Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
silverfox328
1st Gear Newbie

T.O vandalism victim(who sells body parts)?

Damn, i parked in the wrong spot in district lofts visting my sister-in-law. the owner of the spot proceeded to snap my right side mirror off in haste. he started on the other one but someone caught him in the act and fortunately it didnt break.

Anyways, where would be a good place to find a replacement? i got one from Mississauga auto wreckers but its going back on monday. it was not in good shape.

i have a 97 328i 4dr sedan, heated electrical adjust. silver in colour....to be specific.

Please help maxbimmer bretheren.
silverfox328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
Qube
5th Gear Member

What? If he was caught in the act, then he should be paying full $ for a new or mint condition one from a local shop. Why are you checking out wreckers? That just ain't right...

Qube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

^^^He should, but who is going to make him!? Police would just
tell you to deal with insurance, small claims court could tell him to pay but they won't make him! And all this time and aggravation is not even worth a brand new mirror!

Ps I have one, but not same colour
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

2nd location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
Qube
5th Gear Member

If you've got a witness, this is at least a summary conviction for vandalism. This should get his balls a little toasty. From there, file a small claims against him or let your comprehensive on your insurance take care of him for you. Of course if you have a silly high comp deductible like $500 then the latter is pointless.

If you've caught him in the act, there's no need to wait for karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
^^^He should, but who is going to make him!? Police would just
tell you to deal with insurance, small claims court could tell him to pay but they won't make him! And all this time and aggravation is not even worth a brand new mirror!

Ps I have one, but not same colour

Qube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
marks525
3rd Gear Member

That will learn ya! As much as I hate to see a BMW vandalized, I;ve lived in a condo several years ago. So frustrating when your only parking spot is parked in and management doesn't want to tow it right away. Chalk it up to experience and be thankful that towing and storage didn't cost you more than a used mirror.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

It that happened to me, his car would be victim of my hatchet. I don't agree with people breaking others stuff. Especially when it comes to vehicles. He should have parked close to your car so you couldn't leave. It happened here when MaxBell parked beside my beat up E30, so this Dodge Ram parked behind his car and we almost couldn't get out, but we made it anyways

At Frazer Ford in Oshawa, there was a vandalized car there that was completely smashed by a axe. Not one piece of the car left untouched. I'm not sure if the insurance just scraped the Escape or proceeded to replace all body panels and windows (the SUV was a mess!).
Old 12-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #7
silverfox328
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks525 View Post
That will learn ya! As much as I hate to see a BMW vandalized, I;ve lived in a condo several years ago. So frustrating when your only parking spot is parked in and management doesn't want to tow it right away. Chalk it up to experience and be thankful that towing and storage didn't cost you more than a used mirror.
You're right. i felt really bad for the guy and was getting his info from the concierge to formally apologize. i would have been pissed to see someone in my spot as well. I didnt do it out of spite or negligence, but was in the correct # butwrong level...truly an honest mistake. i just missed hime by 12 minutes as well...probably a good thing.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
silverfox328
1st Gear Newbie

This forum is awesome...i have had great response and should have a decent one on by Monday. Thanks maxbimmer.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
exbmwtech
2nd Gear Member

Next time call me , I have a bunch of e-36 parts lying around....
exbmwtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #10
silverfox328
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by exbmwtech View Post
Next time call me , I have a bunch of e-36 parts lying around....
of course...my bad.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: