18" chrome 10-spoke rims, custom graphics, leather, custom vinyl interior dress-up, chrome trim package, chrome grill, custom "Punisher" hood badge
Bimmer p.i. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #42
msinger
3rd Gear Member

Auswil in Almonte -- Ryan has never let me down

TurboReady -- Raph knows his shit no doubt, I haven't had any issues at all with the IX, but scheduling is not the best.....
msinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #43
radi0activem
3rd Gear Member

Is there anything in the East side of Ottawa? Everything decent seems to be west.

I need my Thrust Arms replaced.

I've done ALL my own work to this point (shocks, springs, bushings, brakes, valve cover gasket, VANOS gaskets, etc) but these thrust arms are kicking my ass. I'm fed up with trying to get the front end of my 2003 530 apart. I have the new arms ready to go.

Any suggestions would be great!

Looking to get them done ASAP.
radi0activem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #44
carjoe
6th Gear Member

How East? I've been goign to Precision Auto off Innes. They've been good except for the latest round of vaccuum leaks...

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #45
radi0activem
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carjoe View Post
How East? I've been goign to Precision Auto off Innes. They've been good except for the latest round of vaccuum leaks...
I'm in Orleans. That place is right around the corner from there. Do you know what their hourly rate is off the top of your head?
radi0activem is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: